“Great but few hints” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort

Save Saved
You added ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort to your Saves list
ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Suiza 4 | Puerto del Carmen - Lanzarote, 35519 Puerto Del Carmen, Lanzarote, Spain   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Special Offer
Ranked #10 of 84 hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Great but few hints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

We stayed here from 20th to 30th Jan, we arrived after quick transfer and had a quick drink then we checked in, we were advised on here to email them before you go requesting a sea view, which was granted, so if you looking to book email them your requests before hand.

Meal times, there was plenty of food and choice, however some people were very pushy and had no manners, also a lot of them like to stare while your eating, very annoying, we advise to book the themed restaurants for a relaxed dinner as there is not so much panic and rushing like the main restaurant has and you don't have to fight for a table.

As for the Bar, it's in the wrong place, it's should be undercover as it did get very windy and chilly and most nights we had jumpers on, many people wearing winter coats. There is plenty of choice for drinks I think, and most of them are quite nice, the discotheque is a bit of a let down and an eye opener but it's ok to go if you want a giggle.

The entertainment team are great, not sure where they get their energy from, some of them are talented when they sing and not mime, as this was just dire night after night, the Africa aerobats were brilliant and fun to watch, as so were the Chinese aerobats too.

I noticed that a lot of people when on holiday have no manners as my partner and I were told off by another guest for talking while for a show to start, very pushy and impatient too, I'm sorry but I'm on my holiday not at school.

We did venture out of the hotel resort and went shopping, visited other bars, as many of them have free wi fi, we also came across last minute tours, and booked two tours with them which First Choice were charging the earth for, so look here if you want to book any trips as they are very helpful with reasonable prices too.

The staff are fantastic here, always saying hola, and can't do enough for you, esp. housekeeping they were great

All in all it's was a great holiday, we explored the island and the hotel resort and the resort it self, but we will choice some where else for our next holiday, but here is fine just for a week of exploring and relaxing.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

1,707 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Polish first
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We had an very good family holiday here. Service provided by staff was excellent and always with a smile. However here are a few points a visitor should be aware of.
Hotel has an occupancy of 98 to 99% (over 640 rooms!). We booked 3 rooms and they gave us worst ones to start with (ground floor inner corridor) whereas when booking we had requested highest floor and good views. Management were very efficient in relocating us within a couple of days to rooms somewhat better. However if you are a couple and used to sleeping on double bed rather then twin beds, then this hotel is not one to choose. There are very few rooms with double beds, most of them in suites, most reserved for long stay residents (some of them book for two or three winter months).
There are two distinct buildings with about equal number of rooms. The older one is grander but most felicities are in the newer one (except spa).
Swimming pools (two of the four) are heated in winter months. But they are still so cold and during winters winds are so fierce that only hardy souls dare enter these. Resort needs a covered, heated pool.
Food is generally good but three specialty restaurants need to make their menu more distinct to one in main dinning hall, which at peak times is very over crowded. Why can't management open a big proper dinning room in annex building also? Do note that no snacks or food is available after 10 pm although alcohol is there till 2 am.
Location of hotel is average. It is close to a large sandy beech but sea (Atlantic ocean!) is not gently shelving. Better beech to swim is about a mile towards right of the rear of the resort.
And finally excursions from this resort. Walk out of resort and book your trips through an excursion shop. It will cost you half of what you pay through you holiday rep.
There is also no free WIfi in this resort and charges are exorbitant. Go for a coffee to most cafes for free wifi (or internet access at half cost).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

The previous comments from Angela perfectly sum up this hotel. It is like a cattle market especially at meal times and breakfast even worse. But they still manage to never run short of food, always topped up. Yes the tables are far too close to the point that the person next to us made a comment upon our choice of food, as we both had the same meal! Problem I thought not, they were foreign and then spent the meal laughing at us, how I stopped myself from throwing it over him I will not know! And then for badness we choose the same sweet desert. Not everyone is friendly and found the Hotel lacking any atmosphere. The food is good and plentiful , choose the fish and carvery for fresh, the veg is miserable overcooked and seems frozen. But the staff very helpful and one day I asked for gravy and it appeared. The sweets very repetitive, but lots of fruit and cheese. Found the white wine very hard to drink also the fizzy water, but there is plenty of shorts on hand if you like them. The entertainment is ok but the seating in there terrible, just needed the pop corn and you could have been in the pictures! Also needed to wear a coat to sit in the bar freezing the heaters useless, and they cannot wait to switch them off at 12.00.

Had a upgrade room so in the old Hotel lots of wasted space there a lovely area but not serviced shame, as would have used it as most nights we played cards and it was warm. Quite a walk to have meals glad I bought my flat shoes on the ,"'stairway to heaven" as it was rather slippy. Our room was lovely the difference being that they are larger, carpeted throughout and two very comfortable armchairs and comfortable beds. Only two or three English stations on a large flat screen tele, no wifi in room. Pool area very nice and managed a swim very clean and tidy gardens. Quite location with walks either way out of Hotel. Would not return too big for me over 1500 guests when full.

Room Tip: Old part for a peacefully location, but be prepared to walk for meals.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

The rooms are small compared to many others we have stayed in. The decor is dated and the towels could do with renewing as they are looking old.
The buffet restaurant is not big enough to accommodate the number of guests staying in the hotel. It resembles a cattle market and the seating is so close together that you can hold hands with the people on the next table.
However the speciality restaurants are a different story altogether. The staff are attentive and friendly and the ambience is relaxed as you would expect which is entirely in contrary to the buffet restaurant. The food quality is good throughout.
The staff are all friendly and helpful throughout the hotel.
The hotel is clean throughout.
There is no free WiFi available and in this 4 star hotel one would expect it. To purchase it is expensive.
The drinks list is also limited compared to other all inclusive hotels on the island.
Not what I would expect from a Riu hotel.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room ask to say in the "extended section" of the hotel. In the furthes...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one week with my family on January. With the price that we paid for the trip (flights included so it is difficult to guess the exact hotel price), I have to say that the quality of our stay was a very positive surprise!

We arrived two hours before the official check-in time which was at 2 PM, but we were offered a room immediately and we also got to enjoy the all inclusive service with food and drinks already at noon.

The hotel itself is basically split into three areas:

1. Main building with hotel rooms, restaurants, some events and other programme, bars open until midnight, pools and children's area
2. Another building with hotel rooms, a bar open until 6 PM and pools
3. Family rooms between the two buildings

Our room was called a "family room" and it had two bedrooms, a large bathroom with bathtube and two sinks, and a separate living room area with sofa, some chairs, kitchen table, small CRT TV and a fridge. Outside of the door, there was a terrace with chairs and table. The baby bed for our 1.5 years old son was awaiting in the room when we arrived.

The room would have been perfect without one major weakness: the two double beds, one in each bedroom, were both lousy. They were almost too small for two normal sized people to fit into and mattress quality was close to unacceptable: hard, bumpy and shaky. But this really is pretty much the only thing to complain about.

We asked for a family room which is as close to the main building restaurants and bars as possible and also got one. However, our baby monitor did not reach the restaurant area and we had to stay late evenings in our room. Though picking the drinks from the bar 200 meters away was not too big effort. The furthest family rooms were quite far away from the main building so this is something that you might want to consider when booking a room.

The food was very good, though I would have appreciated a little more variance between different days. There were plenty of choices to pick with. The fish dishes were always really good. The two theme restaurants (Asian, Mexican/Canarian) were also on the same level and provided some variety for the dinners.

The bar offered good enough beer and decent red wine. In my opinion, white wine and rose wine were unfortunately below the decent level. The bar had a nice selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks which were also all included without additional charges.

The service everywhere was exceptional even without tipping! Staff were friendly, fast and helpful. It was especially noticeable in the restaurants. The children got special attention and staff made their best to keep them happy.

I was not so much into the entertainment, but it was also in a good level. There was daily all kinds of activity for the children older than 4 and in every evening, the kids got to play, sing and dance in the theater before the adults' entertainment started. The adults' shows were mostly enjoyed by older people, however, on the last evening the "Crazy Show" got even myself laughing.

The checkout from the rooms is at 11 AM, but if I understood it right, the all inclusive service for the guests continues until midnight.

I would definitely recommend this hotel especially for families. You could not expect better value than what you will get here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

My Wife and I arrived in early December 2013. I had paid extra for a (superior room). Don't waste your money. Upon arrival we handed in our passports to the reception and directed to the restaurant. This was at 1.30 pm and could not beleive our eyes when we saw the wonderful food. After a quite brilliant experience we were shown where our room was located. Could not beleive just how far away it was, a solid 8 mins walk if not more away. Have never ever stayed in a hotel so BIG. Thank goodness I paid a porter to take the luggage for us. Just what we need after a four hour flight. When inside the room we inspected the layout. the view of the pool was obstructed by a large palm tree. Just caught the corner of the pool. Is that what you call with a pool view? Then when it came to flush the toilet, IT DID NOT FLUSH. Was the room inspected properly before we arrived. Simple answer NO. A call to reception brought the ported back. He could not work it so he got hold of the hotel plumer. He too could not fix so said he had to fit a complete new flush system. By the time it was sorted it was around one hour so we could not empty the luggage incase we got moved. Wish we got moved. Upon empting the cases two drawer handles came off and half the others wer well loose. The wall which forms the shower and next to the bed was completely damp with flaking paint and plaster caused by poor sealing. The bath come shower was super small and very dark. My Wife hated it.Did report to reception and reps Thompson but nothing was done. The room was 3368. We were there for only a week so we put up with it. That was two star but the rest of the hotel four star plus. The main restaurant was brilliant and the staff so friendly, nothing was too much. Quality food and service. Nightly entertainment well all I will say is they tried. The seats in there were no better than sitting on the wall. If you wanted a good view you had to get in there early. If you arrived just before the shows you mostly had no view at all because of great pillars everywhere. We would go early and take it in turns to get up and walk around the bar area to get the circulation going again. Sound system very average.Reception were good and the cleaners lovely. Everyone so friendly. I would not bother going on coah tours as really not much to see and not worth the money. Hire a car as roads pretty empty mostly. Visit the Music Hall Tavern just 10 mins up the road or two mins in a cheap taxi. Fantastic shows and pay the little extra for the free bar. Hotel a short distance from the airport with plenty of bars near by. Go all inclusive. I really think I was robbed of the extra money for a room so average.

Room Tip: Dont waste your money on a so called Superior room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We arrived late and were offered food but there was only some cold salad and pasta so I went to bed hungry. When we checked into our room my heart sank as it was dank and underwhelming- I imagine the room allocation may have had something to do with me and my boyfriend both being 21 and so they may have imagined that I would not complain....unbeknownst to them I am both well traveled and the daughter of a travel agent...After complaining at reception, we were generously upgraded to a beautiful room for which we were most grateful for.

The hotel was very busy when we visited, despite it not being peak season, and it was felt in certain areas; the restaurants were very crowded (although this did not impact on food availability as it was cooked freshly in front of you and regularly replenished), and sunbed availability was not always great.

Food was fantastic and I really cannot understand the complaints regarding it within people's reviews; there was always choice, variation and show cooking available. The BBQ Pork ribs deserve their own special mention...

Drinks at the various bars were always of an excellent standard, and the local spirits were much better than what I expected. We decided to visit the disco one evening, and it was actually great fun.

The surrounding areas are worth a visit for more bars, shops and restaurants. There are amenities available both to the left and the right of the hotel, so you will not get bored.

Overall, the hotel is clean and modern (unless you get put in our original room.....!), the staff aren't overly personable but are polite enough so mustn't grumble. The holiday was good value for money and whilst I wouldn't go back, I would recommend it.

Room Tip: From what I could gather, the rooms across the long walkway are the ones you want to aim for- they a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort? Share your experiences!