Our winter week was booked through Jet2 Holidays and included flights, transfers and accommodation at a very reasonable price. Outbound and return flights were on time and very comfortable. The transfers were very good and very efficient. The accommodation consisted of a Lounge with kitchen area, one bedroom, and a bathroom with shower. The apartment was very clean with decor much better than some I have stayed in, and the kitchen was basic however quite well kitted out with utensils etc. The bathroom was clean however a bit worn. I should point out that the towels were of better quality than we have experienced in more expensive accommodation. The hot water was in constant supply. The bedroom was adequate although the bed was quite hard. All lights worked well and we also had a small porch area to sit out on as we were in a downstairs apartment. The gardens and pool were well looked after and kept clean. The sunbeds have seen much better days and I was surprised to find that a cushion for the beds was chargeable at 1 Euro per bed per day. I have never been charged in a hotel for a sunbed! Other charges were a room safe, and the remote control for a rather old TV. The only English channel I found was Sky News, so a waste of money there. The staff were mostly very friendly. Reception was closed on our arrival and did not open till five PM. There is a pool bar/restaurant, and they have a basic reasonably priced menu including breakfast. Drinks were a bit more expensive than on the main seafront bars although it is a 10/20 min walk to shops and restaurants. The complex is situated close to the airport, and aircraft noise may be a problem for some people although there are no night flights and the first out was a propeller plane at about 7:30 AM. The noise did not disturb us however it may some. Noise takes me to soundproofing.... Spanish accommodation is not renowned for good soundproofing, and these apartments must be among the worst. Footsteps above, chairs dragged, and water/ toilet flushing are very clear. Thank goodness no honeymooners were above or next door..! It seems many of the apartments are privately owned and this seems to create a sense of aloofness in some of those owners. I have stayed in many such places and generally holiday people will say good morning / nice day etc. The Pocillios Apartments have mare than teir fare share of people with a weird attitude of superiority. Quite off-putting I think. The location as stated is close to the airport and on the very edge of Porto del Carmen. A bus into town is again a 15 min walk away. The service is very good, and the drivers are very friendly, some with a better command of English than residents of the UK. We ate out mostly, and food is very reasonable in all types of restaurants, with wine at a good quality and also reasonably prices. We were in Majorca earlier and a meal out was not far from twice the price of Lanzarote. Our meals in Majorca were in the region of 45-60 Euro whereas similar menu in Lanzarote was 30-40 Euro. Excursions to Playa Blanca and an all day South Island trip were very good value and very interesting. well worth taking. Verdict, a reasonable priced break with a good company to a nice resort although a remote location for accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Playa Pocillos apartments are in a popular location as it is situated only 300 meters away from the beach, shopping centre and restaurants of Matagorda. The nearest supermarket is 100 meters away. The Playa Pocillos apartments are set within their own well-tended gardens and are a popular choice for couples and families alike.Each apartment has a fully equipped kitchen, separate twin bedroom and a sofa bed, bathroom with bath and shower. Matagorda has a low-key nightlife but for a livelier night out the neighbouring resort of Puerto del Carmen is only a 10 min taxi ride away.Category: 2 KeysType of accommodation: Apartment Number of apartments: 66Number of floors: 2Location: Beach -200 m.Location City centre: 3 km.Airport: 1 km. Arrecife: 10 km. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com so you can book your Playa Pocillos Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Pocillos Apartments Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Playa Pocillos Apartments Matagorda
- Playa Pocillos Apartments Hotel Matagorda
- Playa Pocillos Apartments Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen