“Reunion at Jamshedpur” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Jamshedpur
Lucknow, India
“Reunion at Jamshedpur”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We had Reunion of TELCO MSD and fifteen of us stayed at the Sonnet. The Sonnet is very well located and we enjoyed the hospitality. The quality of food and room service was very good. the group was very happy to see a hotel like Sonnet in Jamshedpur.

Room Tip: Higher floors are recommended.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

SwatiChakravorty, General Manager at The Sonnet Jamshedpur, responded to this review, January 22, 2014

Namashkar,

Thank you for your kind words.

As an organization The Sonnet aims to delight and dazzle our guests and send them back with wonderful memories.

My team and I are delighted to note that you were looked after well during your stay and pleased to read such encouraging comments for the hotel and the team who are equally happy with your feedback and join me in thanking you.

We look forward to the pleasure of hosting you again.

Swati Chakravorty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Jamshedpur, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Staffs are Very cooperative and friendly. Excellent food in both the restaurants. very comfortable and enjoyable stay. Best part of this hotel they accommodate your request on availability to make you happy.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Namashkar!

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Sonnet, Jamshedpur. Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Jamshedpur.

At The Sonnet, it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valuable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations. We have already started our renovation, so next time whenever you our here -you would experience a very different and stylish property.

I look forward to meet you during your next visit at The Sonnet, Jamshedpur and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

Best Wishes
Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed at sonnet for close to a month now and I feel it is best hotel in jamshedpur.. Both the restaurants Cinnamon and Equinox serve good food. The service is good and the staff is very co-operative. Internet was earlier bit an issue but with Internet package and WIFI routers installed in the room, it was resolved.
Sonnet is centrally located and also the rooms are good. Though rooms are not in line with big luxury hotels in big cities but are very comfortable. Staff is very much supportive and caring..Need to have more entertainment options like Swimming pool or Table tennis room...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
SwatiChakravorty, General Manager at The Sonnet Jamshedpur, responded to this review, January 7, 2014

Namashkar!

It was a pleasure to have you with us at The Sonnet, Jamshedpur. Thank you for taking the time to write this review on Trip Advisor.

My team joins me in thanking you for your very generous words of appreciation for the hotel and its services. Such positive feedback goes a long way in motivating them to achieve higher standards of service excellence.

Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Sonnet.

Best Wishes,

New delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

This is probably the best hotel among the few good ones operating in Jamshedpur.

The biggest assets is the efficient, helping staff, always ready to accommodate your special requests.

The two restaurants serve good food, although the bar is smallish & therefore is felt crowded.

Location wise it is right in the centre, but slightly away from hustle bustle.

The rooms facing road offer the best view (compared to other ones), but may be found noisy by some due to traffic, which starts quite early.

All rooms are fitted with individual geysers. However, those who like to have piping hot water for shower (especially during winters) would be disappointed.

Overall - although little pricey, it is the best bet inJamshedpur.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Best Wishes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

The Sonnet hotel in Jamshedpur is an apartment converted into a hotel. Very unassuming in its looks from outside. But that is where all comparisons stop. I would rate the hospitality of the staff members eqivalent to all the big brands in India. It is this superlative hospitality and personalised service that makes this hotel stand out.

Since I was booked by my company I had no issues in the check in procedure. I was surprisingly upgraded to a suite. Large living room and an even larger bedroom. Very well done up. The point to note was the cleanliness. The only let down was the split AC. But the guys at the reception told me that they are renovating and are installing a centralised AC system.

The internet in the room had good speed though I had to pay for it. I was told that a free package was available which was good enough for business purpose, like checking mails etc. but not for skype and you tube etc. Fair enough. Most big branded hotels abroad have the same policy. Must mention about Ghanshyam and Vishaka, who were friendly but professional enough to answer all my questions and a few complaints. Complaint being the split AC.

Food at The Sonnet was outstanding. Having to entertain my clients for lunch, called them over to the coffee shop. Great buffet with a make shift live trolley. Here also came to know that the whole hotel in undergoing a major renovation, though in phases. The food was very very good and so was the service. Everyone should try their galawat kebab and kakori kebaba with paratha. Superlative.

In the evening the dinner at Equinox was equally outstanding. The point to mention was that next day when I was checking out early in the morning and breakfast was not yet laid, they offered to pack some stuff which I could eat on the train. No extra charge either. Unbelievable.

My experience barring a few hiccups on the infrastructure part, was totally overshadowed by the exemplary hospitality shown by the staff. I have been impressed. After the renovation, which I am given to believe shall transform the infrastructure, this hotel shall be the very best. I would highly recommend this hotel for all business travelers.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SwatiChakravorty, General Manager at The Sonnet Jamshedpur, responded to this review, December 11, 2013

Namashkar!

My team joins me in thanking you for your very generous words of appreciation for the hotel and its services especially the services rendered by our Lobby Manager, Mr. Ghanshyam and Ms. Vishaka. Such positive feedback goes a long way in motivating them to achieve higher standards of service excellence.

Best Wishes,

New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed at Sonnet for my business related work and found a few things not very guest friendly

- despite agreeing to provide the internet free of charge in the room at the time of check-in for my entire stay, it worked only for 3 hours on the date of check-in and not later. Corporate guests are provided such facilities without extra charge in all hotels which is not the case at Sonnet

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Namashkar!

We are concerned to know that your experience with the Wify service was not upto your expectations.

We are addressing your valuable insights and apologise for the inconvenience caused. We request you to consider this as an aberration to the quality service that we endeavour to offer at all times, and do hope to see you again.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at The Sonnet, Jamshedpur.

Hyderabad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have been living in India for the past 18 months and work all over the counrty on our Industrial Contracts, so stay at many hotels for long periods of time.... The Sonnet at Jamshedpur is by far the best hotel that I stay in and i stay in a lot.

The rooms are well equiped, there is a great choice of food and the facilites are fantastic. but what makes the Sonett stand out from the crowd is the staff...

From the moment you walk through the front door, they make you welcome and ensure that your stay is comfortable, they are attentive and accomodating, they never fail to meet a requirement and comply with every request, I could name some of them here, but that would be unfair, as they are a team, Customer Service is a culture at the Sonnet... its like a home from home for me when i am in Jamshedpur, thanks to the staff,!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SwatiChakravorty, General Manager at The Sonnet Jamshedpur, responded to this review, November 22, 2013

Namashkar,

Thank you for your kind words.

We look forward to the pleasure of hosting you again.

Swati Chakravorty

Been to The Sonnet Jamshedpur? Share your experiences!