“Pathetic” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Ranchi
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Pathetic”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Spacious rooms, with balcony. Good food.

Pathetic Service. Staffs were rude and were serving you as if you are staying here for free. I had asked for internet card (you have to buy a card @110/Hr (way to costly!!! if you would like to use hotel wi-fi), but they did not provide even after asking multiple times. You cannot rely on their internet. Pathetic house keeping service. They did not even care to clear the plates from room once we had our lunch/dinner. Did not make water available in the room at the first time itself.

Room Tip: Corner rooms ... ask for a clean room!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Talcher
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Visited Ranchi with family this Oct (12th to 15th).Wanted to stay in a good property.happy to inform that booking through web was quite smooth.unfortunately that was the only satisfying experience during my stay.There was no airport transfer facility.The room was quite big but untidy.Had to inform to change the linen as soon as I checked in and I must say it was done immediately.The staff were quite friendly and cheerful especially the female staff(this is what my wife said).The bathroom was quite unhygienic.The bat tub was clogged.There was no roof shower, which we Indians require.Unless you ask for they were not giving Toiletries and the bath towels were quite stained.I recommend not to use their bath towels.Buffet breakfast was bad(not many choices) and the restaurant (coffee house) was pretty small.The meals were however better and not very expensive.All in all 0 star facilty I must say.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with clean and hygienic toilet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kanpur, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I stayed in a deluxe room worth Rs. 5000 per night. In a small town (Tier II) like Ranchi this is an expensive rate. The hotel is apparently four star rated. The room (203) that we checked in is in a shabby state of maintenance. The bathtub is worn out in places making it full of very dirty holes, the bathroom wall is falling apart in multiple places, the wordrobe handle comes off and you will have to design innovative ways to open the wardrobe and the list goes on.

The bathroom is supposed to have running hot and cold water. however, we did not get any hot water.

Overall, the rooms are spacious but otherwise this hotel is not worth the money. Ofcourse, I must mention that it is the only hotel in Ranchi that I have visited and hence I cannot offer a comparative opinion.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

First problem arose when we were trying to check in. Front desk staff insisted they required a passport photo from my friend and I as per government regulations. I have travelled throughtout India on 6-7 seperate trips, and NEVER have I been asked to provide a passport photo at check in! As we did not have photos on hand, we said so, and the hotel staff then insisted that they had to take our photos with their digital camera. As we had just spent a week sleeping on a floor in Bodh Gaya, and a day by car getting to Ranchi, let's just say the photos they took were pretty funny...

After settling into our room, which was right beside the main front desk, I went to take a shower, which I very badly needed. One of the reasons we decided on this hotel was their claim of 24/7 hot water. 30 seconds into my shower the hot water stopped and there was only cold water. When I went to the front desk to complain, they offered to move us to another room, but as we had already unpacked all of our stuff so we declined. They brought in a guy to fix our hot water supply, but he was useless...

The restaurant was very cool...dark and lounge-like, with excellent service and very good food. As well, the beer was cold!

WIFI was available in the lobby only, and at 110+ Rs per hour, outrageously priced! Go into town and find a place there for 15 Rs per hour no problem...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Noida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

The hotel has lost some sheen off late owing to better hotels that have come up. However the good thing about the hotel is the staff behaviour coupled with decent maintenance.

Moreover, the hotel will add value if you are a budget traveller. Restaurant cant be termed as "best" but definitely a decent one.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Chandigarh, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

Had to stay at Ranchi on visit to Jamshepur and stayed their for one night. The touching thing I found was the attitude of the people . I had to leave early in the morning for Jamshedpur , the people at the Coffee Shop packed sandwitches for my journey to Jamshedpur at 4:30 in the morning , Since I had a Company Driver with me, they also packed one sandwitch for him. Room was OK , The Dinner was also nice ( they messed up for the first time, realized it and then made another prepration without billing for it..)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Had gone back to Ranchi to meet friends and decided to stay at Hotel Yuvraj palace. Had known about the hotel previously but had never tried it. So this time, i decided to try it. Earlier, Yuvraj Palace used to be the better known hotels of Ranchi until better hotels came in Ranchi. But i was amazed by the maintenance and quality of service being offered for a town like Ranchi. It would match the better well off metros. The location of the hotel is another positive point and most of the business district and leisure places are not very far off from the places. It still is definately one of the better hotels of Ranchi.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Yuvraj Palace? Share your experiences!