“Excellent” 4 of 5 stars
Review of ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort

You added ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort to your Saves list
ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Suiza 4 | Puerto del Carmen - Lanzarote, 35519 Puerto Del Carmen, Lanzarote, Spain   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 96 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Just back from a relaxing week at this fabulous hotel in March for my mum's birthday. The hotel was great first time I've been to a Riu hotel but would definitely recommend & go again. The food & drink were great in both the main restaurant & the themed restaurants & would recommend the Asian one as it was great food. The pool areas like the rest of the hotel were spotless with plenty of beds & you got free pool towels to use too. First time I've been to any hotel & got a free safe in the room. We stayed in the annex which was a few minutes walk to the main hotel & the room again was spacious & spotless. Entertainment was good fun & the animation team were always friendly & spent time chatting to the guests. The resort was really clean & easy to get around. Would definitely recommend this hotel & resort to anyone.

Room Tip: Annex rooms seem to be more spacious & the pool area there is quieter
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
  • Polish first
Brighouse, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

We just returned from a weeks break, the resort was spotlessly clean, staff very friendly, we were in the annexe across the bridge which was not a long walk and the room was fine. The main restaurant was really busy with a lot of noise and queues but we ate each evening in the themed restaurants (Mexican/Asian alternate in one restaurant Canarian every night in another) although you are only supposed to use each once per week, you can get in if there is room and you don't mind which sitting you go to. We also had breakfast in the restaurant at the bottom of the main staircase where the Canarian meals are served in the evenings, much more peaceful. Only fault we found was as the weather was cold/windy in the evening (nothing anyone could do about the weather) there was nowhere to sit other than the show room where there was not enough room.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We arrived at this Riu on feb 23rd 2014. First impression was a nice hotel. We had to stay in the second hotel which was a long walk across the bridge where there are no amenities, as these were in the first hotel. Our first morning we went for breakfast and had to que outside the restaurant. We went away with two vegetarians. Breakfast was fine, but lunch & evening meals were very cheap and non vegetarian apart from pizza. It was the same food every night. The mexican restaurant served fantastic food and the chef went out of his way to cook a vegetarian dish. The asian restaurant food was tastless, and nothing vegetarian. my daughter in law asked for vegetarian, the chef said"you want vegetarian go next door. Also the beer was very flat and tasted very poor. my husband would not drink it. As a result, we ate & drank out most nights. This made it a very expensive holiday.would not recomend it !

Room Tip: insist on a room in the main hotel. so you are close to all amenities.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I have just returned from a week long holiday at this hotel and I cannot fault it at all!
The hotel was perfect and I was very worried as I had read a few bad reviews but as soon as I arrived I was very relieved! We was put into a room in the annex which is across the bridge (honestly it is not a long walk at all, you can also walk past the swimming pools if you would rather). The room was on the top floor but there are lifts situated in the hotel if you would rather not take the stairs, the room was very clean, modern and spacious and the cleaners did an excellent job, we had fresh towels and sheets every day!
The swimming pool with the swim up bar was lovely, as it was heated! There was always enough sunbeds to choose from and the restaurant which is situated near this pool was clean and had a variety of snacks and the staff were always happy to help if you needed.
The entertainment team were great and the best thing was they wasn't too pushy which I have found at other hotels! The shows are of a very good standard most nights and
I recommend the Beijing gymnasts..they were amazing!
If you get a chance to you should book the themed restaurants I personally recommend the Asian and the Mexican restaurant, they were outstanding and the food was of very good standard and extremely yummy!
All staff are very friendly and happy to help. The drinks machines are a great idea so you can just help yourself, and the cocktails are lovely (I got a bit addicted haha).
As I went away in March the weather during the day was beautiful but at night time it did get a bit chilly so it is a good idea to have a jumper or a cardigan.
The location of this hotel was perfect as myself and my boyfriend are in our twenties we enjoy a bit of night life..so we walked into the town/strip which is about a 15-20min walk away! There are lots of bars and shops so plenty to keep you entertained!
I recommend the buggy trip it cost 95euros for 2 adults to spend 3 hours on the tour, so much fun! But make sure you wear cheap sunglasses and a scarf as you travel along some dirt tracks.
I will be definitely returning to this hotel, had a fantastic week away!

Room Tip: - Having a room across the bridge (annex) and quieter later at night so therefore you don't get...
isle of wight
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel around this time of year February/ march
We were upgraded as we had stayed before and had a great room with a view the staff are great the food is very good and the quiet pool area fab for couples
The hotel is kept in good condition and is very clean
Entertainment is varied as it is a club hotel so lots to do if you want it!
We had a fab week in the sun thanks!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

After staying here for a week in late February for my 50th birthday, I can say I enjoyed my time at the hotel and it lived up to my expectations. Everyone at the hotel was friendly, it was clean and modern, the room was nice and well looked after.
However, as a vegetarian staying in an all inclusive hotel, I expected a little more in the way of variety, I forced to chose similar food almost every night. Luckily there were themed restaurants which compensated for me. The Chinese & Mexican were outstanding.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that ISNT over the bridge.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

My boyfriend and i stayed here from the 2nd March to the 9th. After a fairly long day it did take a while for them to get our room ready for us which was a bit of a disappointment. But, that gave us time to get some food, they served dinner until 9.30 at night! Which was brilliant as we never had to rush to get some. I found the hotel superb! They had free litre bottles of water to take out if you were spending the day on a tour or to take back to your room. They were always helpful! The rooms were huge! We stayed in the annex part of the building although it was maybe a 5-10 minute walk to get back to the main areas it was so nice and warm that we really didn't mind. Plus with it being out of the way it was much quieter. I couldn't believe how clean the rooms were! I LITERALLY COULDN'T FIND ANY DIRT! i'm also quite fussy about things but for me it was perfect. The beds were two big singles pushed together and i suppose that was my only real complaint. The maids brought us fresh towels everyday and made up the room, even when we forgot to put the little door hanger out for them. We would often come back and find the towels had been folded and made to look like elephants and crabs, simple little extras that we loved. The balcony was lovely so if it was a bit windy down at the pool we could come back and sit out on it and it would be read hot!

The meals were quite nice, average i would say. A lot of reviews said repetitive and i would have to agree. But there was something for everyone and plenty of it so no one went without! At busy times it could be a struggle to find a table but, there was always someone to help you if that was the case. I ate until my heart and belly was content! It was just such a relaxing time. There was a minor disappointment about there not being any tea in the rooms and lack of british tea in the restaurant area but, you are in a different country after all!

Thomson's reps were brilliant. They were always around when they said they were going to be, helped us when we had questions for them. They helped us book tours and days out with them. Obviously there was certain days for certain trips, so if like us you missed it then you would probably have to find it on your own! The natural wonders tour IS A MUST for any sight seeing lovers! It was my first holiday abroad and i would gladly do it all again.

Thanks to Claire, Steve and Adam for their helpful and thoughtful service as reps. The Hotel staff for always being on hand and the maids who kept our room tidy! I hope this review helps someone decide they should go!

Room Tip: room 3345 annex is a quieter part set near the back of the hotel but still great sun and not a lon...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort? Share your experiences!