This is a very good hotel, even if on arrival, at first, the reception area seems rather unpretentious and small, compared with some rather grandiose ones in other Canary Islands 4/5 Star hotels. Overall though it is a very well run, well equipped hotel with friendly staff. Perhaps for us, apart from the nice ambiance of the place, the highlight was its location. Right on the sea front and within a couple of minutes walk, north or south, to many beach promenade shops and restaurants. A ‘safe’ area of Playa de las Americas and well away, we gathered, from the perhaps rather noisy bar/night club area of the resort.
The room we had (No 815) was a sea view one on the 8th floor. We were glad we paid a supplement for this and enjoyed being quite high up with a quite excellent view of the resort’s sea front. Lots of activity to view. On most days one could also see the island of La Gomera and sometimes the further La Palma, plus on one evening (just) at sunset the more distant island of La Hierro.
No complaints about the room, but we have found that many similar hotels have a nice glossy brochure about the hotel in rooms, but that don’t actually help with how the room works! Example, how do you get the air conditioning to work – close the balcony door normally – no success – down to reception, where helpful clerk comes immediately to our room and shows us that you have to switch on what appears to be a light switch by the side of the bed! Oh well, now we know for next time.
There are two pool areas, one with a quite exotic array of ‘sunbeds’ in front of the hotel, the other to the side of the hotel with more conventional type sunbeds. Plenty of these and the hotel rightly enforces ‘no reserving of sunbeds’ before 10am. Perhaps just a little strange, but we planned to have lunch one day in the poolside front restaurant which looked nice, but were surprised to find it almost deserted. We really wondered why.
The main restaurant is excellent, an extremely nice ambiance and a wide range of food. A tiny quibble, but to see what the main evening dishes being cooked were, one had to peer over the shoulders of those waiting to be served. Perhaps a board showing the choices, by the restaurant entrance, might be considered.
For other food and drink needs, such as bottled water (or wine!) for one’s room, there is a quite good Spar supermarket only a few yards from the hotel entrance
Mention must be made of the two Thomson reps, Gemma and Anni, who were quite excellent (and who even solved my wife’s problem of trying to gain access, on her Kindle, to the free Wi-Fi in the reception area!).
Overall we had an excellent week’s holiday at this hotel and will most probably come again. A footnote. When we left on 15 Jan the temperature was about 24ºC. Three days later, at home in Somerset, it was zero with 3 inches of snow!
- Also Known As:
- h10 Gran Tinerfe Hotel Costa Adeje
- h10 Gran Tinerfe Hotel
- h10 Gran Tinerfe Resort
- Gran Tinerfe Tenerife
- H10 Gran Tinerfe Tenerife/Costa Adeje
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The H10 Gran Tinerfe hotel is located in the south of Tenerife on the Costa Adeje, right on the seafront. It has three swimming pools and sports facilities for enjoying your holiday time. Its wide-ranging culinary offering will bring you the best of local and international dishes. Hotel guests receive free admission to the Playa de las Americas Casino, which is located in the same building ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Tingo, Otel and Expedia so you can book your H10 Gran Tinerfe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.