“Idyllic Holiday!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Jardines del Teide

You added Melia Jardines del Teide to your Saves list
Melia Jardines del Teide
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Avd. Agando, s/n | Urbanizacion Mirador del Duque, 38670 Costa Adeje, Tenerife, Spain   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
up to 25% discount
Ranked #20 of 42 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Idyllic Holiday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My friend and I stayed at Melia Jardines del Teide during the first week of June '14 and we would quite happily return for a second holiday!

It is worth staying at Melia Jardines for the views alone! The hotel is situated at the top of Costa Adeje and you would be guaranteed a great view down the coast from most places in the establishment. It really made the experience to have such beautiful views whilst eating dinner or sitting out on the lounge terrace. Be sure to take a stroll up the watch tower - we took some great panoramic shots up there. The style and decor of the hotel was appealing and the layout was quite quirky with all amenities spread over different levels. The pool area was lovely to relax in and was well kept. We spent most nights at one of the two bars; we enjoyed playing pool at the lower level bar and loved sitting out on the lounge terrace of the upper bar whilst listening to old classics sung by a live soloist. The bar staff were really friendly and were too happy to recommend clubs and bars that we should visit. We were very satisfied with the food. We pretty much had a little bit of everything that we fancied over the course of the whole week - fish, ribs, rabbit, steak, chinese food, paella, chips, omlettes, plenty of salad bits among many other things. We also took full advantage of the all-inclusive cocktails - I can recall just one that we were served that we thought tasted a bit rubbish. We had a very spacious room with a mini patio overlooking Costa Adeje - very pleased with that! Reception provided help with whatever we needed whether it was providing us with wi-fi access (free with a password) or booking a trip to Mount Teide. There were a couple of nice beaches nearby - Playa del Duque offers a lovely clifftop walk - and you can easily walk to them in 10 minutes from the hotel. If you are keen for a night out (or two!) as we were, the place to be is Playa de Las Americas. You can ask reception to book you a taxi there, which will set you back about 12 euros. Although Melia Jardines is also a family hotel, we felt that the place was not over-crowded with children and were able to enjoy the hotel as adults!

All in all the hotel exceeded our expectations and I would happily recommend Melia Jardines to anyone for any sort of holiday... couple, family or friends.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Polish first
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stayed for 2 weeks in June 2014. Had a fantastic holiday at this hotel and would recommend it to anyone. The food was of good quality and always fresh , the one thing i would say is to check cooked chicken and fish as some of the chefs tend to under cook it, I always asked them for "well done" . The staff are really friendly and helpful. Rooms were spotless and cleaned every day to a good standard. Entertainment for children was fantastic. The drinks were of good quality and you could have food all day long if you wanted as the eating area at the lower ground pool always seemed to have fruit and sandwiches no matter what time you went down also the fridge had wrapped icereams and ice lollies all day long, all good qaulity. Although the hotel is on a steep hill the hotel provides a bus throughout the day to take you down to the beach and back up again the last bus back is at 18.00pm. The views from the hotel are fantastic,you can see the mountains,sea and town from most of the hotel. Adeje market can also be seen from the hotel on a Thursday and Saturday and is well worth a visit it's only a short walk! You dont need to put your towels on the sun loungers every morning as there are plenty. This is an excellent hotel and I would definetly recommend it.

Room Tip: Have no problems with the lifts getting to the top floors. Room 802 over looks the swimming pool and...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Melia is a 4 star hotel, Spanish standards. We got a good deal with all inclusive at this hotel. The rooms are quite spacious but very common, nothing special. But all you need is there.
Some of the rooms have wonderful views but they also have some with horrible views. Ocean or ugly parking lot..
There is lots of stairs in a beautiful waterfall garden like and at the end of it all you find the big main Swimming Pool, very nice.
Everybody is on all Inclusive, which basically means that you can eat and drink all day long. So that was what we did... Inside the big restaurant the waiters worked very hard to maintain order, and they did good, despite the fact that more than half of the guests come from Russia. The food was based on Spanish and Russian guests, but off course you can find something if you come from Scandinavia like we do. But i have to say that the food all in all was average, not fantastic neither bad.... You can if you want upgrade your all inclusive experience if you pay 15 euro more per day per person, you will then get the good brands regarding wines, alcohol, fresh juice in the morning and so on.... But why?? Why not do this for free, serve good wines instead of the very poor red wine that was served, it could make the dinning experience much much better...
Allmost every night there was a lot of noise in the hall ways to our room, let us just say that the Russians were partying and they did not care about other people. Tried to tell them one night at about 00.30 but they ask me to p... off.
Would i stay here again ? No i will not, but that is only because off the all inclusive thing. We found out that we like the free Restaurant life much better, but thats us.
The hotel does a lot for children and it looked like the children was taken very good care of, and the children also liked the all inclusive thing, easy as it is. Hope this was informative :-)
Remember a four star in Spain/Canarias is not a four star in Dubai....

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with ocean view....
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

My boyfriend took me to this hotel in February for my 21st birthday and it was fantastic!! Really couldn't complain about anything. The food was good, the drinks were good in that they had branded drinks and all inclusive until 12am. The rooms were nice and were clean and the staff were very friendly. Only slight moan would be tables in the restaurant... Sometimes you had to wait for a table and the restaurant didn't seem to have enough tables for the amount of guests however this is an issue which could easily be resolved. Overall excellent hotel, staff and service!

Room Tip: We didn't have the best view we were on the side of the mountain however this didn't bother...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Heathfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

we stayed here for a week in March 2014 and had a fantastic week. The food was of a high standard at all times, amazing considering the number of clients at the hotel. All the drinks were of an acceptable high quality, and open until 1 am. we have travelled a lot, been all over the world but this is the best all inclusive hotels we have been to.
Quite a steep walk down to the beach, but worth it, also in a quiet area so not near the main part of Adeje, which we preferred.
Will definitely be back next year!

Room Tip: all the rooms are of a decent size and all seem to have good views either of the beach the pool or T...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Myself and partner arrived at the Melia in june this year. From start to finish we felt like royaltiy we were well and truely spoilt. The staff are amazing, so kind and helpful, upon check in we recieved a upgrade to a sea veiw room, once our bags had been taking up to the room we were met with a bottle or champaign on ice and a lovely greeting note.
The food was gorgious spoilt for choice, theres different dish's everyday, the meat was cooked perfectly the fish was yummy the drinks were also nice. Every evening there was differet entertainment from tribute acts, magicans, gymnastics and kids enetertainment I couldnt fault it at all.
The beach is 10 minute from the hotel you can get the free bus down there and walk back up either way the walk is lovely.
Everything about this hotel is amazing. I myself am a travel agent, ive been to numermious amounts of hotels and different destinations this hotel is by far the best hotel and holiday I have been on.
I'd trulely recommend it to anyone. Were looking to return next year with our family to show just how nice this hotel is!!!!!

enjoy your stay I cant wait to go back :) Roll on June 2015

Room Tip: All of the rooms are well located, even standard room youll have a lovely veiw weather its looking o...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Swindon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This was my third visit to the Melia Jardines Del Teide in two years. It was Tuesday 20th May 2014 and my husband and I were asleep in room 110, a lovely room overlooking the pool. it was around 03.10 when my husband woke up to find two men in our room, one with my handbag and the other trying to unplugged my iPad from the charger at the far end of the room. We have no idea how they gained access to the room. My husband jumped out from the bed and grabbed the man at the far end of the room, struggled to catch up and then had his arm closed in the patio door by the other man....I screamed as loud as I could and no one came...
.The Jardines del Teide is a large complex split over 8 levels, we were on level one. There are 300 rooms on the complex. THEY HAVE ONE SECURITY GUARD. What was also very worrying was that there was no phone numbers on the phone in your room, I tried 9, redial and 1 and nothing so scared and sobbing I ran up 98 steps to reception to get some help. The security man was there, inside with the doors closed, he was never going to hear me scream. He ran down the stairs to my husband who had chased these men off of the complex... I can't speak bad of the security man but one guard for a complex of this size is not enough.
Security believed they may have been targetted at that time as the rubbish collection is made between 02.30 and 03.30 and he is required to go back to reception on level five and let the rubbish collection in and wait for them to go...
This clearly leaves the hotel insecure when he has other jobs to do. The hotel has a swipe card entry and generally feels safe however we knew that these men...five men in total had scaled one of the walls and fences by the children's pool area. No CCTV and no guards at certain times with the rubbish collections is a risk.
So what has the Melia done, I can't complain about the help at the time, all our money, Visa cards and jewellery were taken. The police were called at our request but the hotel did pay the taxi fares for us to the police station and airport home.
The aftercare has been slightly more concerning, a month later we are still waiting to hear from their insurance company and I was concerned that a further review on here stated she had her watch stolen during their stay in May too.
I have enjoyed my stays at the Melia and always felt safe at this hotel, but now my view has changed. Hotels, especially large brands like the Melia should ensure our safety and one guard overnight on a complex this size is not enough.
What a very sad end to a lovely break......especially with the theft of a ring that has such sentimental value.....

Room Tip: Don't have a low room, shut your doors at night and use the safe.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Melia Jardines del Teide? Share your experiences!