“fabulous” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Jardines del Teide

You added Melia Jardines del Teide to your Saves list
Melia Jardines del Teide
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Avd. Agando, s/n | Urbanizacion Mirador del Duque, 38670 Costa Adeje, Tenerife, Spain   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #17 of 39 Hotels in Costa Adeje
“fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

My boyfriend took me to this hotel in February for my 21st birthday and it was fantastic!! Really couldn't complain about anything. The food was good, the drinks were good in that they had branded drinks and all inclusive until 12am. The rooms were nice and were clean and the staff were very friendly. Only slight moan would be tables in the restaurant... Sometimes you had to wait for a table and the restaurant didn't seem to have enough tables for the amount of guests however this is an issue which could easily be resolved. Overall excellent hotel, staff and service!

Room Tip: We didn't have the best view we were on the side of the mountain however this didn't bother...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Polish first
Heathfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

we stayed here for a week in March 2014 and had a fantastic week. The food was of a high standard at all times, amazing considering the number of clients at the hotel. All the drinks were of an acceptable high quality, and open until 1 am. we have travelled a lot, been all over the world but this is the best all inclusive hotels we have been to.
Quite a steep walk down to the beach, but worth it, also in a quiet area so not near the main part of Adeje, which we preferred.
Will definitely be back next year!

Room Tip: all the rooms are of a decent size and all seem to have good views either of the beach the pool or T...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Myself and partner arrived at the Melia in june this year. From start to finish we felt like royaltiy we were well and truely spoilt. The staff are amazing, so kind and helpful, upon check in we recieved a upgrade to a sea veiw room, once our bags had been taking up to the room we were met with a bottle or champaign on ice and a lovely greeting note.
The food was gorgious spoilt for choice, theres different dish's everyday, the meat was cooked perfectly the fish was yummy the drinks were also nice. Every evening there was differet entertainment from tribute acts, magicans, gymnastics and kids enetertainment I couldnt fault it at all.
The beach is 10 minute from the hotel you can get the free bus down there and walk back up either way the walk is lovely.
Everything about this hotel is amazing. I myself am a travel agent, ive been to numermious amounts of hotels and different destinations this hotel is by far the best hotel and holiday I have been on.
I'd trulely recommend it to anyone. Were looking to return next year with our family to show just how nice this hotel is!!!!!

enjoy your stay I cant wait to go back :) Roll on June 2015

Room Tip: All of the rooms are well located, even standard room youll have a lovely veiw weather its looking o...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Swindon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This was my third visit to the Melia Jardines Del Teide in two years. It was Tuesday 20th May 2014 and my husband and I were asleep in room 110, a lovely room overlooking the pool. it was around 03.10 when my husband woke up to find two men in our room, one with my handbag and the other trying to unplugged my iPad from the charger at the far end of the room. We have no idea how they gained access to the room. My husband jumped out from the bed and grabbed the man at the far end of the room, struggled to catch up and then had his arm closed in the patio door by the other man....I screamed as loud as I could and no one came...
.The Jardines del Teide is a large complex split over 8 levels, we were on level one. There are 300 rooms on the complex. THEY HAVE ONE SECURITY GUARD. What was also very worrying was that there was no phone numbers on the phone in your room, I tried 9, redial and 1 and nothing so scared and sobbing I ran up 98 steps to reception to get some help. The security man was there, inside with the doors closed, he was never going to hear me scream. He ran down the stairs to my husband who had chased these men off of the complex... I can't speak bad of the security man but one guard for a complex of this size is not enough.
Security believed they may have been targetted at that time as the rubbish collection is made between 02.30 and 03.30 and he is required to go back to reception on level five and let the rubbish collection in and wait for them to go...
This clearly leaves the hotel insecure when he has other jobs to do. The hotel has a swipe card entry and generally feels safe however we knew that these men...five men in total had scaled one of the walls and fences by the children's pool area. No CCTV and no guards at certain times with the rubbish collections is a risk.
So what has the Melia done, I can't complain about the help at the time, all our money, Visa cards and jewellery were taken. The police were called at our request but the hotel did pay the taxi fares for us to the police station and airport home.
The aftercare has been slightly more concerning, a month later we are still waiting to hear from their insurance company and I was concerned that a further review on here stated she had her watch stolen during their stay in May too.
I have enjoyed my stays at the Melia and always felt safe at this hotel, but now my view has changed. Hotels, especially large brands like the Melia should ensure our safety and one guard overnight on a complex this size is not enough.
What a very sad end to a lovely break......especially with the theft of a ring that has such sentimental value.....

Room Tip: Don't have a low room, shut your doors at night and use the safe.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Crieff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We will most definitely be back! Honestly couldn't fault anything about our stay. The facilities are excellent. The grounds are beautiful. The hard working staff seemed to never stop! The food was good. As always with all inclusive gets a bit repetitive but absolutely no issues with it. Our 4 year old had a ball. The pool for kids is perfect. The kids entertainment was incredible. And he was more than happy with the food. We loved walking down to the shopping centre at El Duque. Gorgeous shops (although prices meant window shopping) and a great bar and eating places. Siam Park and Loro Park were well worth the spend although get a twin ticket before you go because you'll save a lot. All in all an amazing holiday. Can't wait till we go back :)

Room Tip: Sea view best
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Costa Adeje
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Playfully constructed against hill, well maintained, clean, very friendly personnell and food was good, parts of the menu changed daily.
About 10 min walk to the beach. Shops + mall at 5 min walk distance.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Orihuela, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband and I went to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary and I can only say that the service was excellent, food was excellent, the staff all seemed happy in their work and nothing was a problem for them. We will definately be going back as soon as we can. A really memorable experience.

Room Tip: 4th floor room excellent, reception, restaurant and pool on 5th floor
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Melia Jardines del Teide? Share your experiences!