“GOOD 4 STAR” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Costa Adeje Gran Hotel

You added Costa Adeje Gran Hotel to your Saves list
Costa Adeje Gran Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Bruselas 16, 38660 Costa Adeje, Tenerife, Spain   |
Ranked #12 of 40 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“GOOD 4 STAR”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I am looking at other peoples reviews and see them raving about this hotel. I just don`t get it.
Yes its ok.The room was that far from the reception, by the time I got there, I thought I was in Los Christianos!!!
I do wish when you call the hotel before booking and ask the question, do you have wifi in the bedrooms, they would tell the whole truth, which is yes they do, but it doesn`t work. As I need it about four times a day, it is annoying to have to go walk all the way to the reception area to get a signal that works..
We just paid for bed and breakfast which I must say the room was of reasonably good four star quality. With regards to the food at breakfast,I didn`t know that a chef could work so hard to make such a large selection so tasteless.
The entertainment around the pool area was to say the least, annoying. Do these hotels not realise that when they are conducting arobics with only sixteen people in the pool, using music that was so loud that the other 150 people can`t talk, they are not exactly getting the job right. I also wish they had stopped bothering me to ask if I wanted to join in the other activities. If I had neede all that I would have gone to a holiday camp !!!.
I must say that by enlarge, the entertainment at night was good, although I do wonder why a lot of the acts, thought that the audience were all deaf and the guy who introduced all the acts. brought the word "patronising" to a new level. Every night we got the same boring introduction from him. Hello England, hello Ireland, hello Wales, Hello Scotland, Oh and occasionally, a hello Germany, just to balance things up.
Having said all this, I am sure a lot of people had a lovely time but I will be back at the Ibrostar Mirador next time, more expensive but well worth it,

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room near the elevators
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (997)
  • Polish first
Northampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed January 04-11. Having been advised to move from this 'pit of a hotel', I chose to ignore those comments and go with it. We are a family of 5 not a couple of 2 looking for Romance!!! We have a daughter who is 17 and registered blind, that I have to add Thomson holidays couldn't care less!!
Each time we book with them I am made to feel that is my problem and not theirs as they will not guarantee rooms next to/interconnecting even if I offer to pay extra. However, I now bypass thomson/first choice and contact the hotel direct to request this type of room as previously mentioned our 17 year old is blind and we have 2 other younger children.
I emailed this hotel direct and had the most amazing response. The Receptionist on our arrival had the greatest sense of humour, telling us us we had two rooms on opposite sides of the hotel. Really!!!! No,,they had accommodated our family on the first floor with interconnecting rooms. What a relief!
Our holiday is often spoilt by the 5am rush for sun beds. Not here, I totally understand we were out of high season, but the signs were clear and we decided to put it to the test!!! We chose our beds at 8.30 went for breakfast, and our lad who is 11 was in a hurry so we said go lay on the beds at 9.10 am. He came back distraught!! No towels, no beds, no rubbish magazines. What an absolute breath of fresh air, that a hotel practices what it preaches. We stayed half board and enjoyed every minute of it. Great staff, great rooms, pools were cold, but what do you expect in January? Food was good, been AI over the last few years, decided that we know Tenerife well enough to eat out safely. Small snack for evening meal, few drinks, long walk and then great meals. Back to hotel for a few drinks before a long lay in, no bun fight at 5am.
All in all, I would recommend this hotel 100%. Staff were great, before we arrived and during our stay. Wouldn't hesitate recommending or returning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Bournemouth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Nice Hotel, Food, Rooms, Pools and plenty of sun beds alll, is great except the discrimination against the "All Inclusive" guests. You have to wear a blue plastic bracelet to identify that you are "All Inclusive ". As far as the bar waiters are concerned you become invisible once you have this bracelet on.Preference is given to half board or B&B guests that have to pay extra for all drinks. It would seem that the hotel managment encourage the waiters to concentrate on the half board and b&b guests as this creates extra income and tips whereas "all inclusive" guests have paid up-front.The situation is made worse as there are many drinks excluded from the all incusive programme and decends into farce when you are told that you cannot have a bloody mary as part of the programme unlessyou order the vodka and tomato juice etc. seperatley and make it yourself.It is a big mistake for hotels to offer mixed board basis. If they want to offer "All Inclusive" they should do this 100% or stick to Half board and/or B&B.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Our sixth visit to this fantastic hotel and it's even better than ever.
Our last stay was three years ago and the only downsides then were the food and the entertainment.
Both however have improved leaps and bounds. We always found the meals to be tasty and hot with plenty of choice. Freshly prepared steaks, lamb and fish dishes as well as a variety of pasta provided something for all tastes and we certainly wouldn't describe the dining room 'disorganized' as other reviews state.
The entertainment too is much improved but as others have said, give the evening when the hotel team are on stage - embarrassing doesn't describe it!
Beautiful rooms kept clean and tidy and staff who can't do enough for you added up to a fantastic holiday.
Already planning visit number 7!

• Stayed March 2013
east anglia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Just Returned from another fantastic week at the costa adeje gran hotel. I did not think this hotel could get any better after our last visit (October 12), but I was even more impressed this time, again the staff were so friendly and helpful, the food was so fresh and varied and the hotel rooms and grounds were kept immaculately clean. A big shout out to all the staff at the pool bar and our favourite waiter Gaspar a great guy with fantastic attitude to customer service and great fun to boost. This holiday was made that extra special as we met up again with some great friends Mandi and barry that we met at this hotel last year. A fantastic hotel and we will be returning

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

visited the hotel last year! the hotel is very clean with all the staff very helpful, the rooms are fairly big but not the cleanest! the air con is very noisy but does the job, now the food!!! it was a hit or miss somes of the stuff was perfect while the other things like fish or burgers where pretty much cold! overall it was an ok holiday but is not worth 4 stars thats for sure!!!

the spa is never cleaned!

Room Tip: dont buy the trips from the hotel! get the vouchers from the people at the airport saves u about 25...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Carnforth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My 4 friends and myself have just returned, all too soon may I add, from our annual girlie holiday and the 2nd time at the Adeje Gran. I can honestly say it was just as good if not better than last year, even though we only stay for 4 days. We were checked by Juan Carlos who was very helpful, friendly and efficient for all of our stay, and the glass of cava or apple juice went down a treat after our journey. Our cases were at our rooms, 580 and 581 on the top floor with magnificent sea and pool views, within 5 minutes. The sun is on the balcony from early morning to sunset and although not huge it is perfect to sit and have a drink on and chill out whilst other people get ready.
The food as I said in my last review is excellent and the choices are enough for even the pickiest of eaters. The freshly made omelettes in the morning with oven cooked tomatoes are delicious, the choices are never ending. For lunch and dinner my favourite is the salad with Canarian potatoes, fresh cooked fish and pasta, but again there are so many other choices it is hard to make up your mind. The chefs on the fresh cooking stations work so hard to ensure you get what you want as quick as possible, and yes there are queues, so just be patient and say" gracias" it's good to show some appreciation for how hard they work. The waiters and waitresses work like trojans to set and clear tables so again a little patience is sometimes necessary, after all you are on holiday.
Most of the drinks are branded and there are 5 cocktails included in the all inclusive, the rose wine, which you get by the bottle in the dining room, is lovely. We had a jug of Sangria every afternoon on the terrace bar along with coffees and baileys a perfect way to end the afternoon, all the staff are lovely and will stop for a chat to help me with my Spanish , which is much appreciated.
The evening entertainment was in the reception bar area this year, and once again the 3 tenors were on and were brilliant as were the saxophonist and piano players. It's a large area with places to chill and relax either inside or outside, if you are a smoker.
There is a market opposite the hotel on a Thursday and Saturday and is well worth a visit, the bus stops are right outside which take you all over the Island, and the promenade for a leisurely stroll to Fanabe , La Caleta or El Duque is at the bottom of the hill, a little steep but well worth the effort and there is a lovely shopping area on the way to break up the walk downhill.
There is a beach at the promenade, and this year we sat on it for a few hours and went for a swim in the sea which was a little chilly at this time of year but very invigorating, then we sat for a coffee at one of the many bars in El Duque.
My only small gripes are as last year with having lunch, as we still could't sit outside in the sunshine, being all inclusive, unless we opted for a very limited choice with plastic knives and forks, so we had to go in the dining room, but perhaps when we go next year they may have sorted something out. You can get toasted sandwiches from the reception and sit in there to eat them if you do not want to go in the dining room.
The second being, as last year, the sun beds and umbrellas desperately need replacing, they do let the lovely pool areas down.
I would just like to thank ALL the staff for making our holiday fantastic and can't wait to go back in May.
It's one of the best hotels we have stayed in and I am going again in May with my husband for his birthday as well as with the "girls" next March. Take my advise just book it and see for yourselves, you won't regret it.

Room Tip: Pool and sea view a must on 3rd 4th or 5th floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Costa Adeje Gran Hotel? Share your experiences!