just back from our first all inclusive holday. the riu paraiso was very good. the hotel is huge but dont let that put you off, its right next to the beach, in between matagorda and puerto del carmen. from the moment you get there the staff are pleasant and helpful. the rooms were spotlessly clean and well equipped. hotel over 3 floors with adequate lifts. we used the pool area nearest the main reception - heated adults and childrens areas, plenty of sunbeds and despite there being numerous germans there was no need to be up at the crack of dawn to stake a claim on them! gardens and surrounding area were kept pristine really couldnt fault the hotel on that front. the hotel is situated about 5-10 mins walk from puerto del carmen and about 15- 20 mins from matagorda its all on the level and suitable for people in wheelchairs/walking frames. beautiful coastline, and again, spotless.
food in the various restaurants - main,asian and mexican/canarian all cooked fresh and to a high standard. for all but the main restaurant you have to book ahead(2 sittings 6.15pm- 8.15pm)
buffet bars were all well stocked during the day with pasta/burgers/hot dogs/pizzas/chips/salad and fresh fruit/ice cream etc if you are so inclined, you could literally stuff your face from morning till night and have no complaints (unless you are a serial whinger,like some on here seem to be!)
would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, was disappointed to be be coming home. the entertainment staff work their backside off to make everyone, young and old have a good time, some of the "professional" acts however would get paid off in any working mans club! boney m and abba have had their day i think!
i would have given the paraiso 5 stars accept for one or two little niggles(and in no way let it put you off)
plenty of choice of drink both alcoholic and non alcoholic available - however none of a brand you have heard of and we couldnt find anything particularly that you would want to indulge in a lot of.
the block we were staying in the hotel - the walls were paper thin and you could almost join in next doors conversation.
the gymnasium- is a joke with half the equipment not working and no free weights.
admittedly, minor niggles, however if rectified i would definitely give this top marks, on the whole, a very well ran hotel, enjoy people! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 30 m from Playa de los Pocillos beach * Two 2-story main buildings and 1 or 2-story annexes * 2 km from Puerto del Carmen * 400 m from various shops * 8 km from the airport * 300 m from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Venere and Tingo so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Hotel
- Riu Paraiso Lanzarote
- ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort Puerto Del Carmen