“best hotel in Jamshedpur” 5 of 5 stars

The Alcor Hotel
Holding No. 4 | Ramdas Bhatta, Bistupur, Jamshedpur 8310010, India   |
Ranked #4 of 25 hotels in Jamshedpur
Bedford UK
“best hotel in Jamshedpur”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

this was my first vist to Jemshedpur and my freind serched for a local hotel and knowing my wife was with me wanted to pick a good hotel. He picked the Alcor a newly opened hotel.This rated three star do not belive it its five star in all it provided first class bedroom staff and food.
You could not wish for better anywhere inthe world.
On our last night we eat our eveining meal at the hotel as the food had been excllent at breakfast and lunch and we had eaten at firends house all week.
The cheif provided advice on the food and the selection was excallent and the best indian, chineses fusion food I have ever tasted.

I hope to vist again in 2014 and will make sure I book early as I am sure this hotle will be much sort after .

Room Tip: no tips needed
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MarketingJamshedpur, Front Office Manager at The Alcor Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

At the outset kindly accept our sincere apologies for delay in responding to your review on TripAdvisor forum.I joined Alcor as Front Office Manager from 15th July'13 and it would be my constant endeavour to reply to all guest feedback positively.

I an pleased to learn that you liked our Food and Beverage offering, in particular the breakfast buffet spread & Lunch and the bedroom Staff(Housekeeping) exceeded your expectations.

I am very pleased to read that our team was able to make your visit most comfortable. I am also happy to learn that you, like many of our other guests, hold our company in high esteem. It is indeed an honour to have you stay with us.

Please do let me know in case any of your friends do plan to visit Jamshedpur it will be a pleasure for me to assist them with the reservations and we all look forward to welcoming you once again to our hotel in the near future.

With Warm Regards

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Kolkata
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed at Alcor hotel with a Russian delegation in April 2012. It was a clean, new property with nice comfortable rooms and a variety of food. The entire group was appreciative of the hotel. Location is a bit out-of-the-way.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It is always a pleasure to receive positive and constructive feedback from our guests. I am pleased to know that you liked our facilities including the food and beverage offering.

The team at Alcor Jamshedpur is looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

With Regards
Bangalore, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

let me start with the good parts - The food is just about okay, breakfast is served on time but coming to the service - its HORRIBLE. They are in a constant endeavour to mess things up and try and extract that little extra from our pockets when it comes to food or snack orders, literally everything in here comes for Extra! I heard a lot of good things about the other older hotels of Jamshedpur but chose this one because its a newer property - well, wont go in for that parameter from now on!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your valuable comments on Trip Advisor. Also, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced in our hotel during your stay.

At Alcor Hotel, we strive to ensure Guest Delight but unfortunately during your last stay with us as per review posted, we did not meet your expectations in providing our best services to you. We have taken remedial action to ensure that such inconveniences shall never reoccur.

I have taken note of your feedback on the service aspect. The guiding principle of Guest Satisfaction is deeply imbibed in all our Managers & Staff. We deeply regret if any action by one of our Managers or Staff has given a wrong impression about their being unprofessional & we have already initiated the process of rectification. We will emphasis this once again during our in house training session with the entire team.

It is requested that you may again give us an opportunity to be of service to you & also experience the sea of change that we have undergone since. We value our guest relationship in very high esteem and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our guests deserve the very best.

Sincerely
Indian
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This time I had gone to Jamshedpur with a member of the Senior Management of our company and we were put up at this new hotel which had come up very close to our office. Being new has its advantages and it is hoped that the maintenance will continue to be up to the mark.
Room size was adequate and food was good.
Only gripe would be that prices are on the higher side.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I an pleased to learn that you liked our Food offering & sizes of Rooms exceeded your expectations.

Please do let me know in case any of your friends or yourself do plan to visit Jamshedpur, it will be a pleasure for me to assist them with the reservations and we all look forward to welcoming you once again to our hotel in the near future.

Warm regards,
Pune, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The Alcor Hotel is brand new... clean, refreshing. The General Manager was very helpful in every way and is training the staff well. First hotel of its kind in Jamshedpur. The only thing missing is a swimming pool otherwise its 5 star standard.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

At the outset kindly accept our sincere apologies for delay in responding to your review on TripAdvisor forum.I joined Alcor as Front Office Manager from 15th July'13 and it has been my constant endeavour to reply to all guest feedbacks positively.

I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel.We are in the process of adding Salon & Spa in the near future and work is in progress.

I am also happy to learn that you, like many of our other guests, hold our Hotel in high esteem. It is indeed an honour to have you stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again. Please do write to me directly should you need any assistance on fom@alcorhotels.com.

Regards,
Dhrutiman
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

There are not many great hotels in Jamshedpur. so this new property is a welcome addition to the city. Very nice and spacious rooms with clean linen. The food in the restaurants is great. They do not have a swimming pool yet but they claim it is being built. The staff are courteous but need some more training. It is understandable since the hotel is in operation only for a few months. Overall it was a nice experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
alcorhotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Alcor Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for giving valuable times for giving comment in TripAdvisor.We are trying to improve our self to more better . Very shortly we are going to be open Spa & Saloon in our hotel .

Thanks,
GRE DESK

Been to The Alcor Hotel? Share your experiences!