I've just returned from 10 days in Costa Sal apartments in Matagorda. It was most enjoyable and I agree wholeheartedly with all the comments about helpful staff and cleanliness. We had a standard apartment. We were happy with it although if possible, I would recommend having a superior one. They looked really attractive inside.
The little supermarket onsite is extremely useful in that it means that you don't have to carry heavy items like milk or water up the hill. It has quite a good range of products.
The weather was very windy when we were there - practically gale force winds most days. We went into Puerto Del Carmen a good deal and it is my impression that it is not as exposed as Matagorda and that wind was not such a problem there. We took both taxis and buses to go into Puerto Del Carmen. Reception ordered taxis very willingly and they arrived almost immediately. Buses were frequently extremely packed and uncomfortable, although very cheap. The bus -stop is very conveniently located. Taxis were also very well-priced - about 6 euros each way. It is possible that some holiday-makers may feel a little "cut-off" by being in Matagorda rather than Puerto Del Carmen - it is worth bearing this in mind when choosing accommodation. However, on the plus side, Matagorda is just about 5 minutes by taxi from the airport, although the airport does not give any problems by being so close.
Costa Sal is an enormous complex - based on the small typically Canarian layout of two storeys surrounding a pool. Initially it can be quite difficult to find your way around but it is well laid-out with several exit gates. In terms of value, the price is extremely competitive.(I understand that the complex is embarking on an extensive revamping in the coming months in anticipation of an upgrade from 3 to 4 stars. I hope that it will be possible for prices to remain competitive). Breakfast was more than adequate although a more extended layout and choice would be good.
A few small suggestions - which must be taken in the context of the reasonable cost: 1. Could some cushions be provided in standard apartments in order to ensure comfort while sitting on very wide sofa. 2. Could the breakfast fruit salad have a little more variety - it's mostly apple. 3. One of our mattress protectors was very plastic and noisy and wrinkled badly under the sheet which made it uncomfortable - perhaps that could be replaced.
Overall, Costa Sal is run smoothly, unobtrusively and efficiently. Well done to all concerned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costa Sal.... The hotel that brings the definition " Home away from Home" to life! We pride ourselves on making our guests feel like family. From you arrival in our bright and modern reception area, where you are greeted by one of our very friendly receptionists. To the Bar/ Restaurant/ pool bar.You are always made to feel welcome and at home. We offer a wide range of options for single travellers, couples, friends and families. Everything from compact studios to luxury villas complete with hot-tub. Many reasons why our guests come back year after year! So read our guests feedback here on this forum. And get booking! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Costa Sal Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Sal Apartments Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Costa Sal Apartments Matagorda
- Costa Sal Apartments Hotel Matagorda
- Costa Sal Apartments Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen
- Costa Sal Lanzarote