Recently returned from a 9 night stay at the Nautilus with our Granddaughter aged 5.
We love the area of Matagorda and have travelled there on numerous occasions over the years, having stayed in a variety of accommodations. I can honestly say that from my experience the Nautilus is the best self catering accommodation we have found in the area. We have stayed at the Nautilus on many occasions previously, only staying elsewhere when they have been full and unable to accommodate us. As we were taking our Granddaughter, who had just recovered from serious illness we wanted the best and only the Nautilus was going to be considered.
We requested a poolside apartment with a bath but due to the fact that this combination doesn't exist, on arrival, we were given the choice of either poolside or a lovely apartment which had a bath, both had been reserved for us to choose from (great service). We decided on the poolside location and stayed in a lovely 2 bedroom apartment just perfectly positioned by the children's pool. The apartment was well equipped for self catering (much better than others we have used in the area) and spotlessly clean. The service was second to none with the towels changed 3 times a week, bedding changed every week with the apartment being swept, tidied and beds made every day except Sunday.
The complex is quiet and peaceful and well positioned for the amenities in the area. It has a small supermarket on site and caters very well for people with disabilities.
The reception staff are lovely and really go out of there way to help you, a fact borne out when out Granddaughter became ill and we needed to take her to the local hospital. The reception staff advised us and made all the necessary arrangements for getting to and from the hospital and then being able to pick up the medication from a pharmacy later on following treatment.
The area of Matagorda is quiet but has everything needed for a nice relaxing holiday including local supermarket, restraunts and bars and a few shops. The more lively area of Puerto del Carmen is a 60 minute stroll or 10 minute taxi ride away.
Over the past few years we have tried most of the local restraunts and feel that the Sirocco and La Brisa are both good quality and excellent value. The Sirocco does get very busy at lunch time so be prepared to sometimes be patient when waiting for service however the people who work there work very hard and are usually on the ball.
We had need for a pharmacy for "over the counter medication" and used the one a short distance towards the Los Jameos. Be aware that this is a Herbal Pharmacy. We were not aware of this and paid top price for anti-histamine medication we felt was not effective. If Herbal is your preference fine, just not for us.
We will definitely be returning to the Nautilus and feel that it is a home from home and would definitely recommend to people travelling to the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort includes single and double apartments (28 of them mobility-friendly). You will enjoy a qualified service in an exceptionally quiet environment, environmentally friendly and with original works of art present both in common areas and in every bungalow. Two acclimatised swimming pools (one for small children, the other equipped with a water-powered lift for 120kg) and a bar-restaurant are also at our clients´ disposal. We also have a bungalow known as “casa del artista”, specifically adapted for the needs of artists that contribute to our varied collection of works of art. You can enjoy long walks or bike-rides in the avenue bordering the beaches, as well as all shopping and entertainment options offered by Puerto del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Nautilus Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nautilus Bungalows Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Nautilus Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Nautilus Bungalows Lanzarote
- Nautilus Resort Puerto Del Carmen
- Nautilus Lanzarote Puerto Del Carmen