Don't expect great views from this hotel, from my room (A126) I was overlooking the children's pool, fair enough but the view of the hotel block opposite resembled a prison building..The corridors are very narrow so a wheelchair has to be handled carefully.
THE ROOM.I was pleasantly surprised with the size of the room with it's separate sitting area. A small kitchenette area was also provided but no utensils so it could not be used (but who needs to on an all inclusive basis) however the fridge did work so that was handy. The furniture is basic but adequate. There is telephone and T.V. which apart from the Spanish channels has Sky news and one other English film channel. There were lots of coat hangers, I liked that. Everything was, and kept, very clean. I liked the small balcony with two chairs, table and a concertina drying rack for damp clothes.
THE FOOD. No service in the dining room except for table clearing as it is all self service/buffet style, coffee, soft drinks and fruit juices are all dispensed through machines as are beer and wine during lunch and dinner. The choice of food is excellent, I defy anyone to leave the hotel hungry, lunch and dinner can be a bit 'samey' after a while but lets not be too picky, the soups were really delicious. Breakfast is exceptional !! Eggs done every which way but what !!, bacon, sausage, baked beans, lots of cereals, bread products sweet and plain, fruit, porridge, pancakes...........you name it AND, would you believe, H.P. sauce, never seen that before in a Spanish hotel.
DRINKS. The main bar, day and night is in the entertainment area, There is another bar adjacent to the dining room but on the one evening I visited there was no staff. If you like lager style beer, it's very good, judging from a delivery lorry I saw, it's Heineken. The wine was drinkable BUT the spirits on the all inclusive package, in my view,were appalling, if you want a branded spirit you have to pay extra. I bought a good bottle of scotch from a local supermarket and had an afternoon 'sniffta' on the balcony. Mind you, if you are travelling with young children with a constant demand for 'pop' it's still very good value for money.
ENTERTAINMENT. entertainment takes place in a large courtyard area with a stage at one end. Not much for adults I'm afraid but the animation staff are really, really good with young children in the evening and during the day (take a jacket, it can fall cool in the evening even in Tenerife
SERVICE. Not at all bad, all the staff were friendly and efficient for example, our hair dryer stopped working during our visit and it was fixed within the hour. There is a counter at the end of reception entrance where you can book excursions etc., all the staff were so, so helpful about everything, I was impressed.
OVERALL. This is not a four star hotel as I understand it so don't expect pampering luxury, I would rate the Isla Bonita as a three star however, this is at the cheaper end of the market and as such does represent very good value indeed. Just a thought here, because of it's good value, the hotel seems to have an informal atmosphere and and people mix easily so I met some lovely new friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This comfortable hotel is located in the tourist area of Playa Fanabe and in the area you can find a lot of shops, bars, pubs, restaurants and nightclubs as well as public transport. A 400m is the beach promenade and Fanabe beach.The cozy and comfortable rooms are air conditioned and equipped with bath, separate living room, direct dial telephone, satellite TV, , sitting area , hire safe and a balcony or terrace. Guests have access to two swimming pools for adults and two for children. In addition, a snack bar, sun loungers and a terrace for sunbathing. If you want to keep fit you can use the gym. As for sports, you can play tennis, table tennis, basketball, billiards (additional fee) and bocce. You will also have the chance to practice archery. The nearest golf course is three kilometers away. We have an ample entertainment program for both adults as well as children. On arrival, guests will need to pay a deposit or provide a credit card number, the deposit will be refunded upon departure after deducting any extra expenses (telephone, laundry, etc). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Venere, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Isla Bonita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adonis Resorts Isla Bonita Hotel Costa Adeje
- Isla Bonita Tenerife/Costa Adeje
- Jardin Isla Bonita
- Hoteles Isla Bonita Jardin Hotel
- Isla Bonita Hotel Tenerife