The positives far outweighed the negatives, so first the positives;
The hotel is a lovely style, relatively modern, well located and very clean in ALL areas.
The staff are FANTASTIC (especially in the dining room) and there's a huge range of food that should suit everyone.
The hotel is BIG and being disabled I asked for a room close to an elevator but there must have been a breakdown in communication, as we were given one that couldn't have been a longer walk from reception. We asked for a change and were given H39 which was just yards away and on the same floor, so it was ideal. The room had a decent view of the sea and was acceptable in all respects, except that the air con thermostat was at a fixed setting but at least it was at an acceptable temperature.
Although the food selection was HUGE and mostly of great quality and taste, one or two of the options were poor (I chose a slice of steak one night which was inedible for example) but on another night a leg of pork was exceptional. As is often the case the bacon and sausage were of 'European' type, which is far from my liking but the eggs, omelette, etc. were very good and there were endless healthier alternatives to choose from, so it was probably a good thing.
The additional charges for fridge, safe, wifi, etc. are annoying and if the hotel had any sense they'd drop those, as they must lose repeat bookings that far outweigh the money they may make from them.
It sounds like we missed the best and the worst of the entertainment, as we found those we saw to be reasonably good.
Anyone who remembers the Clive James show will be reminded of the wacky Spanish pianist (Margarita Pracatan) who couldn't play more than a few good notes before hitting some bum notes, by the pianist in the lounge but it's a reasonably pleasant experience none the less.
One further thing relating to the operator (Thomson's) rather than the hotel (which did not influence my rating for the hotel), is the quality of the excursions;
1) The Loro Park trip is NOT to be missed, especially to see the Gorilla's, Orcas, Dolphins and seals, as they were an outstanding experience.
2) The inferred promise of seeing dolphins, whales and stingrays by the Thomson rep on the yellow submarine trip are never going to happen as the sub doesn't venture more than a few yards from the harbour. You don't even get to see fish bigger than a foot or so long, although you do get to see ONE relatively big stingray with the tail/sting cut off and hundreds of SMALL fish. If you go for just the experience of a ride in a submarine, rather than what you'll see, you wont be disappointed.
3) We missed the mountain trip but friends said it was a must.
4) The Gay musical night at the castle gets a mixed review. The food wasn't good (the soup was unpleasant and the chicken was tough) and there wasn't any alternative. The big 'girl' was very comical and the main singer was pretty good and it was generally an enjoyable experience but just like the food there were some less than palatable sections.
- Also Known As:
- Guayarmina Princess Costa Adeje
- Hotel Guayarmina Princess
- Guayarmina Princess
- Guayarmina Princess Tenerife
- Guayarmina Princess Hotel Tenerife
- Hotel Guayarmina Princess Tenerife
- Guayarmina Hotel Tenerife
- Guayarmina Princess Hotel Tenerife/Costa Adeje
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Guayarmina Princess Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.