Just returned from a 2 week stay at La Plantacion and on the whole enjoyed our experience with some important reservations.We had booked a "Superior room " with sea view and and were shown to a room with a sea view and a spectacular view of the balconies of the block on the left
side -- they of course had a good view of our balcony -- we have been to Costa Adeje many times and never experienced this lack of privacy.We were offered another room which was even worse re view -- the balcony had a solid concrete surround you could not see over sitting down.My wife who has been unwell recently was quite stressed by this time and we accepted first room.
Reception were very helpful and courteous during our stay but on this occasion one particular Receptionist was very cool and inflexible -- we said we had booked a Superior Room and room on offer did not seem to meet this definition -- we were told haughtily ---- " All our rooms are superior "
The hotel is situated on a vast rocky buttressed outcrop high above El Duque with a precipitous busy road leading down to he beach --- brochure says 500 metres -- more like 1000 metres plus. They do run a shuttle at 10 and 12AM with return shuttle at 2 and 4PM.
The restaurant was very spacious with optional al fresco dining -- most nights were themed -- Spanish -- International -- Chinese etc. Cocktails were always available at the entrance -- a nice touch.There was always a Chef at night on his station cooking meats and fish etc and one particular lad was v good and entertaining.On the whole I enjoyed the variety of cold starters and the puddings were delicious . Wife is allergic to olive oil and this limited her options -- she found a shortage of vegetable and potatoes at dinner a disappointed -- also complained that many of the plattered dishes were cold. Win list was adequate with a decent Rioja available for around 20 euros.
Poolside and surrounds were outstanding -- no need to reserve loungers at 7 am !!!
Apart from comfy loungers they had posh Balinese beds which we sampled and enjoyed.
Some of the five pools were chilly but the one at the top with the waterfall was perfect.
Poolside Staff were excellent -- had lunch once in poolside restaurant -- decide to share a burger -- we could not finish it !!!
Wife did Aquarobics once but did not enjoy -- Instructor sat on a chair by the side of the pool and there was no music --- bizarre !!
There is a huge dark room a library/lounge usually empty with a few guests at night -- lights are dimmed and the overall effect is depressingly soporific
There are some splendid outdoor areas adjoining restaurant area -- beautiflul vast wicker chairs with spotless white pillow/cushions
We were not too fussed with entertainment -- were serenaded on two occasions in the restaurant by local trio of guitarists with vocals. On one evening they had a startingly gifted young lady pianist playing both jazz and classical music -- and no one was listening
Our bedroom was superior with his and hers basins -- bidet -- bath --shower etc
There was a shortage of drawer space and the hair dryer "weighed a ton " ----- wife
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This wonderful hotel is located in the privileged zone in the South of Tenerife, Costa Adeje. Given it offers privileged views. It is of Colonial Canarian style, with tropical gardens and has an exquisite decoration full of harmony and elegance in each corner. Located only 500 meters from the Bahia del Duque Beach, it is in the proximity of the best Golf course on the island and is only 20 minutes from the Airport Reina Sofia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Venere, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion del Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion Del Sur Hotel Costa Adeje
- Seleccion La Plantacion Vincci
- La Plantacion
- Vincci La Plantacion
- Vincci Playa De Las Americas
- Vincci Plantacion
- Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion Del Sur Tenerife/Costa Adeje