“Friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lille
“Friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Caballero is a nicely renovated hotel. Colour of furniture and decoration are light and relaxing. Close to beach and busstop. Food is good and has enough variety. The best thing is the staff: professional and kind!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My first impression about this hotel was quite nice, but after few days I changed my mind. Firts of all the staff wasn't polite to me anymore, I had problems with wifi (that sucked all the time I spent here) in reception they just raised their hand about it. It was difficult to cooperate with staff, even when I asked them to call taxi, they put long faces to me. Rooms were okay but again staff were rude. I was just leaving my room when cleaning lady knocked on the door and immediately opened it. I said I will this room in 5 minutes and she just slammed the door infront of my nose. I didn't feel cosy here, but that got me to spend a lot of time outside hotel and exploring this island.

• Stayed May 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one week in this hotel and we have to say that we could have chosen better. The reservation we made said it included free wifi and breakfast but when we got there the wifi was 20€/week (and it didnt even work because every 5min we got kicked out from the net and we had to login again) and the breakfast 70€ per person/week. The staff spoke English very little and they didnt believe what we tried to say. The rooms were okay but the walls were like paper! We could here every word that our neighbours said and even when they opened the curtains. The pool area was way too tiny comparing to the size of hotel - if you woke up after 9.00 o'clock you cant get a place anymore. But luckily the beach was nearby so you can always go there. Alltogether quite average place with some problems.

• Stayed May 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

SAD DECORATION: I have never seen a decoration which is prepared with so many details and thougts, probably even with knowledge, and even though the result is a sad grey, depressive atmosphere. If you have a bad day and you enter in this hotel, you can start to cry. If you have a good day, you will forget it after sitting half an hour in the bar or lobby, on the grey couches, with grey pillows, grey walls, behind grey courtains.
SERVICE: I had my reservation with booking.com where they listed all services, and only the internet is mentioned as a service with extra charge. In the hotel they explained, the sauna is also with extra charges, just like internet. Costs of the sauna is 30% of my room, so quite a high price and a big dissapointment. The boss of the reception told me, he can´t do nothing about it, and basically he just ignored my thoughts, leaving quite clear that as a guest I have no rights, because the rules are rules, and there are no exceptions! I guess any other wish would have end up with the same result: don´t go to the reception with any wish, you won´t be treated nice.
FOOD AND HYGIENE: the breakfast bar has a good a nice offer, the service there is also better, of course with grey tablecloth.
I have found all facilities clean, mostly all new. The room, including the bathroom was totally new, and akso very clean, though during the 4 days I stayed the cleaning lady made only my bed and did not clean up anything. Well, in 4 day you can keep clean your room yourself, I guess.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Caballero Hotel? Share your experiences!