“Superb Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Costa Adeje Gran Hotel

Save Saved
You added Costa Adeje Gran Hotel to your Saves list
Costa Adeje Gran Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Bruselas 16, 38660 Costa Adeje, Tenerife, Spain   |
Ranked #10 of 38 hotels in Costa Adeje
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Superb Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from an 11 night all inclusive break at the Costa Adeje Gran. I can say with all honesty that this is one of the best hotels that we have ever stayed in, if there was such a thing as a 4 and a half star rating then this would be fully deserving of it. Located in a quiet area, (approx 10 minute walk to beach), the reception/lobby area is massive and tastefully furnished and staff are very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and comfortable with a balcony overlooking the pool area. The hotel are very generous with free shower gels/bath oils etc which are replenished on a daily basis. The pool area is spotlessly clean and there always seemed to be plenty of sunbeds. The hotels policy of no reserving sunbeds is to be applauded!. The service at the pool bar was simply first class (muchas gracias Manuel) and is a nice spot to enjoy a couple of pre-lunch Bloody Mary's. I have read some reviews of the food available in the main restaurant and have wondered if I went to a different hotel. The selection of the food available was absolutely amazing and the choice very varied to suit different nationalities. I appreciate that buffet service is not to everyones liking but, generally, any minor irritations we had were generally caused by other guests!
To sum up, this is a lovely hotel which we would thoroughly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GFHoteles, Director General at Costa Adeje Gran Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Sirs,

Thanks for your comments.

We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we will be more than glad to host you in the near future.

2,713 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (759)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Good hotel!! Kept really well! Good service and the pools were great! Stayed B and b and ate out most nights on beach front!! Restaurants are OK but a fair price for food!! Ate in the hotel once and there was a good selection !!! Overall very Good hotel, not an awful lot to do in the immediate area but very good holiday if your just looking to relax and enjoy the sun!!

• Stayed March 2013
Dumfries
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed here a few years ago and, in recent years, visited other hotels in the area we decided to go back to the Costa Adeje Gran - and we're not disappointed. Yes, I agree with others that the building needs repair/a coat of paint in some areas - but due to the style of building there will always be parts of it open to the elements. The food was variable and not 5* but we usually found something to suit us. Queuing can be a pain - but this allows you the choice you wouldn't get if table service. The no reserving sun beds rule was strictly followed and we saw a few disgruntled people going to collect their belongings - I personally thought it was good to see a hotel actually enforcing this rule - there were plenty of sun beds without the need to be out at first light putting your towel on a bed! The staff were the biggest plus in the Hotek - nothing was a bother to them and we always found them welcoming and helpful. The nighttime entertainment was varied - but we chose carefully the ones we wanted to go to - there are ample bars in the area if you want entertained but don't want to stay in the hotel. I would not hesitate in recommending the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Sirs,

Thanks for your opinion and suggestions that will for sure help us to improve our services.

It will be a pleasure to host you once again at your earliest convenience,

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We just got back from the hotel yesterday , and I would recommend this hotel for as quite good ( and very good value for money we paid) , however we felt there is still room for improvement.

We liked the following -
general hotel area , reception and grounds were quite impressive - large , clean , nicely decorated , and lots of space (chairs , lounges and areas to relax)

bedrooms - large , clean , excellent daily maid service , nicely furnished . Lots of channels ( all the regular British channels )

Pools - 4 pools , 2 of them heated ( however we felt could have been heated a little more, for this time of the year ) . I was always enable to find free sunbeds for myself and my family after breakfast even though the hotel was a full occupancy.

Good but Could Do Better :

Entertainment -There was always a main show on between 9:45pm - 10:30pm ,singers , tribute groups, performers etc some nights these were good ( the 3 tenors) , other nights not so good ( motown singer) , We felt the hotel could have had provided a disco or somewhere to dance after this time.

Kids Club - my daughter enjoyed the kids club which was opened daily (except Tuesdays) btwn 11:00 - 13;00 & 15:00 -17:00 . We felt theses hours were a little short and staff wanted you pick you're kids up 15mins before closing time , hence kids only had just over 1hr 45mins in the club at each session , which didn't give parents much time to relax . There was also a mini- disco every night btwn 8:30 - 9:00pm which my daughter also enjoyed.

Food - This was average/ Good depending on the night ,we always found something which we enjoyed eating, the highlight was the seafood (especially the tiger prawns which we liked and had for both lunch and dinner on different nights). However the dinning room felt at the times like a Canteen with the queues to the different buffet stations and the volume of people walking around , By the third night we found much better seating area in the left hand section ( on entrance) to the Dinning room , which was a lot more quiet and relaxed.

Location - Average , not Beach front , probably about 7-10 mins leisurely walk down road to Beach.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sirs,

Thanks for your comments which will keep on helping us to improve our services.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at your earliest convenience,

Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

It is my first review in English-sorry for my poor English. I am working in Coral Travel and have 7 night vacation 22-29/03/2013 with my 10year son. Before my trip I read the reviews about this hotel here and was suprised that the most are excellent. But really the Costa Adeje Gran hotel is near to excellent. We did not wait till 14.00 on arrival, the check-in was fast and they gave us the good room number 307. When I booked the room via travel agency I asked the room on the sunny side and think that it have to be on the pool side, but they gave us room facing south-west on the the outer side.Then I realized that we are lucky to have the best view to all Costa Adeje, we see from the balcony the sunrise and in the evening the charming lights of Costa Adeje resort. The room is home style with big mirrors (as all are mentioned here). I wish it would be a rugs on the floor as the floor is cold and there are bath-robes but no slippers. And there are even little comb and tissues but no hair conditioner and cotton pads (that is strange for 5 star hotel as I think), also the bath gel in automats was poor (stinking to be honest). There is no ventilation in the bathroom. These are small minuses of hotel's room. The good points of the hotel are
1) pool terraca with plenty of sunbeds (the minus is sun umbrellas too light and unsteady to wind),
2) good food quality varied all our 7 days stay,
3) good service in the restaurant,
4) comfortable lobby bar
5) excellent location- 5-7 min to Playa Del Duqe and 10-15 min to Fanabe Playa.
I would like to say "Thank you" to all hotel's staff and managment and I hope to return to Tenerife maybe to this hotel as 7 days vacation is too short holiday for sunny Tenerife.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Natalia,

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to forward us your opinion and also those details where we have to improve.

Hoping to be able to host you once again at our Hotel,

Kind regards,
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is a lovely, clean hotel with excellent facilities, well specified rooms that are spotless and great pool facilities. There are 4 pools, one on the rooftop terrace, one heated, one not and a kids pool. The largest is about 30 metres and great for serious swimmers. There are plenty of sun beds and I am glad to report, if you try to reserve them before 10 am the staff will remove your towels. The hotel also has good facilities for the sporty types. A warning; if you don't like noisy kids stick to the roof terrace or go elsewhere as this is a family friendly hotel. Apart from that our only disappointment was the food. While there was plenty of choice, the quality of food and preparation was not as good as many 4 star hotels we have stayed at.

Room Tip: Front or rear views are good and higher floors are best. The back of the hotel has nice views of the...
Lincoln UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

In my view this hotel does not live up to its 5 star rating. We stayed for 13 nights on an all inclusive basis and although the holiday was in no way a disaster there were lots of little niggles that took the shine off the holiday. This hotel is showing its age, there are outside areas where paint is peeling off the walls and inside there are areas where quite large cracks can be seen in the plaster. The pools are clean and there are plenty of plastic sun beds but open a sun umbrella and it will almost certainly look as if it should have been renewed some while ago. The service at the bar/cafe in the lobby was patchy to say the least, one day we would sit in the bar area and a waiter would appear and take our order with a friendly smile, at other times we would be totally ignored even though the place was practically deserted. My main disappointment was with the dining arrangements. The main dining room was always overcrowded with people trying to find a vacant table or queuing to be served. Although there was a large selection of food available I found that I suffered from chronic indigestion every time we ate there. I resolved this problem by refraining from eating any cooked meat or fish. I found the quality of the included house wines disappointing and after trying the red the white and the rose I decided to stick to water for the remainder of the holiday. The entertainment laid on by the hotel did not appeal to me, all the musical acts had the volume of the speakers turned up too loud so that the singer and the backing music blended into one large noise. Most evenings at nine some poor animals or birds would be taken from their boxes and presented as a wildlife or birds of prey show, the show presenters would then go round the room offering to take photos of the guests with the animals/birds which could be purchased later. As stated previously, the holiday was not a disaster so here are some good points about the hotel. The sixth floor pool area is a haven of peace and tranquility, neither my wife nor myself like to sunbathe so we were pleased to find a small corner where we could lie out in the shade and read or listen to music to our hearts content. My wife usually complains that hotel beds are uncomfortable, but the one in our room proved to be really comfortable for her. In general the staff at this hotel were friendly and helpful. In conclusion I personally will not use this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Costa Adeje Gran Hotel? Share your experiences!