“Fab holiday” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Morromar Apartamentos

You added Morromar Apartamentos to your Saves list
Morromar Apartamentos
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Mato 13 | Urbanizacion Matagorda, 35510 Puerto Del Carmen, Lanzarote, Spain (Formerly Sol Morromar Apartamentos)   |
Ranked #29 of 96 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Scottish Highlands, United Kingdom
“Fab holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We had a fab 2 week holiday here. There was 8 of us 4 adults 4 children. Everything was fab and would definetaly return. The only bad points for us were the food was very repetitive and we ate out several times. Also the entertainment is terrible it dosent flow as you would expect it stops and starts and unfortunately finishes at 10.30 which is far to early. All the staff at this hotel work hard and it is spotlessly clean.

Room Tip: We were in room 422 top floor overlooking the lower pool and a sea view. Also hire a fan from recept...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dirección M, Director General at Morromar Apartamentos, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Suze360,

We would like to thank you very much for bringing to our attention your nice comments about your stay in our Hotel.

All feedback from our guests is valued, to ensure that we maintain and deliver the level of service expected from us.

We take a good note about the comments of our food and also the entertainment and will do our best to get better as soon as posible.

Wish you all the best and some sunny regards from Lanzarote,

THe- Apartamentos Morromar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Polish first
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Stayed a week all inclusive during July 2014.

If going to resort, use a taxi from outside arrivals,between 10 and 15 Euros.

Reception and checking in - The reception staff very quick, friendly and efficient, reception area has a free basic wifi connection.

Rooms - the rooms served a purpose, for us to shut our eyes and fall asleep, very clean, room service made the beds and changed the towels. There is a kitchen area with a kettle, toaster fridge and hob. There is a Flat screen TV (limited English channels, but sky news first thing in the morning is not a bad thing).

Pools - there are two pools, a large pool and a smaller pool, both pools were in very good and clean condition. During our stay we noticed that the sun loungers were being reserved from 630am onwards. Please note that the larger of the two pools is separated via a wall with a railing, in the larger section of this pool, there is no shallow end.

Grounds - fantastic, always noticed a cleaner, or a gardener tending the plants, or sweeping the walkways. (Do wear footwear on the paths as these do get hot).

Drinks - a good selection of drinks served, from local beers, wines, branded fizzy drinks and slush puppy style drinks. There are cocktails on the all inclusive list also. Down stairs there is a large lounge area with sofas, chairs, tables.

Food - I'm a fussy eater, I never went hungry, themed evening meal nights was a nice touch (Mexican and Chinese when we stayed). Puddings there was a nice selection. In my opinion, breakfast was the best, lots of choice, but management please get another more efficient toaster, 10 minutes for a round of toast. There is a snack bar, where you can get burgers, hotdogs, chips etc.

Entertainment - during the day the hotel reps where great, very happy, always chatting to us guests and never trying to force us to do the activities. I've got two 13 year old twins, they told me that the activities for them were poor, as they were too old for the kids club ( not that they would use it) but too young for the activities that they would like to do ( shooting, archery ).
During the evening, it is typical holiday resort entertainment, bird shows, local singer, bingo, etc.

We stayed in a top floor room with a view if the sea and tennis court.

We are looking to book for 2015.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hola dear Whelds,

Receive cordial greetings from all the team working at THe- Apartamentos Morromar, especially from our Management Department.

We are so glad after having received your comments letting us know you had great time and vacation experience in our Hotel.

Your comments are a valuable reference for other customers who are considering our Apartments for their holidays.

I would like to confirm you that we already order another Toaster for our breakfast restaurant, on your next stay in our Hotel I promise that it´s getting faster.

Looking forward to welcome you again to offer you a THe - Total Hotel Experience in Lanzarote.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any kind of information you might need.

Sincerely yours,

Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stayed here in July 14, first impressions were great - helpful staff, spacious appts and 2 nice pools. The entertainment wasnt the best but something to watch in the evenings and the team work so hard and really try their best, the kids love them especially Alex!. The food although initially was wonderful did get a bit samey we ended up eating out the last 2 nights just for something different, but it is all lovely. The staff work very hard and are extremely helpful apart from 1 misery on the bar! Special mention to Joanna for helping us print our boarding passes on the evening before we were leaving. Appts clean and have everything you need, ask for a quiet room we were right over the resteurant and did get a bit noisy at night but we could have asked to move i guess.short walk to the resort centre and 5 min cheap taxi to puerto del carmen. Would definitely stay again if went back to Lanzarote. We miss you!

Hola dear!!!

Receive warm greetings from all the Staff working at the THe- Apartamentos Morromar and especially myself.

Thank you very much for your comments and we are glad to know that you had a great time and we could satisfy almost all your wishes, thanks for highlighting the good food, the cleaning and our staff which are doing a great job.

We hope to see you again at our Hotel and please do not hesitate to contact us for any kind of information you might need.

Big hug and some sunny regards,

Chester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband, my 6 year old daughter, 3 year old son and I stayed at the Morromar for a week returning yesterday and, we were very happy with our choice of hotel. The check in was quick and efficient, we were given a map of the complex and all the information we needed regarding food serving times and entertainment and were happy with Apartment 733. It was a one bedroomed apartment with twin beds in one room and a camp bed and sofabed in the lounge area. We were on the ground floor and had a lovely terrace behind the tennis courts with a view of the sea. The kitchen area was small but completely unused as we were all - inclusive. The bath was ample sized but the shower was like a tap rather than a shower so we couldn't use that. We had a lovely little gift bag of toiletries and plenty of towels in the bathroom on arrival. The towels are not to be taken to the pool, there is a notice advising you not to do that in the bathroom. There's no air conditioning in the apartment and we couldn't sleep with either the balcony or bedroom window open (it opened fully with no safety stops) as we have a son that loves climbing so couldn't risk him climbing out so, it was very hot but, we did choose to go to a hot country on holiday so had no right to moan about the heat. There was ample storage in the apartment.

We used both pools multiple times although we did prefer the pool next to the bar (top pool) as we could get drinks easily and that was where the entertainment was. The pool next to the entrance (bottom pool), however was a lot quieter and had a bigger shallow end but, there's a shallow childrens pool next to the top pool which was mainly too deep for me to stand in (I am 5ft2). Both pools are clean and well used although never too busy and we never had a problem finding sun beds.

Entertainment wise, we found the kids entertainment to be excellent. The mini discos (night time in the pool bar and sometimes during the day in the children's pool) and mini club were very good although my son was a bit disappointed as he couldn't go (age range 5+). The four members of the animacion team that we frequently saw worked very hard and, there was face painting and balloon shapes at random intervals too. For the adults, the daytime programme was varied and really good. The entertainment in the evening was ok. There was an eagle show which was very short but good, a drag act that my daughter loved and there was a swing singer also but, he completely ignored my daughter who was waving at him and trying to smile at him even though she was on the front row so, we weren't happy with that. It obviously could be improved in the evening but, the daytime was good.

Food wise, there are theme nights and all the food is beautifully cooked and presented. It perhaps does become a bit 'samey' as the week goes on but, there are variations, especially where the chefs cook freshly in front of you although this sometimes leads to a big queue. The snacks around lunch time are mainly geared up to kids (chips with fish fingers or hot dogs for example) and a special mention must go to the cakes served by the bar after lunch, they were beautiful. This leads me to a massive negative though, sadly. On one of the days, I asked the gentleman behind the bar if there were any plates for the cake. I was polite as always and he replied "no, no plates" so, I proceeded to put the cakes on serviettes for my children. As I was doing this, another man approached the bar and asked him, in spanish, if there were plates. The same bar man gave him plates. I have no idea why the bar man refused me as I was polite and waited in the queue to ask rather than interrupt him but, I was very upset that this had happened.

As a positive, I must mention a lady receptionist who helped me retrieve a lost bag from a taxi we had used. She persistently called the taxi company and I got my bag back safely. I wish I had taken a note of her name as I was very grateful to her.

All in all, we had a lovely time at The Morromar and would recommend the hotel to anyone.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Torworwor,

At "THe"- Apartamentos Morromar our goal is to make your stay become an unforgettable experience and we are very happy to read that you had a great time here with us.

Thank you for highlighting some of our services. We really hope that you will be visiting us in the near future and thank you for recommending us.

It´s a real pleasure to read your comments and we are sure that other travelers can make use of it.

I already send your greetings to the Lady from reception, her name is Nadine and she send you all the best wishes for you and the family!!!

We cannot wait seeing you soon until then all the best.

Sunny regards from Lanzarote,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Just returned after two weeks all inclusive and haven't got a bloated stomach. The food was on a par with other 3* hotels. There was always plenty of choice and most people seemed to enjoy it as the hotplate was always having to be replenished. The staff were friendly and helpful, special thanks to Alfonso on reception who changed our room when we arrived as we wanted an upper floor and had been given a lower one. This was done within an hour of arriving. The evening entertainment was not great!! We went out on quite a few occasions as bingo and games didn't appeal to us, although the magician , the singer and the clown/mime artist were ok.
The apartments were kept clean and the maid service was good, sheets and towels changed every other day.
Another good thing was that we could always get a lounger by the pool which made a nice change.
Overall I think for what we paid it was great.

Room Tip: We had room 402 which overlooked the quiet pool.
Dear Cazbah201,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience, which gives us an opportunity to assess and evaluate our performance.

Thank you for highlighting our staff, especially Alfonso, the good food, and the clean instalations.

We hope to welcome you once again for more days to experience the hospitality of our people, the quality of our services and facilities.

Send you some sunny regards and all the best wishes from Lanzarote and the Morromar staff !!!

THe Apartamentos Morromar
Sleaford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The hotel entertainment was pretty terrible we rarely were interested in it the whole time we were there!

It's only a short 5-10min walk to the beach and also a very nice Chinese just down in the shopping centre nearby, a taxi to Puerto Del Carmen centre is only cheap and there is a taxi rank outside the side entrance to the hotel.

The food was terrible, when we arrived my girlfriend thought everyone was pregnant then it soon became apparent that they were all living off rice and chips because it was the only thing most people liked which is what made everyone's stomach bloat. One morning we had hot dogs instead of normal sausages on the breakfast menu!!!!!

The cocktails included in the all inclusive were brilliant the day we arrived with loads of fruit added to it and tasted really nice but as the week went on we got less and less fruit till there was none in the cocktails at all it was just cheap alcohol and a mixer in a plastic cup!

• Stayed May 2014
Dirección M, Director General at Morromar Apartamentos, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for having spent your valuable time on publishing your impressions about your recent stay in our Apartments.

We respect all opions of our guests and it´s really valuable for us in order to improve our efforts to offer a better service to all our guests.

Sorry that we couldn´t satisfy your wishes with our buffet restaurant, however if you allowed, we think that your comentary about the "bloat stomach" guests is totally inappropriate.

About the coctails in a plastic cup we would like to inform you that it´s for the security of our guests. In general crystal is not allowed on the pool area.

We wish you all the best !

The Management
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My wife and I just got back from a 10 day stay. Overall we loved it there. Stayed in room 300 which was right next to reception which got a bit noisy at times. Got woken up by a few drunks coming back from a night out. Also could never open bedroom curtains & window as everyone could look in. Food was fine (breakfast the best). Used bottom pool as it was quieter of the 2. Grounds are lovely. As are the cats (love cats). Please dont get rid of them. 10 minute walk from the beach, shops and bars.Overall we loved it there (2nd visit). Will more than likely go back again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dirección M, Director General at Morromar Apartamentos, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Barnsy,

It´s a real pleasure to read your comments, we thank you so much for sharing your experience with other travellers on the Trip Advisor comunity.

We send already all your nice words to our staff and we hope that we will welcome you back near future in our Hotel.

Send you the best wishes and some sunny regards,

The Management

Been to Morromar Apartamentos? Share your experiences!