“Best holiday in Lanzarote at the Beatriz Playa” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beatriz Playa & Spa

You added Beatriz Playa & Spa to your Saves list
Beatriz Playa & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Urb. Matagorda, 35510 Puerto Del Carmen, Lanzarote, Spain   |
Ranked #45 of 96 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
“Best holiday in Lanzarote at the Beatriz Playa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 10 excellent nights during the month of May Unfortunately,6 days into our stay,my wife broke her ankle on steps leading down to the beach.The hotel were very considerate and arranged for a wheelchair.The reception staff could not have been more helpful and we enjoyed the rest of our holiday.Less of this ,more about the hotel.This was our 2nd visit to this hotel and when we arrived at reception Erica remembered us from our previous visit and gave us a warm welcome.She gave us our old room,but we request to move to a room which benefited from late evening sunlight.No problem,she changed our room as requested.Could not have been more helpful.Anna was great too.
The food in the indoor and outdoor restaurant was first class at all times and set an excellent standard throughout our stay.The hardworking staff were smooth and professional and removed plates and cutlery as soon as you finished your meals. Cleanliness was high on the agenda.
The room was spotlessly clean and cleaned daily.Towels changed every day.
Only one slight moan.Evening entertainment was repetitive, long breaks in between acts or singing.No communication to inform the audience what was happening next , if anything.
WIll be returns for our second visit of the year on 22/09/13. Can't wait.
We can highly recommend this hotel as we have stayed in a fair number of them over the last 8 years.
This is by far on of the best value for money hotels.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Polish first
Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

we stayed at this hotel in june 2013 for 2 weeks, we absolutly loved it, that much we are returning for my partners 40th birthday in october, our friends have decide to join us because of our great recommendation, they wont be disappointed! we did email the hotel before we went last time and asked for seaview which we got half a seaview but we wasnt bothered as the room where we were was situated in a perfect spot for us straight out the room in the lift into the evening entertainment bar perfect!! our room was 2093 but i wouldnt recommend this room if u want an early night coz u can hear all the entertainment but we never did so was great for us.
We could only find one thing to complain about at this hotel an that was flat coke in the evening entertainment bar, it wasnt flat in any other bar in the hotel but thats not the point thats the only bar open at evening except the other little bar where u have to pay for ur drinks even when your all inclusive, which i found very strange, but this was the only complaint we had for the whole 2 wks the food was lovely even had bbqs some lunch times an there was plenty of choice which makes a change for all incl, the show cooking was great you no its all freshly cooked, only thing missing was i thought there would of been someone making omlettes at breakfast, but u still had lots to choose from.
The SPA is a must visit! it was lovely we went a couple of times and loved it!! staff were also very friendly an barstaff were great.
I would also recommend NOT to get a transfer to the hotel as its only 8 euros in a taxi it was great an even though its so close to the airport the planes are not a problem.
CANT WAIT TO RETURN IN OCTOBER LOVE THIS HOTEL XX

Room Tip: if travelling with children or like an early night, dont have a room over the entertainment bar can...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I arrived and were pleased that we had been allocated the room (3024) that we had requested by email as recommended on tripadvisor. The room is ideal it has both sea and pool view as well as full sun in the afternoon. The food is lovely, there is so much of it and we were thrilled that the beer was a really nice drink. However we did not enjoy the food in the Pizzeria or the Oriental Restaurant, the main restaurant food is much nicer. Our room was cleaned daily and our towels were changed everyday, the cleaners did an excellent job. The Animation team work hard and the Professional shows were very good. The bar staff are very pleasant especially Carlos, nothing was too much trouble for him. It is a lovely walk along the promenade and although we are not plane enthusiasts we really enjoyed our walks to virtually the end of the runway too watch the planes land and take off, The promenade is full of walkers and joggers as it is so flat, maybe next time we will take our trainers and join them?
We will certainly visit the hotel again and would recommend it.

Room Tip: The high floors are great due the views. we stayed in 3024 which had excellent views for the pool an...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tamworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

just came back from a weeks stay with my partner at the beatrix, 1st impression lovely hotel friendly staff all inclusive food was nice and varied, the down side was the rooms need a bit of an upgrade to keep there 4* rating, the bath was rusty and scratched the tv was dated the channels were the usual news channels and disney,the fridge was filthy and needed a good clean we had to fork out 71 euros to get the fridge wifi in the room and safe which is a bit high c
onsidering it was all inclusive, but apart from that had a great week there lovely and relaxing beach was nice the local bars friendly and welcoming we used to walk down the beach to watch the planes coming in to land really enjoyable i would recommend anybody yo go there but the rooms do need sorting the sea view from the room wasnt good it was a side view we was overlooking the road dont know how some people get sea views they must pay for it i supose.

Room Tip: ask for a sea view cos otherwise your put at the back
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Torrington, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I need not write this review as I totally agree with everything boop33 has said. We went to Lanzarote in February this year and stayed in the playa club in puerto del carmen and we did the long walk to see the planes landing at the airport and passed this hotel and thought it looked nice so we booked to come on 29th August for a week. We caught a taxi from the airport (only because we knew it was a 5 minute drive and last time we got on the bus they had to wait for an hour before it could leave. We did tell the rep we were getting a taxi) . We arrived at the hotel no queue at reception (as we left all the people at the airport) and straight to our room got changed and straight down for food . It does say men have to wear long trousers in the restaurant so my husband and son put some trousers on but there were men in shorts so that was the only time they put trousers on so they wore shorts for the rest of the week. The food was lovely loads to choose from I had a roast dinner most evenings it was lovely especially as I didn't have to cook it. 3 days in and I was fed up of eating never done all inclusive before and you can eat as much as you like .

We were in room 3016 and 3017 with a connecting door I thought the rooms were lovely bathroom was big loads of coat hangers in the wardrobe a sofa to sit on and watch the tv a balcony over looking the pool and sea view we couldn't have asked for any better it was great. I emailed the hotel before arrival to ask for a connecting door in the rooms as my children are older but still wanted them close to keep an eye. Also asked for a fridge as needed to keep insulin in it and they didn't charge us for it so that was a result as you have to hire the fridge so we were grateful for that. The room was spotless it was cleaned everyday and clean towels everyday also . You also had toiletries in the bathroom as well but we brought our own and there was a hair dryer .

The pool area was great 2 big pools and a baby pool . Never had a problem with sun beds always plenty around . You can hire towels for the pool at 15 euros each but you get it back when you hand the towel back at the end of the week and we were also given a ticket to have clean ones if needed .

The evening entertainment was ok the Beatles tribute band were good but only on for an hour. Never really had to queue long for a drink the bar staff were very efficient and wouldn't let anyone push in,they all worked really hard.
Overall the holiday was everything we were expecting lovely food lovely staff spotlessly clean and fantastic weather and we would highly recommend this place .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Peterborough
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was our second visit to the Beatriz and the hotel really takes care of it's repeat guests. We were treated to fruit, sparking wine, chocolates and free spa entry. Yes, the rooms could do with a lick of paint, but, when I'm on holiday I want to soak up the sun, sights and sea so a slight crack in the plaster or slightly tired paint job isn't exactly the end of my world.

We stayed for 2 weeks, never once had an issue with getting a sun lounger and although we had to queue a couple of times for our evening meal that's the price you pay for leaving it til later in the dinner service. Food choice was good... I don't get people who complain about repetition on holiday... Do you not eat the same base food more than once a week at home? There was fresh pasta, rice, tuna, chicken... plenty of healthy options and the less healthy too (you are on holiday after all!!) The staff were friendly and helpful and since I already knew how the bars etc worked and what was/wasn't free I had no problems there.

My "only" slight gripe is the entertainment... I hated the house band last year.... My view hasn't changed!! But, the Beatles tribute was just as fantastic as the last time I saw it and I really enjoyed the African dancers... Will I go back?? Absolutely!! You get used to the planes after a couple of days and the place is big enough to make you feel like you have plenty of space. It's a bit of a walk to PDC and Playa Pocillos but ultimately when I am on holiday I have all the time in the world to relax and enjoy long lazy walks. Fab holiday, great hotel... highly recommended!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We've just returned from a great week at the Beatriz, staying 22-29 August 2013

Check-in was quick and efficient and I didn't get the impression I was on a hasty conveyor belt as some guests have said. It is a busy hotel so expecting to chat to a busy receptionist is just a silly idea.
We were a group of 5, so we stayed in a suite. Essentially I think it is two rooms knocked connected together. It was spotless and more than suited our needs, but yes some of the furniture was looking a little tired. This hotel has such a lot to offer guests that I find it incredulous that some go round commenting/ complaining on triv like scuff marks on walls etc. We left the room at 0900, returned for showers at around 1800, the rest of the day was at the pool or on the beach, we didn't pay to go inspecting rooms.
The food is excellent, it catered perfectly for all 5 of us, not one complaint. One point though, at dinner we saw people in shorts and even tracksuit bottoms.....definitely not enforced trousers that's for sure.
Yes we saw a few birds in the dining room, but last Friday we also watched the bird of prey....whatever the hotel can do it is doing.
The bars are fine, yes you do have to queue at busy times, but so what! It is all-inclusive so of course the bar is busy! Miguel was so interactive with my kids that they actively went to find him each day - he acted almost as a defacto entertainer!! Other guests have implied that the drinks are watered down, absolute rubbish. We used the pool bar and the nightclub bar every day and I'd have noticed weaker than expected drinks.
Right, now a couple of observations. The flooring around the pool is absolutely minging. It is windy there, drinks get split but the following day the sugary mess is still there for your feet to stick to. I personally never saw anyone out with a hose at night or in the morning and there was always a sticky mess around the umbrellas from a previous day's spilt slush drink. The wind in the Canaries isn't just something that started last week, what about holders for drinks to prevent them being blown over? UK gusts may struggle with people smoking at the poolside, but there aren't ANY ashtrays-so understand this.....the ash has to go somewhere, as do the butts. My kids eventually got used to seeing the butts floating in the pools, but there is no need for that. Again on this theme, it's an all inclusive bar at a pool, so it is busy, and the bins are not emptied any where near frequently enough.
I had a chat with the hotel manager about one of the animation team shouting at a guest because he'd complained about the animation team violently throwing a pool around the heated pool, essentially putting it of bounds to young children, I believe this was resolved, but this character had no control over the watersports he was running, hence several guests were whacked by balls during water polo and young kids found themselves scared of the yobbish behaviour. The senior female animation co-ordinator stood for no nonsense and kicked the idiot out for 5 min breaks when he was being too giddy.
One last observation - nearly all the entertainment in the evenings is exceptionally good, the kids love it and there's a great atmosphere, but the animation team had a 'Mr and Mrs' type of show on one night which involved popping balloons in various sexual positions. This should never have been sanctioned by the management, there were more than several guests outraged by this, but it was presided over by the animation team that normally do such a fab job. Totally inappropriate.
So, reading the above it seems a bit damning. But do you know what? I'd go back there tomorrow if I could. It is a great hotel, superb location, friendly setting with some great characters working there, and working exceptionally hard. It's just a lack of polish that I observed, and an immature animation guy, who is very good at the bulk of his job.
One major positive, if you rent the safe (21 Eu) you get a single visit to the Spa for a swim, sauna and jacuzzi - my wife said it was the best Spa she's ever had which is high praise indeed.

Room Tip: Use the Spa, you'll see why!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Beatriz Playa & Spa? Share your experiences!