“A relaxing break in Tenerife” 4 of 5 stars
Review of H10 Costa Adeje Palace

You added H10 Costa Adeje Palace to your Saves list
H10 Costa Adeje Palace
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Playa La Enramada | La Caleta de Adeje, 38679 Costa Adeje, Tenerife, Spain   |
Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“A relaxing break in Tenerife”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

When we arrived at the hotel we were issued rooms on the 3rd floor (same as reception is on) and to say they were shabby and dark was an understatement. Went straight back to reception and was allocated a room on the 7th floor, what a difference, obviously newly refurbished and interior all white, a beautiful room. The food in the hotel is excellent with a huge choice of dishes and lots of fresh fish and salads, staff excellent in all area's extremely pleasant and helpful. Drinks all cocktails, some bottled beers and branded spirits included in the A1 package, the only things that let his hotel down is their animation team and evening entertainment, which was poor to say the least, nightly acts very repetitive with the same couple singing the same songs 4 nights in a row. Out of our 2 week stay I would have said that their were 5 acts which were worth seeing, they also had a piano player in the upstairs bar who belted out the same tunes nightly which again was disappointing. During the day the animation team were not proactive in promoting their activities which some days never came to fruition and if they did there were perhaps 2 or 3 attendee's. No effort was put into attracting holidaymakers, one person would walk round one side of the pool with darts in her hand and if no-one came they just left it which was disappointing and there should have been more interaction with their clients making them aware of what was happening and where it was taking place. As an avid gym goer, this was another disappointment, it did not open until 10am and was glass fronted, therefore by 10am when the sun was up it was unbearably hot as the air conditioning was not efficient, the gym equipment sparse with one running machine, one cross trainer, two spin bikes and a broken stepper, generally people who wish to attend a gym on holiday like to get up early and do their workout before breakfast and the temperature rises, also to enable them to be present when the rest of their party is taking breakfast and perhaps going out for the day. All in all the hotel is lovely, very clean and if the entertainment and activities were sorted it would truly be second to none.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor, our party was on floors 6 and 7 which had been refurbished
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
tenrife60, Community Manager at H10 Costa Adeje Palace, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

I truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback after your recent stay with us. I’m pleased to hear that your overall experience was great and that you enjoyed your vacation.

I have shared your feedback with the Entertainment and SPA departments to improve our service.

We hope to welcome you back.

María Lorenzo, Community Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We have the best holidays ever , staff was very friendly and helpful
The room was very clean with a very nice view
Food was good with lot of choices
Big pool and very closed to the beach
Thank to all the staff for making our holiday special

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback after your stay at our hotel. We are very proud to know that we could meet your expectations, like this is being our main objective. Your comments represent the best reward for our daily efforts and therefore, I will pass your kind words to all the team of H10 Costa Adeje Palace.

Kind regards,

Calne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I will try to be constructive.
Good points first.
Worth paying to go privilege, as without the extras the hotel is very average.
Good room with a nice view. room 567
Very nice big pools which were very clean.
The privilege sunning area was excellent ,really nice sunbeds , you were very well looked after by the dedicated staff with treats brought to you every hour, cocktails, cakes ,fruit ,sweets cold towels etc.
Transfer and Privilege check-in was very good staff made you feel really welcome.
Evening entertainment was better than just in-house entertainment team, but not great.
Privilege lounge was nice with a well stocked help yourself bar .
90% of staff were excellent and not looking for tips, privilege or not.
Excellent coffee in both room and dining room, sorry only if privilege the other coffee terrible.
Nice to have free news paper daily.
Nice bottle of bubbly and a card in my room on my birthday.
Nice walks outside front of hotel if you are ok with hill.
Negatives.
Pool had no shallow end so my wife who isn't a confident swimmer couldn't use it.
Some of public areas not very clean, dirty tables in reception/piano bar area, although corridors carpeted ,very stained and only hovered once in our stay.
No sheet change all week.
Electrical socket in room hanging out of wall ,very dangerous, reported first day and never repaired , I would have followed up if I had children.
Only one specialist dining room Toscas, this was available to us as part of privilege package , you had to book ,this was not a problem. we booked two evening. It was supposed to be fine dining, this it was not and the head waiter was rude, we went to cancel the second night at our reception area and the lady seemed really surprised and asked us to try another night which we did, sorry staff much better but still not impressed with food. Would have been even more unhappy if I had to pay like normal guests. You can take b/fast in there as well we didn't chance it.
Main dining room inside reminded me of my service days, loud and austere, food ok. Nice to sit outside.
Sea and beach outside hotel not very nice, not good or safe to swim, yellow flag all week.

Room Tip: Upper floors We had 567 good sea view and looked over pool area.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at H10 Costa Adeje Palace.
I am very happy to hear that overall you were pleased with your stay. I am even more delighted that our service met your expectations and that you enjoyed your room upgrade.

I have shared your feedback with the maintenance and housekeeping departments to reiterate our company’s dedication to detail and service.

We hope to welcome you back.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed for a week in mid june as a Privelage guest. Well worth the money but certainly a good 4 star family hotel and they don't claim to be anything else. The Privelage deal was well worth the extra. Sunbed area was quiet and spacious with hourly surprises from the waiter, (cake, muffin, cool spray). Privelage lounge was a nice touch and a good place to meet other guests. Tosca is excellent as an option for breakfast /dinner if, like me, you find a buffet noisy. After a week food options were becoming limited but there are a couple of lovely restaurants in Caletta that are worth checking out (seafood and, japanese both beside rosa sul mare which was also very good). Also couer de fillet in Fanabe was superb for a steak but worth booking ahead.

Couldn't fault it for a quiet week. If you really want 5 star then go red level at gran melia in Isora but it will cost you double. However we found this was very good value.

Room Tip: Privelage get sea views which are worth pursuing.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to know that your experience at our hotel was fabulous and that you enjoyed your stay in Adeje. I am particularly pleased that our friendly staff provided you with excellent service. I am also glad that you took time to use our Privilege Room.
I look forward to welcoming you back to H10 Costa Adeje Palace upon your next visit to Tenerife.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a weeks stay at this hotel. Straight away the bell boy was so smiley and friendly and took our luggage immediately. The room was very clean and spacious and bed was huge! We were given a sea view which I requested on booking so that was nice of them. We only ate out twice during our stay as the food was very good although if we're there for any longer like any other holiday we would have got a bit bored of the usual selection. Breakfast was always fresh and having champagne at breakfast is a real touch! We spent alot of time at the hotel it was very relaxing. If anything I would avoid hot food at the pool twice we ordered and had to send back - we arnt usually complainers but the toastie hadn't been toasted and chips were cold. It was my boyfriends birthday during our stay and the staff were more than happy to help me organise a cake etc. they also surprised champagne to the room from the hotel. Wifi only works in the lounge area which was really disappointing- adds a bad point to the hotel. Over all stay was exactly what we expected and are looking to return in the winter. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to share it with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel as well as the many amenities we offer. I do apologize for your discontent with the WiFi service and value your suggestions.
I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to H10 Costa Adeje Palace upon your next visit.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just back from a weeks stay at this hotel. In my party where 2 adults and an 18 month old baby.

First, I booked this holiday through Thomas cook who claim this is a 5 star - Don't be tricked like me as this is a 4 star hotel all day long. Even their sign at the entrance makes this clear.

This property is clean but has a weird set up if you need to use a pram. You are constantly up and down lifts at opposite ends of the hotel to get the pool, restaurant, reception etc.

Service, hit and miss depending on who serves you. They have some great staff, but unfortunately they have some very poor staff too.

The food is ok, but after a few days I found myself a little bored of the same offering so made use of the free bus to playa las Americas. Some great restaurants at the Safari retail park.

Be warned you need to pay for the safe, which I've never heard of before and you are always signing for things which is a little strange. Stay away from the Service entrance room areas. (Not overlooking the beech/pools but the car park and rocks. You get woken up at silly hours every day from the bin men clearing the hotel bins. Annoying.

Overall the hotel was good for a 4 star hotel but if you have a baby its not really got the set up required. I personally wouldn't go back to this hotel but would go back to Tenerife in the future for a short break. If you are after a short, quiet break then you could do worse than here I suppose.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms near the service entrance!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us after your recent stay, your comments represent the best reward for our daily efforts.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had read a number of reviews on trip adviser before we left and was beginning to get a bit worried about certain areas of this hotel. However having returned from a weeks all inclusive, I felt obliged to write a review . We travelled as a young family in the middle of may 2013 and I would say the hotel was not very busy at this time.

The staff we encountered were very friendly, welcoming and helpful. The lady (sorry I forgot her name) from the north of England in reception was particularly helpful, thank you. Also Lillianna in the main restaurant was very welcoming and efficient. We didn't use the bar much in the evening due to travelling with a young child but the pool bar during the day, the staff were efficient and friendly. The room was also modern and clean.

The hotels location for us was brilliant. Its far enough from the touristy center of Costa Adeje to be nice and quite but within walking distance if you want it. On the other side of the hotel is la caleta a small fishing village which also has a number of bars, restaurants and shops. A number of people have complained about the view on this side of the hotel which has not been developed and is barren land. If this bothers you I would recommend paying the extra when you book for a sea view room as we did.

The hotel has 3 large pools, a jacuzzi and a baby pool. One thing we did find slightly annoying as we travelled with a young child was the fact in the 3 main pools the shallowest depth was 1.5m and a bit on the cold side.

On the all inclusive (AI) option most of your meals are served in the main restaurant and we found there was plenty of variety. You had to wait at times for the fresh cooking (meat / fish / pasta etc.) but its cooked in front of you, straight to your plate and it was great. I think a couple of other people mentioned the orange juice at breakfast from a machine and I concur it is revolting. bizarrely you can get orange juice from the bar later in the day on AI. You can eat at the pool bar for lunch from the separate AI menu which was nice and you can have freshly prepared pizzas, burgers and sandwiches. The drinks on all inclusive were great including many main brand spirits, cocktails and of course soft drinks. You can also have certain wine by the bottle. Ive attached a drinks menu which indicates which drinks were on AI and those that are not, hope it helps!

Having been to several AI resorts this was the first I had encountered with a mixture of b&b, half board, full board and AI guests. On top of this you can also opt for the privilege package. It was at first quite confusing which food and drink you could have on all inclusive. Also at exactly 12 noon on your departure day, your all inclusive stops. If you arrived later in the day on your first day however we discovered you can get lunch but this is only given if you ask at reception, so please do!

Apart from the few oddities we had a a great stay at this hotel and would recommend it to anyone who wants a good quality hotel in Costa Adeje, Tenerife.

Room Tip: High floor, sea view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

It brings me great pleasure to know that your stay with us exceeded your expectations. I am happy to know that our staff took care of your every need. Thank you for taking your time to share with us your wonderful experience and kind words. It will be my honor to welcome you back to H10 Costa Adeje Palace on your future travels to Tenerife.

María Lorenzo, Community Manager.

Been to H10 Costa Adeje Palace? Share your experiences!