“Great place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 94 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
warwickshire
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Spent a week here from 8th october to 15th october after a couple of days,my husband became ill with a bed leg and confined to room.All staff from reception to restaurant were really helpfull and always there for me.The room was spacious and well equipped,cleaned every day ,had a lovely balcony with pool and sea views.pool area lovely and clean.We were all inclusive which turned out to be a excellent choice,good variety of dishes,staff service excellent.would definetly recommend a stay at lanzaplaya,Plan to return next year.Thanks again for all your help it was much appreciated from both of us

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Relaxia L, Director de Recepción at Relaxia Lanzaplaya Apartments, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Nicola,
thank you for your opinion, we appreciate your words and we are pleased you have enjoyed your stay with us. We will be happy to see you again next year.
Untill then, we wish you a nice winter and all the best from
Relaxia Lanzaplaya team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Arrived on 8th October, was told that our room was taken due to a large tour operator (first choice) having a delayed flight! Meaning a room in an adjacement hotel was booked for us. Can't believe they couldn't of put them in the other hotel rather than us and to be honest couldn't really believe the likelyness of the story Martin was telling us. Anyway we had a great time either way as it made the stay, as we had two hotel experiences and obviously had the all inclusive facilities available in lanzaplaya while we were at the other hotel. Apart from the first night experience, I must say the food was excellent, there was enough variety, and if you like pork you will love it :) even my girlfriend who can be a little on the fussy side with her food liked it- so great times there. Franco and Carlos get you a drink as soon as you sit down, so all inclusive is real good as they constantly keep you topped up. We were in room 7203 which was, I'd say probably the best row of rooms their as they overlook the pool, have sea views and get the sun from mid-day. Was told on the first day that we would have a good room as a result of the room not being free- didn't fully believe it at the time and I would of made a fuss had we not had a good view as a result of our inconvenience. Overall a great clean place, few ants- but they seemed friendly, great food, great service, great pint, not watered down spirits and a very clean and well kept resort. Definitely recommend this hotel and resort. (Young couple from Devon)

• Stayed October 2012
Blackburn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Spent a week here with 2 friends. Checking in was quick and easy (Martin the receptionist very helpful). Allocated room 4104 which is up a few steps but in a good position, not too far from the pool but far enough away from the bars ot to hear any noise at night.

The room was well equipped but had to buy bigger cups from the shop for a decent sized brew in the morning!!! No kettle in the room but a quick word to Martin and one was delivered along with extra pillows that were requested. Bathroom was very modern with a good showing that had plenty of hot water.

Pool great but there was a bit of a rush to for sunbeds in the morning - most of them were taken by about 8.30 am.

Hotel was a 2 minute walk to the main part of the strip. You do get pestered a little by the touts but we learnt to block them out. As usual Pinocchio's was good for food as was Universo.

On check out day there was no courtesy room as they apartments were fully booked but that is the worst thing I can say about the Lanzaplaya.

Checking out prices for the same time next year!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Scarborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Right here goes..Location..Great..Staff..Friendly and Helpfull..Apartments..Clean and Tidy..Food..Always something to please..15 euro taxi ride from airport..Pool area..Nice and Clean..Sunbeds ..Plenty.. Beds in apartments..Hard but that suited me..Will we go back YES!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Newton abbot
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Me and my mum stayed at Lanzaplaya Apartments for 4 nights from 1st October 2012. We arrived at 1pm and were greeted by friendly staff at reception, who checked us in and gave us directions to our apartment, room 6212. We did have a fair few steps to negotiate but that didn't bother us.

Our apartment was on the top floor and had lovely views across to the mountains and beach. It also overlooked the kids play area but I only ever saw one child in there all the time I was around. The apartments were clean and adequate for what we required (somewhere to sleep and chill between exploring the island. The cleaners came most days and took all rubbish, sweeped floors and changed towels once.

The only negatives were that the beds were a little uncomfortable, and did hurt my back a bit, thre was no kettle (which disappointed my mum but we found a good place to go to get one), or washing up stuff provided and due to closeness to pubs and bars if your a light sleeper you can hear some noise at earlier hours of the morning from them. It didn't really bother me though.

We never ate at the complex restaurants, instead we made our own breakfasts and lunches and ate out at local restaurants in the evening, all of which were very good quality food.

the apartments are conveniently located for exploring Puerto Del Carmen with the beach approx 2 mins away.

I would definitely return here again, however they could do with better mattresses!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We have just got back ,today, from the Lanzaplayer... On the whole I thought it was really good for the money we had paid. There were more positives than negatives. The first thing is GET A TAXI to the resort for about 15 euro rather than paing for a transfer. We landed at 12.05pm and was at the Lanzaplayer 30 mins later. The taxi taked about 10 mins. We went sc but were ging to go AI. I am soooo glad we decided not to. There is no entertainment at all in the hotel so people just sat around the pool bar at night. You would NEED to go out. I cant comment on the food as we did not eat there even though you ahd the option to upgrade for a day, 2 days etc to AI if you wish. The pool was nice and warm, but was not huge, so dont take a lilo, but the pool area was clean. The room was cleaned most most days, we had clean towels and bed linen was reguIarly changed. The shower was powerful and the hairdryer was good. The reception staff were friendly (but Carlos on the bar was grumpy) Location in the resort was good for access to all of the bars and restaurants, however the downside of this was that you could hear them at night (if you went to bed before about 2pm) This did not bother me but my partner struggled to get to sleep some nights. I know that people have complained about things like - no kettle - but there was a saucepan you could boil water in for a brew / the glass panel between the bedroom and bathroom did let light in if you used the bathroom at night, but was not a major problem / the beds were very firm which I found fine but my partner prefers a softer bed so slept on the sofa a couple of nights / we had 2 english speaking chanels, although it says there are 3 (you dont go on holiday to watch TV though) You did have to be out early to get a sunbed, we did always manage to get one but I think this is because we went towards the end of the season. There are loads of really good restaurants with in a 5 - 10 minute walk in either direction of the appts. The American Indian has a fab band on every night, we also spent time in the Galleon. This bar did really nice home cooked food and hte staff were really nice. We went to the "capital" Arriciffe, on the bus one day (cost 1.65 euro). This was a little disappointing, we had a better day in Player Blanco (2.75 euros) where they have the market (this does close at about 2pm though). Dont take any notice of the bus times as they just turn up when they feel like it. I enjoyed my holidayand think that you get what you pay for..... People that moan about things like "no kettle in the room" and "only 1 english channel on TV" and "room not cleaned foe 2 days" should put their hand in their pocket and pay for a better quality palce to stay. There are about 40 other places in Lanzarotte that are rated higher on here than the Lanzaplayer - choose one of those !

Room Tip: Rooms around the pool area are going to be quieter ALSO as there is no air con or fans I would reque...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Coleraine, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

arrived early evening to be told that because we had requested a room with a view we couldn't get it until the next day so we would accommodated in 'the manager's apt.(This was a room that didn't even have a window in the living area, only light could be got by keeping the door to the room open!It was also near the bottle bins for the hotel and from 4am all I could hear was loads of bottles being thrown into the bins!! So got little sleep!!)
I found this very strange as it was only a request and didn't think it should have warranted us not getting our room. Turned out when i queried the reason again I was told the hotel had a group of people whose flight had been cancelled and they all had to stay on another night. I would have preferred to be told the truth from the start instead of making it out that they were trying to accommodate my request as these things happen and is no one's fault.
I complained to the receptionist who checked us in and he spoke to his manager and we were offered breakfast every morning(we were there on self catering basis) and dinner on the night of our arrival as a way of an apology for the inconvenience which I appreciated and accepted.
We got our room at around 1.30pm and the room was adequate for the price we paid.
Some minor faults included no kettle!! Never been to a self catering apartment before that didn't supply a kettle!! Only 1 English speaking channel despite the information pack saying there was three and the bathroom had a big panel of opaque glass between it and the bedroom.. every time we needed to go the bathroom in the middle of the night the other person was disturbed by the light shining through.. beds most uncomfortable I have ever had to sleep on.
The most important point to be made is about the housekeeping.
It was meant to be done 5 times a week... didn't happen in our case... we got into our room on the Tuesday and Friday was the first day we got our room serviced...and even then we didn't get our towels changed!! When I complained I was told 'but your room was serviced on Tuesday!!!'. I would like to think the room was serviced on the Tuesday as it was used by different people on the Monday!! Was told that it would be serviced everyday until our departure... didn't happen. Room wasn't serviced on the Saturday but was done on the Sunday and we were leaving on the Monday.
Bar staff were very friendly and breakfast was very well organised. and the location of the hotel was great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Relaxia Lanzaplaya Apartments? Share your experiences!