Well we arrived last Tuesday at the hotel on a very sunny warm afternoon and it was wonderful to get away from the cold damp weather back here in Blighty. I have to say first impressions were all good. A lovely open reception area with lots of seating and a bar to hand on arrival with free drinks. The seated area outside in the chill area was also a bit of a wow for me. We had a room on the first floor with a double aspect varanda overlooking the ocean and the pool areas below. It was simply beautiful, especially when on the first night we got to see the sun go down in the horizon. Pure bliss!!!
Then ... we headed down to the restaurant for dinner later on in the evening. All I can describe it as was utter chaos! People absolutely everywhere, you would have thought it was just a free for all and I actually found the way some of the older people were attacking the buffet areas disgusting. If you went down midway through the service you ended up just scrambling for what you could get, so we decided subsequent nights and breakfast mornings to go down towards the end, when most people would have been and gone. The food I would say was acceptable, but could have been better I think.
The entertainment. Well apart from the first night and the last night that we were there, the only way to describe the entertainment was just pathetic! It was so poor and left us disappointed, that on one night we decided to go watch a drag act singing group, with all food and drinks included just for 49 euros. It was great and we all had a much better time than if we had stayed at the hotel. Saying that the first nights entertainment was another drag act called Mister Sister. He was hilarious and by far the best we had seen. Whoever, looks after the entertainment at the hotel needs to seriously look at what they offer holiday makers because on the whole it was poor.
I have to say overall, taking the accommodation, the meals, the pool side areas, location and everything else into account. I loved it and I for one would go back. I have stayed in dives before and have to say this wasnt bad at all. I could overlook the entertainment and perhaps the food some nights because the rest of it was great,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The H10 Gran Tinerfe hotel is located in the south of Tenerife on the Costa Adeje, right on the seafront. It has three swimming pools and sports facilities for enjoying your holiday time. Its wide-ranging culinary offering will bring you the best of local and international dishes. Hotel guests receive free admission to the Playa de las Americas Casino, which is located in the same building ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, HotelsClick, Despegar.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your H10 Gran Tinerfe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Gran Tinerfe Hotel Costa Adeje
- h10 Gran Tinerfe Resort
- Gran Tinerfe Tenerife
- H10 Gran Tinerfe Tenerife/Costa Adeje