“Lovely hotel but the entertainment and diner could be much better” 4 of 5 stars
Review of H10 Gran Tinerfe

Save Saved
You added H10 Gran Tinerfe to your Saves list
H10 Gran Tinerfe
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Rafael Puig Lluvina, 13, 38660 Costa Adeje, Tenerife, Spain   |
Ranked #9 of 38 hotels in Costa Adeje
England
“Lovely hotel but the entertainment and diner could be much better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Well we arrived last Tuesday at the hotel on a very sunny warm afternoon and it was wonderful to get away from the cold damp weather back here in Blighty. I have to say first impressions were all good. A lovely open reception area with lots of seating and a bar to hand on arrival with free drinks. The seated area outside in the chill area was also a bit of a wow for me. We had a room on the first floor with a double aspect varanda overlooking the ocean and the pool areas below. It was simply beautiful, especially when on the first night we got to see the sun go down in the horizon. Pure bliss!!!

Then ... we headed down to the restaurant for dinner later on in the evening. All I can describe it as was utter chaos! People absolutely everywhere, you would have thought it was just a free for all and I actually found the way some of the older people were attacking the buffet areas disgusting. If you went down midway through the service you ended up just scrambling for what you could get, so we decided subsequent nights and breakfast mornings to go down towards the end, when most people would have been and gone. The food I would say was acceptable, but could have been better I think.

The entertainment. Well apart from the first night and the last night that we were there, the only way to describe the entertainment was just pathetic! It was so poor and left us disappointed, that on one night we decided to go watch a drag act singing group, with all food and drinks included just for 49 euros. It was great and we all had a much better time than if we had stayed at the hotel. Saying that the first nights entertainment was another drag act called Mister Sister. He was hilarious and by far the best we had seen. Whoever, looks after the entertainment at the hotel needs to seriously look at what they offer holiday makers because on the whole it was poor.

I have to say overall, taking the accommodation, the meals, the pool side areas, location and everything else into account. I loved it and I for one would go back. I have stayed in dives before and have to say this wasnt bad at all. I could overlook the entertainment and perhaps the food some nights because the rest of it was great,

Room Tip: Definitely go for one of the sea views. Pay a little bit more and you wont disappointed!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
H10GranTinerfe, Manager at H10 Gran Tinerfe, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the H10 hotel on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate the positive reviews of our staff and facilities. Please accept our apologies regarding your disappointment in the dining room and entertainment. Both positive and negative opinions are considered valuable and we will consider your experience when considering how to improve our services in the future. We do hope you consider us again for future holidays.

1,671 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (641)
  • Polish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Just arrived back from 1 week at the Gran Tinerfe, been going to Tenerife for the past 30years and stayed in various hotels/areas. First time at the Gran Tinerfe, starting with the reception and surrounding area's very clean and modern, pool area ok for an old hotel, all staff very pleasant with very quick check in. Bedroom 10th Floor 1004, first impression very small and dated compared to other hotels we have stayed in, bathroom small, no room for toiletries etc. at the sink area, floor flooded through glass partition when showering. No drawers only two small ones inside the wardrobe and at side of bed also very small, the fridge was locked but could be hired but didn't bother also the safe which was a must 15 euros per week didn't mind this and is normal in most Hotels. The balcony, the glass was dirty and full of cob webs, the floor tiles were cracked with holes, the surround was falling to pieces and was not cleaned the whole week. Now the restaurant, lovely modern furniture, too many tables for the size of the food area, no matter what time you went for dinner we were queing like we were in a cafe, running out of dishes like meat etc having to wait for them to be replenished. Restaurant opened at 6.30pm and the food was always warm or cold, even soups in there urns were only luke warm never had meals like this in all the hotels we have been in. There was a good variety for breakfast something for everyone but again only warm. The drinks machine was hit and miss I pressed milk got water pressed coffee with milk got chocolate gave up in the end. After breakfast I decided to ask the Manager why the food was not hot, she said she would look into it, that evening the food was hot and enjoyable unfortunately we only had two days left but at least had two good meals. Talking to other people who had stayed at the hotel before they all said it had gone down hill since they were last there some only last year others a few years back and according to one couple there had been a lot of complaints about the food in the restaurant. They should either have less tables or extend the food areas it was always very busy early or late I would not like to be there in the peak season if this is what its like in the quiet time. Cannot comment on the activities as we never used them or saw any entertainment.
We would not return to this hotel but we had a lovely week weather wise and enjoyed the rest.

Room Tip: Our room was on the tenth floor 1004 overlooking the road, became noisy at night until after midnigh...
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to thoroughly review the service and facilities at the H10 hotel. While of course we want all of our guests to have the best overall experience possible, we do also welcome negative feedback so that we can make improvements for the future. We are now well aware of the complaints made regarding the dinning room experience and the cleaning in the balcony, please be assured measurements are being taken to prevent such experiences for future guests. We are constantly striving for better quality and we do hope that you will consider us again when planning your future holidays.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I am going back to this hotel in January and April . I could not give this hotel enough praise for the attention they give to there guests . The pool is excellent and with no children allowed is a bonus . Rooms are specious and kept spotless. The restraint is spotless and food excellent . A great variety of food to choose from . This will be my 8th and 9th time back there and we always enjoy ourselves .

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
H10GranTinerfe, Manager at H10 Gran Tinerfe, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to review H10 hotels on Trip Advisor. We are very glad you had a great time with us and enjoyed our facilities and atmosphere. We are looking forward to welcoming you in January, If you have any special request do not hesitate to contact us.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

stayed at the H10 Gran Tinerfe from 25/11 to 2/12 on a half board basis, we upgraded to the privilege service and rooms on arrival, which cost €13.50 per person per night, which is great value for what you get, Use of the privilege room and bar, which contains mostly international brands, krups coffee maker, ipod dock in you room, we had a sea view, which we payed a supplement, well worth it.

Food in the buffet resteraunt was ok, nothing special i would say, they had special themed nights from different countries, would be better i think if they offered a choice of buffet or a la carte, dont want to be queing at a buffet every night

The staff were very friendly and helpful, making our party of 5 feel very welcome.

Special thankyou to Charo, Juani and Maria Jorge x

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,

We here at the H10 hotel would like to offer our sincere thanks for your generous praise and for taking the time to review our facility on Trip Advisor. It gives us great satisfaction to know that all of our services are being enjoyed to the fullest, especially the Privilege services. Thank you very much for the suggestions, be assured that we have in our short future plans a restaurant a la carte.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I recently spent an AMAZING week at this gorgeous hotel between 25th November - 2nd December 2012. This was a return visit for me and my partner after having spent a week in November 2011 here also. Upon checking into the hotel we were offered a glass of cava and i was really pleased to see that my FAVOURITE bar tender Juani (sorry if spelt incorrectly) recognised me from my previous visit. I took advantage of the Privilege upgrade for only £155 which gave us access to a private lounge with branded spirits and in room facilities such as coffee maker, pillow menu etc. I had booked a sea view room and this is well worth it as the views are absolutley breathtaking with a clear view across to La Gomera. The hotel itself is extremely modern and very very clean. The staff are an absolute asset to this hotel. I want to make a special mention to Juani who is the happiest and most down to earth bar tender ive had the pleasure of meeting, always smiling and making me laugh! Also Charo in Bar Tiede is AMAZING, great chat and willing to talk and genuinely listen to customers!
Maria Jorge ,customer services manager,is also a delight to deal with. Maria is always smiling and walkingaround talking to guests. I had emailed Maria in advance of my stay to request a high sea view room and Maria arranged a 10th floor room for me. Also, upon check out i requested to view a master suite for consideration for my return visit next year. Maria took the time out of her busy schedule and showed me 2 rooms which were lovely. Thank you Maria for the wonderful service.

Overall this a great couples hotel in a prime location with friendly and helpful staff! im already booking up for next year and cant wait to see the Gran Tinerfe again!

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are a must at this hotel
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing H10 Gran Tinerfe to enjoy your holiday, as well for the kind words to describe your experience with us. We are very pleased you had a great time and that all our staff make your holiday extra special. thank you very much for recommending us to couples and for the suggestion to improve our restaurant service,

For your next visit do not hesitate to contact our guest relation department.

Stevenage, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

BEGIN RANT

This hotel simply has too many rooms for the dining facilities. The bedlam in the dining room each evening meant that if you didn't want to shoulder your fellow holiday makers out of the way you ended up eating whatever limited food you could get at. There were queues to get into the dining room followed by queues at each of the buffet tables. Incidentally - not a sneeze-guard to be seen and I prefer my cheese without flies on it..... but maybe that's expecting too much of a '4* hotel'?

Initially the hotel seemed clean and in good repair, until we started noticing little things that by the end of the week had become quite a long list.
1) The room flood was wood laminate - and starting to warp
2) Walking across the floor on day one (no more than 10 steps) left your feet dirty
3) I had to put the wardrobe drawers back onto their runners before they could be used
4) The grout around the bath was cracked and black with mould
5) There was no anti-slip mat or area on the bath
6) The shower-hose was covered in limescale
7) The toilet clearly hadn't been bleached in living memory
8) We found the water disconnected twice. For a couple of hours on each occasion. I ended up filling water bottles in case we were unable to flush the toilet.
9) Only room temperature milk for cereals at breakfast (why?)
10) No non-smoking tables on the dining room patio

I also wasn't very impressed by the fact that I had to buy water at the meals I'd already paid for, pay for the use of the fridge in the room and pay for the use of the safe in the room.

All in all, if it was a 3 star hotel I'd have shrugged and said 'you get what you pay for'. I rated it 2* because in additon to being only 3* there was a noise problem every evening. The 'music' bar behind the hotel seemed to beam it's music into our room on the 10th floor. The sound insulation between rooms was fine - but the balcony doors didn't seem to stop and noise from outside. Seriously - it was like having a chav parked outside your window with his sound system on full. Also there was quite a lot of noise from some hotel machinery we coudn't see. If you're not willing to pay the extra for a sea-view think twice about staying here.

In short: Not great, not cheap, too keen to charge for everything possible, a bit scruffy and the dining arrangements were wholely unsatistactory.

Just remembered one more niggle,.... what does dead cockroaches in the lifts tell you about a hotel's attention to detail ?

END RANT

Room Tip: Only consider this hotel if you're buying a sea-view side. Think of it as a 3* hotel, if the pr...
bruges belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We had made a reservation of a room plus half board in hotel Gran Tinerfe through our travel agency almost 5 (five) months on beforehand. We were due to spend a fortnight at this hotel from Nov. 14 th -till 28 th. 2012.
We had already received all the official travel documents (hotel voucher- airplane reservation etc.) when just a few days before we were due to leave from Ostend International Airport for Tenerife, we were informed by the hotel management that the hotel rooms were overbooked and that we could not stay at their hotel.
This was rather a shock. Since 1980 we have made 35 trips abroad and never before had such a thing happened to us . Fortunately our travel agency could propose us a good solution and so we had the opportunity to travel to Turkey where we stayed at Belek Voyage Golf and Spa. A wonderful hotel!

Room Tip: What can be told about a hotel overbooking its rooms?
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to H10 Gran Tinerfe? Share your experiences!