Of course you get what you pay for (or not) . . . it is 10 minutes walk from the end of the airport runway, although was not over bothered. It's a 10 Euro Taxi ride from terminal.
Although these clean, spacious, well equipped but cheaply finished apartments, (to include microwave, kettle, fan heater, reasonable capacity water heater) start from the beach promenade (block 1&4), we were in block 7 which was 10 minutes walk back, some are further (5&8), each have their own (cold) pool. Semi-detached with living areas connected was private enough from neighbours patios.
Block 7 (Green Bay) was without WiFi for the whole time we were there (end Nov.'13) due to waiting for third-party, go-slow operators in Lanzarote, however it could be used in other areas.
All other issues were organised by VERY helpful, mixed nationality reception staff & dealt with promptly.
Free, limited TV channels in a few languages, if you want remote control, it requires a e10 deposit. safety box e17.50/week + e10 deposit. Half board buffet upgrade e15/day.
I am used to a soft bed, so after reading reviews of hard mattresses, I took a foam camping roll to soften them - I never bothered using it as I would rate my bed as firm - not hard.
The beach is mainly gold 'Sahara dessert' sand with some black volcanic in it.
Walking towards Puerto Del Carmen (perhaps an hour), becomes more commercial & where you may find some kind of nightlife. Going towards & along past the airport runway on the promenade or beach, is the more natural side, ie. a couple of small dunes before the island background of volcanic rock is more likely to be used by naturists, amongst everyone else, as people cycle, run, walk or stroll. Along this beach the sea varies from inaccessible due to rocks, to vast sandy stretches, so choose your spot carefully.
In the local shopping centre area, there were a number of restaurants where you could get a meal from about 6.5 euros, say 10 by time you had a small drink & Tax, + tip
Even considering the close proximity of the airport, this was a peaceful relaxing place for some winter sun.
- Also Known As:
- Bungalows Las Gaviotas Hotel
- Bungalows Las Gaviotas Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Bungalows Las Gaviotas Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our complex of bungalows Las Gaviotas is located in front of the sea promenade of Matagorda beach, 2011 Blue Flag awarded, and surrounded by tropical gardens. Puerto del Carmen downtown, the main tourist and leisure center of the island is just 3 km. away, 30 to 45 minute walk along the sea promenade, and there is a shopping center with supermarket, restaurants, pubs… 50 meters away. There is a bus stop 200 meters away and Costa Teguise golf course is 15 km away.The complex has 7 outdoor swimming pools, 4 heated in winter season and 3 with a section for kids. Our buffet restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and there are 2 poolside snack-bars. It also has free WiFi access throughout the resort and air conditioning in public areas.All of our bungalows have a private garden terrace with sun loungers and outdoor furniture, living room with TV, kitchen with ceramic hobs, fridge with freezer, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, electric kettle and kitchenware and a bathroom with tub-shower, bidet and a hairdryer.In the Standard bungalows there is a fan and a small night heating apparatus and satellite TVs and safes can be rented. The Superior bungalows include air conditioned and free satellite LCD flat TV.There is a multilingual reception 24 hours open, where you can exchange money, rent a car or hire a bicycle and arrange excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere, Otel, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Bungalows Las Gaviotas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.