“Bed bugs.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Gems Club Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chanthaburi
Gems Club Hotel
You added Gems Club Hotel to your Saves list
Tumbol Watmai Amphoe Mueang, Chanthaburi 22000, Thailand   |
Ranked #8 of 21 Chanthaburi B&B and Inns
Bangkok, Thailand
“Bed bugs.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

What more can I say, after staying here I went to the hospital to see a doctor about terrible rashes all over my body and he told me the unthinkable I had been bitten all over by BED BUGS, not only is this horrable it cost a fortune replacing and treating my clothes.
My colleague also had bites in another room, fortunately not as bad as mine.

Room Tip: None of them they are all dirty.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Thai first
Macau, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

If your purpose is semi-precious stone trading or shopping, this is a perfect place for you.

Located in the heart of Gems Street, market, and trading zone.
Taking into account the average standard of Chanthaburi Hotels and comparing with other hotels around the Gems Street, this is a good hotel.
It is neat, clean & tidy, pleasant atmosphere, lovely top-floor with fantastic panoramic view of Chanthaburi, this is where coffee and cookies are served for breakfast.

However, if you are a person who is demanding in service this might not be the best place for you since:
Only a few is in hospitality/service background who is willing to serve
Only a few speak good English
Those are the areas of improvement they can invest in.
Other than that, it is a good place and helpful General Manager (the gentlemen or owner) and good intern "Boa".

On my next visit to Chanthaburi, I'll be back in this place.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
ฺBangkok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

Staff friendly.
Good price.
Quiet
Good view.
้Have coffee and fried dough stick

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Versailees
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

Located right of the middle of Chantaburi weekend gem market, this quite new hotel (before it was a bank...), has very clean rooms, hope it will stay so... Moreover is is located in front of the well known gemsbrokers.org offices, a lot of gemstones are traded there which means animation on the doorfront from Friday to Sunday. During the rest of the week area is calm.Try the backside rooms, they are more quite...

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
thailand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

This is one of the nicest hotels in the gem district in town. That might sound sad considering my title. There are not so many choices here in Chanthaburi but if you want to come here to buy gemstones or are passing through on your way to Koh Chang or Sihanoukville it's OK. The rooms here are really nice- we stayed in the largest one available for 690 baht per night which is about 21usd. Problem is, on check-in we were told there is no discount but that was simply not true. Later we found out if you stay a week you get the same room for 650 baht, or if you stay ten days in a row you get it for 600 baht. The first time I asked that a light be replaced (burned out bulb) I was told "mai mee" or we don't have. LOL. So odd. Later I realized that one of the front desk girls speaks better English and told her to replace the light bulb and it was done. The maid bangs on the door loudly and incessantly until you open it- everything is done at her convenience, not yours. I found this very disturbing. She even demanded my fiancee give her the towel that she had wrapped around her freshly-showered body! The woman is nuts. When we complained about her she shorted us on the daily bottled water, and now glares rudely at us when we enter or leave the hotel. Overall, the place is highly unprofessional. But compared to some of the other choices it's not horrible. The river guest house is only about $10usd per night and the service is good, but the rooms are very, very small. The beds here at the Gems Club are very hard- even for me, and I prefer a firm mattress. Probably the KP Grand is a fair choice but not as cheap as Gems Club and a lot older facility. Gems Club is very new. Also, there are no stores nearby except for small places with very few basic drinks and snacks- and these mom and pop places close at 7pm. As far as the location though- if you are here to buy stones it is the best in town and on par with the river guest house. If the level of English-speaking staff is relevant to you, choose the KP Grand. Both the river and gems club staff have only the most basic English skills. The Maneechan resort may be a better bet, as might the Travel Lodge, but they are further out of town and not close to the gem market. Someone suggested the walk to a 7-11is 2 kilometers and that might be true-but it is a straight shot across the bridge so not a tricky walk to take. I would guess closer to 1km.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Versailees
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

Very good location, busy on weekends as there is the Chanthaburi gem market all around on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. This hotel is quite cheap for its class. One good point, it is a new built hotel.
It is not the cheaper one but a very good price/service/location.
More info and price lists for Chanthaburi hotels at:
[--]

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Koh Chang
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

I stayed with my husband and our small baby (9months old) we brought our own baby bed and there was plenty of space in a superior (or whatever the more expensive room is called) at around THB 700.

I would definitely stay again when we're in Chanthaburi on business as the rooms are clean and large.

Now that we have stayed there we know to get food before we arrive at the hotel as there is NOTHING around it and late at night after a day of shopping we were very unhappy to have to walk 2kms to a 7-11 to find the only place we could get something to eat as our car was impossible to drive as we had to park it so strangely in the hotel car park.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to Gems Club Hotel? Share your experiences!