“Great location, close to the beach... big hotel... comfortable room... friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jacaranda Hotel

You added Jacaranda Hotel to your Saves list
Jacaranda Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Bruselas 4-6, 38670 Costa Adeje, Tenerife, Spain   |
Ranked #22 of 40 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

First of all the staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are big and very clean.
The hotel looks great.. it is close to the beach.
Buffet is very good with lots of food choices.
I enjoyed staying in the hotel.

Room Tip: I had room F969.. with beach and swimming pool view.. it was great
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hotel Jacaranda D, General Manager at Jacaranda Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
We really appreciate your comments Ana.

For us is very important to make your stay perfect and we love listening that you enjoyed in our hotel. We are waiting for your next visit in a close future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Greenock, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Our 2nd stay here,chosen mainly for the more central location as it's close to shops and cafes and a 5min walk to the Prom and Beach. Good points we found were the staff helpful and friendly
both at reception and in the dining area and the maids servicing the rooms. Also the food was of excellent quality and variety both at breakfast and dinner, after the initial rush at opening times there were plenty of tables and time to enjoy your meal. The upper sun terraces and gardens were the quietest and there were always enough beds and umbrella's to go round, and the pools not too busy. HOWEVER (BAD POINTS), if you hope to have the option of a quiet read or relax around the pools - FORGET IT. The activities team spring to life every day between 10.30 and 1pm, then again between 3pm and 6pm. Aerobics, pool volley ball and others begin, but he team
apparently believe that the guests around the ENTIRE pool and terrace areas are afflicted with deafness as dreadful DISCO and RAP music is blasted at you constantly during all the activities,
the team also like to shout instructions at the same level. We left the hotel on numerous occasions to get relief from this racket!!. Also if you like to get a restful nights sleep, DON'T COUNT ON IT, soundproofing in the rooms is not just poor, it's NON-EXISTENT, with tiled passages and flooring throughout, combine this with stupid and inconsiderate people clumping around in shoes both above and beside you and it meant getting to sleep was a real trial most of the time. The piano bar was good for some easy listening most nights while enjoying a drink, but
the music was closed down very early at 11.20pm each night and staff started closing the doors around midnight. The disco and cabarets downstairs were not very good, and one night each week the entertainment was a "Quiz Night??". WOULD WE GO BACK AGAIN? - NO

Room Tip: go for TOP FLOORS on H Block - 9th Floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel Jacaranda D, General Manager at Jacaranda Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you very much gemmaann for the time you spent giving us your opinion about our hotel. We are very sorry to know you did not enjoy your stay with us as much as you wanted.

Our staff really appreciates your words, especially the ones referring to the dinning room about the quality and variety of our meals.

We are always trying to satisfy our customers requests, that is why we offer a lot of different activities every day. Despite this, we know there are people who need to rest, and that is why we have some spaces with and without pool for the ones looking for quiet and relax. We encourage you to find them in your next visit.

We shut the piano bar early to respect the rest of clients like you, looking for calm and a quiet place. We are looking forward for you to visit us again, especially if you tell us what can we do to make your stay more comfortable and relaxed.

Thanks again to comments like yours, we improve day by day, which helps us to offer you a better service.
tyne & wear
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Where do I start on this "4 star"

After a swift transfer from the airport and being dropped off 1st my expectations were high, sadly we were left very disappointed. Arriving at check in there was only 3 people checking in in front of us yet it took 45 mins to see someone for my family and I to be seen. The check in staff were very rude and seemed like it was a chore to speak to us, they did not provide any information when I asked what time breakfast and evening meal were served said I could find information in the lift or go to restaurant, when asked where the restaurant was they said to go to the lift and information was in there. I left it at that as this was obviously too much for them.

Arriving at our room 1st impressions were good we were located right next to the lift on the top floor being 6months pregnant and having our 5 year old with us was great. Room was clean but floor was filthy seriously dirty again thought no problem we have our flip flops, lets just unpack and explore. There was no iron or ironing board in the room so before our evening meal I thought I'd pop to reception to hire 1, again the rude ignorant staff left me standing there 20 mins before even an acknowledgment and once again I felt it was a problem for them to satisfy a simple request.

Evening meal was ok didn't think it was great but not awful either dining room was very busy almost like a staff canteen and once again staff very rude.

I want to stress we don't want staff to be pouring all over us but what we would like is decent service it costs nothing to be nice!!

On return to our room we got ready for bed..which I may add we're extremely hard, only to be bombarded with awful booming noise coming from the bar across the road by this time it was midnight and I don't mind noise and music but it didnt stop till early hours around 3am and was so loud my daughter woke twice (she is a sound sleeper) I got ready and went to reception to see if there was any chance the next day we could be moved to a less noisy part of the hotel. I was not angry I was not bad tempered I just wanted to get my holiday sorted so we could start relaxing. The person I spoke to was very very rude and my husband was very angry at the way I was spoken to, as the staff member told me... I asked for that room what did I expect and just to close the patio doors...1st of all I've never been to that hotel or tenerife so I would not no what room to ask for and 2nd the patio door was closed! He said if I wanted better room I would have to pay to be moved €140 which I agreed not happy not never the less I just wanted a good night sleep for my family.

We were moved 2days later to a pool facing room this was the same room just a better view and yes no noise from the bar only noise was from the people staying either side of us.

We decided to let our daughter go to the "kids club" but 1st I wanted to check it out as my child is very precious to me and don't just want anyone looking after her... My goodness what a disappointment that was staff did not do anything at all with kids no activities they were just left to play and the staff sat outside waiting for people to notice them absolutely appalling.

4th night in and was the 3rd time we saw a few cockroaches in the dining hall for me that was the last straw with this hotel

My parents were staying in a nearby hotel the Guayarmina Princess which was beautiful and when I told them everyday how much worse my holiday was getting they were very upset they tired to get us moved to their hotel but this would have cost €1400 and on top of what I paid for my holiday there was no way this was acceptable.

Day 5 I saw my rep told her it was unacceptable to call hotel 4 star as this was not what I paid for I asked to be moved and she got us sorted out and within 2 hours we were checking into the Iberostar Torviscas Playa. Unfortunately the checking out of the jacaranda was just as bad as checking in again rude and ignorant staff. I would understand their behaviour if I had been aggressive or nasty or just rude but I was not even thought could have and wanted to be!!

We then left and checked into the Iberostar Torvicas Playa. Let me tell you how much of a difference this hotel was staff welcomed us with drinks on arrival staff were fantastic throughout hotel from cleaning to dining was faultless the entertainment team was fabulous and the kids club was amazing really couldn't have asked for better. Food was different every night and was simply divine.

I was refunded €80 for room at jacaranda and cost us 160 for move 40 of which was paid by Thomas Cook.

I can honestly say this hotel is appalling and would not recommend to a single sole, I felt better knowing I wasn't the only 1 that had complained as a few Brits could not stand the service we received there, I think this hotel is aimed for international clientele

• Stayed May 2013
Hotel Jacaranda D, General Manager at Jacaranda Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you very much for the time you spent giving us your opinion about our hotel. We are really sorry because you did not enjoy your stay as much as you should have, although we really appreciate your honesty, because it will help us improving every aspect you mentioned for sure.

We apologize for the behavior of our staff if it was not as correct as it should have been. We truly believe that our main concern is your comfort.

Nowadays we are reforming and installing insulating systems on the rooms that face the street, to avoid the annoyance caused by the sound of the nightlife. Our cleaning service does its best to improve the comfort and cleanliness of your stay, and the kitchen team works every day to prepare delicious meals that make you enjoy more your vacations and every single moment you spend in the dinning-room.

We have talked to the entertaining team about your complaint; they feel very sorry for it, especially because they are always trying to think about new activities and games to put into practice with our guest’s children.

We feel really sorry for all these things, and once again we apologize to you and your family. We hope you forgive us and give us another chance to make it right in a future. Thanks to comments like yours, we improve day by day, which helps us to offer you a better service.
Cannock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have just returned from a week in the jacaranda hotel in costa adeje,Tenerife-as usial it was excellent. Before i left home this time i readsome terribly negative reports on the hotel. I understand that your site is meant to reflect a cross section of opinion but i found some of the comments outrageous. i have been going to the jacaranda since it was first built in 1997-there was only A bloque on our visit Since then we have been more than fifty times. This is now a very large hotel with clients from very many countries.It does not pretend to be 5* but it ranks with the very best 4*s. Almost all the rooms have been upgraded recently and are always very clean .To operate such a large organisation requires excellent management at all levels. To achieve over 90% occupancy throughout last year tells you all you need to know about the jacaranda. If seeing one cockroach causes you to write a full page of negative comments then stay away and leave the room for someone who would appreciate it.

Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

To sum the whole holiday up it was INCREDIBLE!! everything about this holiday was fantastic!! We have already booked our next holiday at the Jacaranda, first trip was 7days and we are now going for 2 weeks. The hotel is impeccable, clean, tidy with outstanding features such as the marble stair case. The rooms were breath taking, in our room we had a ridiculous amount of space, a lovely terrace with views of the whole hotel and pools and also a jacuzzi in our room which easily fit 4 people! The evening entertainment is not only fantastic for my siblings ages 11, 7, 5 but it was also a great laugh for the whole family. My partner is a very fussy eater and every night his plate was piled high with a massive variety of foods that were suitable for any type of eater. All in all the best hotel and holiday myself and the whole of my family has been on!

Room Tip: Pool views are wonderful, especially the waterfall view of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Arrived at the hotel late at night and first impressions were great, looked very clean and tidy compared to other hotels and staff were very friendly plus we got a late supper which was lovely after travelling all day.
Our room was very spacious and the beds were as expected - we had a pool view room which initially we thought was great.
Walls are very thin and could hear the couple next to us snore every single night which was a bit of a nightmare but 3 of the 7 nights we also had to deal with cars parked up in the car park behind our room playing VERY loud music and drinking beer from 1am until 5 or 6ish. i complained 3 times and nothing was ever really done about it and this is the first time iv ever complained in a hotel never mind 3 times!!!
The rooms were kept very clean so no complaints there and the food was fantastic at breakfast and tea time... although i did get food poisoning on the 2nd last night from something i ate i cant say 100% it come from the restaurant though (but apart from a salad from the water park i only ate from the hotel that day)
Plenty of sun loungers by the pools and all pools were always very clean and not too noisy or busy. Loads of things to do around the hotel too it really is in a great location could easily have stayed in the area 2 weeks had we had a better room/hotel.

So overall i wouldnt ever stay here again simply because of how noisy it was at night... if we had another room that didnt face onto the car park maybe it would have been a completely different holiday but going 3 days without any sleep basically ruined my holiday. I have tried to be as positive as possible though :)

Room Tip: Try getting a room that doesnt back onto the wee car park at the back of the hotel unless you are a...
Northern Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed here from 7th June until 14th June. As we didn’t check in until after 9pm they offered us a cold buffet which we didn’t go to so cannot comment on that. The cost of the safe for the week was16 euro reading another review the said they paid allot more so they must make the cost up as they go along. The fridge in our room was already turned on so we didn’t have to pay for that. The room itself was clean but it was pretty old fashioned with hard beds. We also had a leaking toilet and when asked to move they said no and they took 2 days to repair it. We also had a lot of small black insects running about so not good. We were on the 8th floor in block b so it took forever to get to the pool restaurant and reception as the hotel was really big. The food was average but it was all very rushed to eat there and felt more like a school canteen. We went to the pool on the 5th floor which was allot quieter and had no problem getting a bed. The pool bar though was a complete rip off 2 euro for any small drink and 3 euro for a small tub of Pringles. There is a spar down at the beach front which is very reasonable so best getting your water etc from there. Apart from the few quibbles about the hotel i had a good time especially at the mega bowl bowling alley the staff in there were great crack.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 5th floor seem to be good and id say its better to book a superior room with a pool...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Jacaranda Hotel? Share your experiences!