Before our holiday I had read some of the reviews here and was concerned that the fittings and apartments would be dated and poorly equipped. Luckily my concerns were put to rest when we arrive.
We stayed in the first block by the roadside and our 2 bed 2 bath apartment was clean, spacious and very generously kitted for self catering (adequate pots, pans, utensils, cups, iron/board etc). We had lots of rom to ourselves and whilst some of the fittings such as curtains were a little dated in design it was cozy and more than suitable.
The beds are not the most comfortable i will add, at least not for those who like their memory foams like myself but that is one of my very few criticisms.
The pool area is very nice and always very clean. Sadly there is no dedicated small pool/paddling section so you may want to make a note of that if you have very young kids otherwise you'll constantly be in the pool with them like we were. If that is not an issue then the pool is lovely.
Good access to the beach and to the town centre and a stones throw from the bus stops that take you all over the island, nobody could fault the location of these apartments.
The staff are very friendly, especially the lady on reception who was incredibly helpful (when she warns you of mossy bites take her word on it).
My only bother during my stay was that as we were in the block by the road the bars close by are really loud (not the fault of the apartments i know) and the rooms sadly do not have air con. If you are like me keeping the windows open means the noise from the bars will bother you whereas closing windows may leave you too hot. Room fans would have perhaps helped with this. Those in blocks closer to the sea would likely have less to worry about.
Lastly we signed up to the wi-fi there but it was not the fastest in the world, but it did its job. It is annoying having to re-sign in every time you return to the apartment but it could be worse. Don't expect to be running iplayer or netflix as we stupidly did as they are region locked, doh.
All in all it was a very pleasant stay, I cant comment on all of the apartments but ours was lovely - block A apartment 2. when booking perhaps ask to compare with that one and you'll be on the right track
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Costa Luz complex is situated in the main part of Puerto del Carmen next to the San Antonio Hotel. Costa Luz has direct access to the Los Pocillos beach (you don't even have to cross the road). Many apartments have unparalleled seaviews and all enjoy a very pleasant setting amongst the beautiful gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Costa Luz Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Luz Apartments Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Costa Luz Apartments Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen