“Not the best experience” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Jardines del Teide

Save Saved
You added Melia Jardines del Teide to your Saves list
Melia Jardines del Teide
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Avd. Agando, s/n | Urbanizacion Mirador del Duque, 38670 Costa Adeje, Tenerife, Spain   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #19 of 38 hotels in Costa Adeje
Staffordshire
“Not the best experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I booked this holiday as a surprise 50th for my husband and at the pointing of booking this I also requsted in the special instructions box for something to be there when we arrived at the hotel. On arrival there was nothing there for my husband but the hotel staff were well aware of the surprise as one made a comment saying he had reached 'half a century'. After arriving in our room considering i had paid extra for a junior suite all that was extra was a 2 seater sofa. We had a nice view out side our hotel room but we never actually made it to the pool as you had to catch 3 lifts just to get down there ! We found that after a couple of days of dining in the restaurant we established that the best time to eat was on a lunch time. If you are not that keen on fish then I certainly wouldn't recommend this hotel as Everymeal time was based around fish and piella. One morning when we decided to go for breakfast, the breakfast contained of bean sprouts, chips and another item that look something along the lines of a small marrow, which I can only assume would have been the left over stock from the night before. Then when I asked a waitress in the restaurant if I could have a coffee she just looked and turned away,I then went up to her to ask for a coffee at which point she just looked at me rolled her eyes and puffed, by this time it had been 20 mins just waiting for a coffee so just decided to help myself. The staff in the reception of the hotel where very helpful and very friendly but I found that the staff in the dining area didn't wish to help and I felt more of a hinderence than a guest.
One afternooon me and my husband decided to have a relaxing afternoon in our room and thought we would watch some television. My husband turned the tv on to realise every chanel was in spanish, when I queried this with reception to have the tv in English they told me it would be at a charge, I have been in a lot of hotels in different countries and at not any point have I had to pay to have a tv put into English.
Overall my experience of this hotel isn't brilliant and I certainly wouldnt recommend for you to visit this hotel in a hurry it would be a total waste of your money.

Room Tip: I chose to go into a junior suite and paid extra for this and when I got there it was nothing specta...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
rbllach, Director General at Melia Jardines del Teide, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear friend of MJT,
We would really like to thank you for sharing your experiences with everyone and especially for your reviews, which always give us the opportunity to achieve continuous improvement.

1,199 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

If you are looking for a relaxing get away from it holiday in Tenerife then choose this hotel.

Set up a hill the views are amazing, it is an easy walk into the resort if you can tear yourself away.

We choose to upgrade to a junior suite which was spacious, clean and more than adequate. The balcony was huge with the normal table and chairs as well as two sunloungers.

You could easily get a sunbed round one of the pools at anytime of day.

The restaurant always had something nice to eat and I am a very fussy eater.

The staff are very friendly from reception to restaurant to bar.

We spent every night at the 5th floor bar as we couldn't tear ourselves away from the view. Try the strawberry daiquiri gorgeous.

Overall a quiet hotel not alot of British guests but that did not bother us at all.

• Stayed September 2012
Guernsey, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Hotel was fine , great view of the sea from the 7 th floor room was perfectly comfortable and clean. Breakfast and snack food was excellent but evening buffet needs more imagination, not sure would go all inclusive in a hotel that has one restaurant again. The meat in the buffet was often tough or fatty, we decided to eat out of the hotel 3 of our 7 nights. But on the plus side all restaurant staff as well as the rest of the hotel were brilliant , but over stretched , but not their fault.
The pool area was in need of a paint , so looked a bit shabby.
Snacks were bought around late morning and sandwiches / wrapps were available during the day in the top bar.

Seating in the bar was available but did not feel welcoming as very dark , not a great area to socialise and meet other people , there were seats outside which had great view, these filled up quickly so a bit of a lottery to get a seat.

Have stayed in Melia hotels that were better , this one had great views from its elevated possition ,it was a 15 minute walk downhill to the sea, but we knew this , so not a problem , but for older people may be

Still had a great holiday , sunny every day and just love Tenerife , will return to the island but not sure about this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayes in 2 junior suites on 7 th floor , lovely views of the pool and sea.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Lovely, friendly hotel, amazing views & the adult only sunbathing area excellent. I am a very fussy eater but found plenty to eat at all times. There are a lot of spanish people in the hotel so i thought that was a good sign that if the locals etc want to stay there then it must be good. We did have a blip to start with the room was at the back of the hotel overlooking the staff car park and the bins and also what looked like a dog kennels which was very noisy every morning when going onto the balcony, but we did eventually get used to the views etc and thought that it was probably pointless changing rooms as you spend so little time in it and the room itself was very large and clean.

the one thing i was very disappointed in was the maid waking us up every single morning of our holiday (8am every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) the noise was unbelievable i cannot believe mopping a balcony could be soooooooooooo noisy!! i actually felt jaded most mornings because of it. I was so tired on the 5th day that i thought i would have a siesta!! unfortunately, the maid had not been in to clean the room and this was 3.30ish in the afternoon so i decided to put the do not disturb sign on the door (to be fair the room didn't really need cleaning) i had just nodded off when there was the bang on the door and the maid came in even with the sign saying that i did not want her to!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was fuming to be honest and had to go back outside whilst she cleaned the room. If you have a DO NOT DISTURB SIGN surely you DO NOT DISTURB that actually made me feel quite vunerable what if i had been ill!! etc that was definitely a big NO NO for me.

saying that i would go back again and i would recommend this hotel to anyone, great hotel, great views etc, the staff were brilliant if not a little run off their feet but always polite and always very busy to the point that you actually felt sorry for them they didn't get a minute EVER!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Just returned from a 5 day stay here, and being a MAS card holder I have stayed in quite a few of thier hotels, this one is tired and the staff seemed streched to capacity, one restaurant in the eveing is totally inadequate, and I had read that there was an adults only pool, still looking for that! Adult entertainment - still looking for that aswell, If you want a family holiday then I would say ok, but for a group of adults aged 50+ it really did leave a bit to be desired. I think we all sumed it up to say it lacked atmosphere. Would I return here - sorry no

Room Tip: Book a junior suite
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Lovely hotel, placed a little away from everything, but with facilities to get around( free bus shuttle to the beach) Rooms are very big and cumfortable. Allhough double beds are two single put toghether, they are very wide. Good quality beds aswell as sheets and towels.
Very happy with the quality of the food at the main buffet. The pool food is not wonderfull, but it's Ok for a couple of times.
Staff very helpfull and polite, really nice to the guests.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a perfect holiday and doesn't mind driving to get around.

• Stayed August 2012
worcester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We have just returned from a 10 night break. I booked all separate and had a free transfer by the hotel, no problems there.

Arrived in time for dinner, waited to be seated but you just sit where you want. I quite liked that as its relaxed, men don't have to wear long trousers and when its so hot I think my hubby was glad of that, most people did dress smart casual for dinner tho.

Food was great lots of choice, my girls 10 and 7 loved the meat that was cooked to order or there would be a roast turkey or beef available. They didn't eat much veg on the hoilday but who does?? Plenty of fresh breads salads and sweets, homemade croissants and pancakes to order at breakfast. Fresh fish also everyday, I can't fault the food and we own a restaurant altjough it is sometimes nice to have a different eating location rather than the same one for 10 days, that would be my only criticism.

Room was lovely (junior suite) over looking the sea towels bedding changed everyday if you wanted! It is all on ahill but loved the feel very spanish, no big vast blocks of rows of rooms all different levels, stairs and lifts for every floor and a 15min walk to beach, but there is a free mini bus

Entertainment poolside was super for the girls, they had a foam party plus other activities on the water of the pool which the adults could have a go on after, afterall we were all dying too!!
The pool could do with some TLC needs the blue repainting and the lower pool which we used is very deep everywhere ok if your children can swim well so we were fine no less than 1.80m anywhere. The pool was very quiet which amazed me for the time of year.
No getting up early for sunbeds, always plentiful (middle of August) bliss, and very few english families which I liked, lots of spanish holiday here.

Poolside bar food great, salads, fish, burgers hotdogs kebab style chicken, or go up to the main retaurant for lats more choice of fresh food. Slush available for kids which was refreshing with a vodka for the grown ups :) plus unlimited ice lollies and walls ice cream and other drinks. But no waiter service around the pool

Evening entertainment was great for the children, magicians, acrobats, eagles, disney shows, come dancing this all kicked off about 10 after the mini disco which is a 930 start.

I have stayed in many high quality hotels with my family, is it the best I've vere stayed in ? No, Would I go back? definitely, its so relaxed and the staff great.

TIP: We had a late check out free as we joined the melia hotel club whilst there, you also get a free paper every day and 25% of a room upgrade when booking.

Overall, we came back happy what more do you want?

Room Tip: Join the melia club, its free and you get late room check out free and a paper
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Melia Jardines del Teide? Share your experiences!