“Perfect place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HOVIMA Santa Maria

You added HOVIMA Santa Maria to your Saves list
HOVIMA Santa Maria
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Espana s/n, 38660 Costa Adeje, Tenerife, Spain (Formerly Santa Maria Aparthotel)   |
Ranked #29 of 40 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Mokena, Illinois
“Perfect place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Very nice place to stay in the beatifull island.Nice rooms,pool,very good food,close to Atlantic,nice beach,close to center of all atractions 20 min by taxi ride.Very friendly staff and quate at evening hours - defenetly recomended !!! Stayed here in September 2011

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

The apartment we stayed in is lovely, breath taking views from our balcony. Staff is very helpfully. We had 1 night in the apartments restaurant, fine for a buffet. Talent shows is really good to see (especially for children).

• Stayed October 2012
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Ok, the thing is, I went here ten years ago (i lied when I put 2012 - shhhh). Things might have changed but I doubt it, because it all looked like it hadn't been touched since 1985 when I was there.

I saw a cockroach. A real one. Apparently they have been living in Tenerife for billions of years before I got there, but I hold the hotel fully responsible for not making them leave while I was there.

The room was ok. There was no air con but I compensated for this by making my wife fan me with a pair of her unworn drawers. Unfortunately by the end of the week she had no clean Alan Whickers left and so the local cats started to congregate outside our balcony. Unacceptable on the hotels part once again as one of them was Siamese and had a funny look in its eye. I am not racialist but this is not acceptable. Even in a three star hotel.

I cannot comment on food as I did not eat here.

I cannot comment on the laundry room or lifts as I did not use them.

I can comment on the swimming pool. I went in it. It was nice.

To sum up, there are better hotels, but you may be on the dole so it might be all you can afford, in which case you will probably like it.

Toodle Pip

Harry

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Just returned from a weeks stay with my family- 7 adults and 1 child. My husband and I had a one bedroomed apartment on the ground floor. My first reaction was that I thought I had stepped back to the 1980's. Very old fashioned decor. We asked to be moved but nothing else was available. The public areas were very good. However, the old residents who own apartments there seemed to think that they owned the sunbeds too. In fact one morning they surrounded my husband and ganged up on him!! It was a little like 'Gods waiting room'. Don't think we will be returning.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are very noisy
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Carluke
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I revisited this hotel with my daughter and husband.

The last time I visited I reported that the hotel was catching pigeons and keeping them in cages in the heat for days at a time which was very cruel.

This visit I did look on top of the pool restaurant and bar and am pleased to report that the cages are no longer there.

We were in a two bedroomed apartment which was very nice in the annex with a pool view. The only down side this time was we had neighbours from hell in the next door private apartment who came in drunk every night and argued for at l east an hour. We did not complain as we thought as it was a private apartment nothing could be done.

Other than that we have no complaints as the hotel and pool area are kept clean so I can report this time we had a very enjoyable 2 week stay and hope to visit again.

Room Tip: We liked the annex we have been there twice and the rooms are nice. We have also been in the dungeon...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is at the end of the strip that includes Playa de los Americanos, it isn't really in the more upmarket Costa Adeje, which is a 5 minute walk away.
We stayed over New Year with our 2 kids for a week. The hotel upgraded us to a 2 bedroom apartment,which was great. The terrace was spacious, the beds were comfy, the closet was large. More positives: it was not too noisy. We could hear the upstairs neighbours in their high heels and the child next door drumming, but it wasn't overly noisy. However, our room faced NW, so we had no sunlight on our terrace and didn't face the pool. It might have been noisier if we faced that direction. The staff were all friendly. Most of the patrons were families or older couples.
On the downside, the hotel is a 3 star and could use a little upgrading (chipped tiles, old paint), dim lighting, but nothing awful. The little extras that you get in a 4 star hotel were absent: tissues, hand cream, shampoo. The kitchenette was scarcely equipped, no sieve, tongs or cooking spoon, no sponge or washing up liquid. The heated pool was rather chilly,but then it was January. The cold water tasted like roach killer. You must buy drinking water. There was entertainment every evening, but it was a bit lame: ABBA tribute band, John Denver, etc.
However the New Years dinner and party were well organised. They catered to the entire hotel with 2 dinner sittings. There was huge variety and the food was quite decent.
Overall they did a good job for a 3 star hotel, but if you want those little extras, go to a 4 star.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Staff was plain rude when it was time to check out. Without any prior notification we were locked out of our rooms when we were not checked out at noon on our last day of our stay. Nowhere it had been announced that check out time was noon. And instead of asking friendly, our room key was disabled and we had to get into an argument to get our luggage for the apartment. Really never experienced such horrible behavior of any staff ever.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to HOVIMA Santa Maria? Share your experiences!