“Nice homemade food with a lovely atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 19 restaurants in Mexborough
Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: http://web.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/30/30548/Manvers_Arms/Adwick_Upon_Dearne
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
“Nice homemade food with a lovely atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Visited on Wednesday with family, lovely food (homemade chips, yummy), reasonably priced and dog friendly.

93% Recommend
doncaster
“Food and staff fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We visited The Manvers Arms on 10/1/2014 at lunch time it was a warm and friendly reception ,
It was our first visit ,and we were not disappointed.we were a group of four and all had a different meal.usually when we eat out at least one of use has something negative to say about the meal,not on this occasion ,the meals were perfect. I tried the steak and ale pie ,my wife had the roast dinner,my sister had liver and onions on a bed of mash potatoes.staff were helpful and friendly. Must return to try the bread and butter pudding.we live in doncaster and found it well worth the short journey.

Doncaster
“Wonderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I love eating at the Manvers Arms as the food is always amazing and if by any small chance you are not delighted they try and rectify it for you. Nothing is too much trouble. My husband had steak and ale pie which looked lovely but far too much for me to eat although I know he would finish anything I left !!

I think the only small thing that bothered us was the fact we had to walk through all the smokers standing outside the door into the pub

liz h, Manager at Manvers Arms, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for your great review I am so pleased you enjoyed your meal and the service, as for the smoking as you came in we do have a designated smoking area not sure why people are smoking in the entrance but thank you for bringing it to my attention I will monitor the situation.
Hope to see you again soon.
regards
Liz Hudson
“Fantastic food and great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Lovely family meal to celebrate new years day. All 7 of us really enjoyed ourselves. We will definitely be eating there more often. Well done the Manvers Arms.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Lovely pub, great service and food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We've visited the Manvers Arms a couple of times recently due to hearing good things from friends. We certainly weren't disappointed! The food was of excellent quality, being homemade and presented superbly. The steak and ale pie (with home cooked chips) was especially good. The desserts were excellent also, and reasonable at the cost of £3.95 each. The place itself is a lovely old building with a cosy open fireplace in one of the dining areas. On each occasion we took our two young children and they too were very well catered for and looked after very well. Indeed, we found the service to be equally as good as the food and the ambiance. We will return regularly. Well done to the Manvers Arms!

• Visited December 2013