“Don't even think about visiting Los Tulipanes !!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Apartamentos Los Tulipanes

You added Apartamentos Los Tulipanes to your Saves list
Apartamentos Los Tulipanes
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   C/ Finlandia 18, 35510 Puerto Del Carmen, Lanzarote, Spain   |
Brewood, Staffordshire
“Don't even think about visiting Los Tulipanes !!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

What a disgusting place! First impressions are average at best, once you get past reception the reality hits you. The clientele were straight off the set of the TV show Benidorm, all we needed was Madge on her motorised scooter. Leather skinned fish wives with deflated breasts and bingo wings adorned every sun lounger and their Buddha bellied, hairy backed husbands in Union Jack shorts were always seen propping up the bar or eating burgers. The apartments were disgusting, filthy, smelly and should have been demolished years ago. Certainly nothing like the description on the web page. Four of us in our party, not a dark haired person amongst us, yet every day we were finding long black hairs everywhere - enough to make you vomit!! The bathroom was filthy with chipped and broken tiles, mildew and mould everywhere. The toilet seat was made of chipboard which had cracked, hence it had swollen because it absorbed 'moisture', none of us sat down on the loo all week. The cooking facilities were dated, dirty, inadequate and the bare wires and loose switches made us question heir safety. We planned to self cater but this all changed, we ate out every night as the thought of eating in this apartment turned our stomachs. The beds were old and filthy, the bedbugs were out in force and we all got covered in bites. More than a month after the holiday I'm still suffering from the bites, they really were vicious little critters. The pool was freezing - and I mean freezing - but after we saw some fat, lardy Geordie woman sitting picking the dead skin off her feet and flicking it into the water we decided the idea of a swim wasn't a good one.

I guess is you want to mix with Scousers and Geordies who all want to tell you where to get the best full English breakfast or which bar does the best bacon sandwich then this place may interest you. From what we could see the entire island was just the same. An absolute dump of a hotel and an absolute dump annex of Spain. Avoid it like the plague.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

The drive from the airport to Los Tulipanes was quite short. When we got there my friends and I went straight to the reception to collect our key. My boyfriend and I were in room 16 which was upstairs. Our room was nice, had two single beds put together for a double bed lol but it was nice, wardrobe was big enough to fit all our clothes each had bedside tables ad lamps. I didn't keep the wind open that much it was sometimes really windy. The kitchen was pretty basic but did the job, we cooked a few nights had a oven and hobs. The pool side was really nice although the water was really cold but you get used to it after a while. There were two pool and me and my friends always had the small pool to ourselves. It was maybe a 10 minute walk to the main strip, there was a spar shop where we did a majority of our shopping there was pretty much everything you need there. There was soo many awesome shops, I won't for hey the first restaurant we went to, that has to be the best cheese burger I've ever had, I experienced soo much food out there, going to a different restaurant every night. The clubs were great out there especially Picadilly, had my first strawberry daiquiri and then 5 more lol got mad drunk and my boyfriend taught me how to play pool and I beat him lool. It was exciting when Spain won the world cup, everyone was going crazy and partying. The beach was a lot of fun, the sand was extremely hot so we liturally ran to the water, my boyfriend had snorkels and saw fishes. Me and my boyfriend went mini golf and it was a lot of fun obviously I beat him again. We also went go-karting, I was a bit scared at first but as soon as I got into my kart no one could stop me, I did crash a few times though lol. Me and my boyfriend also went to the rancho Texas park were we saw all the animal, watched a seal and bird show, there was a swimming pool there aswell, I went in but my boyfriend just relaxed by the pool, the coach took us there and back. The other reviews about Los tulipanes made me a bit wery about coming but I didn't experience any of that, no one got robbed whilst I was there and the water always remained hot in the shower. The food and drink were all so cheap and there it soo much to do, I had an amazing time here and il definitely to becoming back to stay at Los tulipanes oh yeah and we had red bull flavour ice cream hehe

• Stayed June 2012
Dublin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed here for a week in September (our third time in PDC) and I will not be returning to these apartments.. it was a last minute deal so it was chosen for us.

The beds are beyond uncomfortable, you may as well be sleeping on the floor..

The walls are paper thin, we could literally hear every little noise our neighbors, both above and on either side of us made.. you could easily think there were people talking in your kitchen when you were in bed at night.. it was very difficult to sleep at night, I had to buy earplugs.

There was no hairdryer supplied, but you could rent one at the reception, which hardly ever seemed to be open. I've never come across this before, there is normally a hairdryer fitted in the bathrooms of holiday apartments, well the ones I've been to anyway.

The fridge didn't work properly, the "freezer" leaked water constantly, although it was the only cold part of the fridge.. we had to keep pretty much everything squashed up into it.

There are 2 "pools" and they are both tiny.. I cannot understand why they didn't just put in one decent sized pool instead of those 2 duck ponds.

On the plus side, the location is good, 10 minutes walk to the strip (Casino area) and 20 to the Old Town.. the staff are friendly and the room was cleaned regularly, although we were not given clean towels and linen on every occasion.

We had a brilliant week, in spite of the accommodation.

Room Tip: Ask for a poolside room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

we stayed 11 nights in los tulipanes. After reading some reviews was a bit worried but the apt was lovely. Quite big, room cleaned every day except sat and sun. not many rooms so plenty of sun lounges and only 5 min walk to beach and shops. Spar also near by. reception girl not very friendly but we did not require her assistance, bar staff lovely. great place for all ages, would go there again. John and Claire

Room Tip: rooms 7 9 - 11 -13-15-17 ground floor beside pool. up top even numbers. other side 20 to 37.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Paisley, Scotland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

on arrival the reception was closed the bar man got our keys .our room was on the ground floor im not to good with rooms on the ground so next morning as we checked in they were only to happy to move us to another room .great view over pool, bedroom looked out to the volcanos and a main road that was so quiet u could leave ur windows opan at nite (quietest road ever) .. room clean comfy all you need if its only to sleep in .cleaned every day .staff pollite frendly and helpful. 7 minuets walk to the beach and supermarket .our holiday was great and we are going back ..... enjoy .....

Room Tip: the accomidation is only 2 stories high so try for the top more private when on your balcony as grou...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lisburn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I have just recently returned from spending 9 nights in these apartments and we really enjoyed them, they had what we needed and were clean with the cleaners coming in quite often over our stay. All the staff were lovely and very helpful. Because there was only 37 apartments it didn't get too busy, plenty of sunbeds and a choice of 3 pools. The poolbar was great with happy hour from 4pm to 5pm everyday, 2 for 1 on beers and spirits!! and there was the wednesday night barbacue and Elvis tribute act all for 9euro! it also served breakfast and the usual snacks throughout the day and i have to say the pizzas are delicious. Although the apartments were about 8mins walk from the main strip and beach we still found them convenient. Air con would have been nice, but we hired a fan. A good base for a 1st holiday on a beautiful island. A home from home!! Jackie&Grant

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My partner and two teenage children had a highly enjoyable stay here in August 2012. There are just 37 apartments sharing the facilities, so the pool area was never crowded. Plenty of sunbeds, cafe tables and three medium size pools to share, and all the facilities were open from 10-10. (In the snack bar there is a computer with internet access which our teenagers found a godsend!)
Snacks and drinks were comparable to outside venues, but the kitchens are equiped with a fridge, oven, microwave, toaster, and kettle if you prefer to eat in. The cleaning staff came in 5 days a week, which in my experience of this type of budget apartments, is exceptionally good. As a consequence the rooms are very clean and comfortable, and it is quite possible to spend an evening in if you wish. (The satellite TV with menu settings that can change dubbed UK/US shows back to english).
It is situated on the northern edge of the town so it does bear the brunt of the prevailing wind, but we found this natural cooling very welcome. It's position means that there are no late night noises from people travelling past, although there was some traffic noise in the morning from the main road about 50 metres away. Having said that we found the position ideal.
Depending on your walking speed, it is about a 10 minute walk to the front and the nearest beach. However, this section of the beach is small and doesn't have any sun loungers. The two main beaches are 20-25 minutes (in opposite directions), and this walk can be tiring at the hottest part of the day.
I'd recommend these apartments to anyone looking for a comfortable, relaxing holiday, and would happily go back any time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Apartamentos Los Tulipanes? Share your experiences!