“Tiny room,,,,,no soap.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Dog Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Terrace Bay
Red Dog Inn
You added Red Dog Inn to your Saves list
Highway 17, Terrace Bay, Ontario P0T 2W0 , Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Terrace Bay B&B and Inns
Kenora, Canada
“Tiny room,,,,,no soap.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately this was the last hotel with rooms available when we arrived. The room cost $89,,,,very small,,,,very small double bed,,,, no soap or shampoo in the room. Too much money for what you get. Will be my last choice in Terrace Bay,,,, if I stop here again.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Montreal, Quebec
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I've stayed at this inn several times for work related travel in the area. I've never been here "in season" so the place is usually not too full. They have always been quick to check me in and the rooms were always clean and adequate. The mini-fridges are nice for storing some small snack food and the cable offering is good. Still tube TVs and I suppose it will stay that way until they reach the end of their useful life. Heat was good, although a little loud (fans). Hot water is good and solid. Internet is fine. Restaurant is OK, good salad bar. Needs more people coming through it to keep the kitchen "hot". Minimal staff.

Room Tip: They have drive ups which are convenient if you have a lot of stuff. Second floor (newer) places a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Stratford, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

What can I say?...when you've been on the road for 6 hours and you're so tired you need toothpicks to keep your eyelids open you tend to jump at the first sign that says "vacancy"...and so it was with the Red Dog Inn. On my 7 week road trip across Canada & the U.S. this was the first lodging out of 35 I stayed at. The room was basic, clean, comfortable, and that bed looked sooo good! The onsite restaurant had surprisingly good food for a road weary traveller like myself so I dove into the prime rib, smashed potatoes, steamed veggies, and of course a couple of glasses of red wine to wash it all down. I probably had desert too but I can't remember I was so tired from driving. Went back to my room and slept like a baby!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

After a long drive my boyfriend and I were. Forced to stay here after all hotels in marathon were booked and this was the last room in terrace bay, first off a $100 a night for a smoking motel room? Way to over priced. The motel is in need of a major update, very old fashioned. Bathroom could have been cleaner there was hair in the corners. On a plus side the room came with a bar fridge. At about 6 am, we were awoken to someone trying to get into our room with a key, they managed to open the outside door but luckily we had the door stopper thing switched over. She then stood there for a minute staring into the room through the crack then closed te door. About 2 hours there was another person trying toget into the room through the hallway door. The doors only have the latch lock, no dead bolt or handle lock. Pretty rediculous. For $100 and an uneasy sleep I would never reccommend this motel. I would have rather slept in the truck.

• Stayed October 2012
Platteville, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We were taking a motorcycle trip around Lake Superior, and the weather was starting to look like rain. It was also late afternoon, so we thought we had better stop and get a room for the night. We should have known something was up when the permanent sign out front has "Newly Renovated" on it. I asked to see a room, and she gave me the key for #120. It looked "ok", so I went back to the desk and said that we would take it. I asked if it was one of the renovated rooms and she said yes, I then asked when it had been renovated. She paused and then said, "Oh, a couple of years ago." Yeah.....right. After getting our gear into the room, I tried checking email on their free WiFi. I had no signal, so went down to the front desk to let her know. She said that it should be working, and when I tried it at the front desk it did work. I went back to the room....no WiFi. Needing to get something to eat, we walked next door and on our way by the office stopped in to tell her that the WiFi still did not work. She said she would take a look at it. After dinner, went back to the room...still no WiFi. I would not stay here again. For the price we paid the service was terrible and the room old.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The Red Dog Inn has been completely renovated recently, and although still your typical motor inn decor, is very clean and comfortable. The carpets were nice enough to sit on while we waited for the kids to fall asleep (there are chairs as well, but it said a lot to me that we were comfortable and clean on the floor!).

Just next to the hotel is the Terrace Bay outoor shopping mall, with all the amenities needed to stock up on the road. And the adjacent lighthouse is not to be missed if you need to burn off some energy climbing stairs. Our three year old thought it was a princess castle and hasn't stopped asking to go back...and we will! The Red Dog Inn is a family tradition.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I again don't understand the negative reviews. There are not many locations along this route and we found this hotel to be clean with a comfortable bed. This was reasonable in price and we have no complaints! (Don't miss Aguasabon Falls or Terrace Bay beach. These are hidden gems and we were the only ones in the park.) This is the reason we wanted to stay here.
The Red Dog Inn is not a fancy hotel but if you just want a clean place to sleep you can't go wrong here. We would recommend. We could hear the people in the next room but, hey, like I said, no complaints.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Dog Inn? Share your experiences!