“Fantastic holiday” 5 of 5 stars

34 648741620
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Watersports business in Tenerife dedicated to every aspect of your enjoyment using water based activities including Parascending, Jet skis, Banana, Flyfish rides, Pedal boats, Waterski, Kayak, etc. activities vary from 10 minutes to 3 hours depending on your tastes and requirements. Suitable for all ages. Departure and sales points on all the best beaches in the south of Tenerife and Puerto Colon.
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have not long returned from Tenerife and I have to say doing the water sports was the highlight of my holiday! Not only were the team friendly and helpful but they made you feel comfortable. In my experience one of the team members made me feel more comfortable as I was a bit scared to go on the Jet Ski, he was very polite and definitely made me enjoy the experience more and his driving skills in the speed boat was a great experiencing in its self.

Not only was my experience amazing on the jet skis but the parascending too, the views were spectacular so if you was thinking about it I strongly suggest you do! The men on the boat were also friendly, even the men in the kiosk were approachable and talkative. The boat journeys to and from shore were enjoyable because as I have already said the drivers were sociable with everyone. I really couldn't fault anything and it is GREAT value for money. I enjoyed it so much I went TWICE!

• Polish first
southport
“arrogant divy on a jet ski”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

id like to first say that the parascending and fly fish were awesome and the staff on these two activities were friendly helpful and engaging. the parascending was amazing id defo like to do it again.

Right on to the jet ski divy!! Id like to echo a review i just read on here. we booked threw our rep and opted for the jet ski safari as we thought we were going to get to go in and out of caves and jump into the sea off our jet skis at some point.

We didnt get hardly any tuition just pointed at the stop start and faster buttons and controls. not offered a wet suit which wud of been needed for health an safety. not offered glasses and at points threw out the jet ski we couldnt see for the salt spray, i mean literally had to close our eyes as we were going at 30-40 mph. The guy and one other person who he seemed to know who'd come along for a ride just shot off and left us and only seemed to wait to take pictures so they cud push them on us later.

we didnt get to jump off or go in caves. we barely reached the cliffs stopped for water and sandwich an then came back which tbf i couldnt wait to get off them. it seemed like we were annoying him with how slow we were going.

We paid ONE HUNDRED AND NINETY EUROS per couple for all three things (jet ski paracending an fly fish) and do feel ripped off. if we had known we wud of skipped to jet ski or just done a 15 minit taster to see if we liked it. didnt feel safe doin the jet ski and at one point our guide was so far ahead we had drifted towards the shore and a different guide came over to tell us to go further out to see as we were in danger of hitting submerged rocks.

we were two couples age range 19-28 and not the type to scare easy (we all did the tower of power at siam park no probs) but this guy just didnt give a rats he was just off enjoyin a jet ski out with his mate an puttin up with waitin for us

AVOID THE JET SKI!!

London, United Kingdom
“Great Experience, Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We recently booked the 1 hour Jet Bike Safari, it was a great experience, we were brought quite the distance out into the sea but at the same time felt safe. We paid to get the photos from the experience which were to be ready the next day however as we had visited the volcano that day we missed the opening hours to collect our photos and then had to return to the UK. After emailing the company they posted the disc containing all of the photos within a few days, the photos were quite expensive to be fair but that's to be expected on this type of activity I suppose and overall the level of excellent customer was excellent. I highly recommend this company and noticed that the price was quite a bit cheaper than the Jet Ski Safari advertised in our hotel also.

Visited October 2013
Marco M, Owner at Water Sports Tenerife, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thankyou for your review on trip advisor, we are extremely glad you enjoyed your experience with us and hope to see you again in the future!
Oswestry, England, United Kingdom
“Absolute All Round ABOMINATION!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Some people should NOT be allowed to get away with the misery they inflict on others who are just trying to have a great holiday......Hence my need for writing this review so others may not be succumbed to the appalling treatment and experience that we unfortunately suffered with Watersports Costa Adeje at Puerto Colon!! If, by writing this, I can save a few from having their holiday totally ruined by this misery of a so called business that are supposedly meant to put the "F's" into Fun and Friendly, then we at least may take consolidation from our misery in the knowledge of saving others the same fate.

We booked for the double, 30 min jet skiing and parascending, 95 euros for the 2 of us which was the cheapest price by 5 euro's against other companies offering more or less the same, and, sadly, as is the norm, in our aim to save a penny or two we ended up paying dearly in other ways.

On first arriving at Puerto Colon after a wonderful scenic 2 hour drive from the North where we were staying, we were, how shall I say, rather urgently in need of a toilet. On reaching the harbour we found public toilets but needed 50c coins to use them. Not having the required 50 cent coins we looked for somewhere to get change, Aha the Watersports shop was just across from the toilets so off I wandered to get change. On entering the shop I was greeted by a youngish girl who spoke in English to me welcoming me to Watersports and asking me how she could help me. I asked politely if it was possible to change a euro coin into two 50 cent coins please, she replied in English "Yes certainly, no problem" and in the very next breath said to the man in the shop in Spanish "Always the same [--] with these English only ever after change for the toilet so they feel at home". As I understand Spanish, obviously unknown to her that I may, I said straight away, "Ok, don't bother I'll get change elsewhere"!! With a stunned look on her face she said "Oh you understand Spanish" to which I replied "Obviously". She handed me the change and I left, wandering what on earth she would think when I returned in a couple of minutes with my booking.
On my return she greeted me with a "What Now, God". I showed our booking and she bluntly told us to go wait at a gate by one of the jetties. Rude and UnEducated are two words which I feel are nowhere near strong enough for that MADAM!!!

As with the other people who have commented on here, we were only given old life jackets, made to wade out to a boat which took us to jet skiis out of the harbour, a young man who seemed like he was more interested in getting a tan and chatting up young girls than showing us how to use the jet ski safely, (we had never been on one before and told them the same). told us to stop the engine pull the cord that whoever was driving had around their wrist and stay around the yellow bouy course, 3 bouys in a triangle about 150 metres apart. Tuition, safety??? Not here today!! Quite afraid as we had no idea what to expect we set off around the course, we were not enjoying it as we felt very unsafe as, what I can only describe as "Idiots" were racing by us so fast and so close that the wake they were leaving for us almost capsized us several times, and nobody did or said anything for them to slow down or just give us a bit of respect. We were supposed to get 30 mins on the jet skiis but after 20 mins the "Adonis" shouted us that time was up, so the walk out into the sea, the boat trip to actually get to the jet ski were also included in the 30 mins?? Not what we were told on booking. To be honest we were glad it was over, not that we are funny duddies with fear, we both ride motorcycles and have done for years so we were not afraid of the jet skiis, just would of liked a small amount of tuition to get started off on them to be able to enjoy the experience. Was not to be.

Now to the parascending experience.........Not an awful lot to say apart from a complete rip off. We paid for parascending not a boat trip with a lot of other people and a 5 minute jaunt with a bit of old rag taking us up a few feet and back down again!!! Oh, and with the added cheek of asking for more money for a photo of ourselves so we would never forget the horrendous event!!!

Whether we caught them all on a bad day or not we paid for the experience of a lifetime but
it was a far cry from what we expected and, an experience "All in All" we would much rather forget we ever had the misfortune of actually living!!

Our advice to anyone wanting the Watersports Experience........AVOID THIS COMPANY AND ALL THE MISFITS THAT WORK FOR IT AND PAY THE EXTRA PENNY OR TWO AND ACTUALLY ENJOY YOUR TIME NOT REGRET EVERY SINGLE SECOND FROM START TO FINISH!!!

TO FINISH, I'M JUST HAPPY WE BOTH GOT HOME ALIVE AFTER OUR ENCOUNTER WITH THE "WATERSPORTS CREW". A VERY MOTLEY CREW INDEED!!!!

tenerife
“Brilliant experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Booked with our Thomson rep, it cost 95 euros for the both of us. We booked to do Jet skiing (double) for 30 mins and parascending. We done parascending first which was brilliant and amazing view of Tenerife. We then done jet skiing which was a great adrenaline rush, only thing that sucked was not given eye protection. All the sea water was going in my eyes and was hard to see right. 30 mins is plently of time , after a while your arms start to hurt and your eyes . It was a brilliant experience and will defo be doing jet skiing again.

Visited September 2013
Marco M, Propietario at Water Sports Tenerife, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thanks for your great review, unfortunately we don't give any eye wear for the jet skis, but you are quite right the Atlantic is very salty so perhaps this is something we could review!! We hope to see you again should you come back to Tenerife, don't forget to recommend us to friends and family and like us on Facebook!!