“Good Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Costa Sal Apartments

You added Costa Sal Apartments to your Saves list
Costa Sal Apartments
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Diagonal 6 | Matagorda, 35510 Puerto Del Carmen, Lanzarote, Spain   |
Special Deal
Save €22 on select meals
Ranked #1 of 96 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
swindon
“Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Just returned after 2 week stay on half board. Food was generally very good with large portions,there could have been more variety at breakfast. Staff were extremely helpful and efficent especially Mandy and Nicky. Stayed in superior appartment which was very spacious.I did have a couple of complaints,pool side towels were not supplied,and there was a lack of sushades around the pool area.Overall a good holiday.

Room Tip: Try to book room near reception and restaurant as some of the apartments are some way away and are n...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Costa Sal has to be the best apartments I've stayed in. The whole complex was stunning and so clean. The staff were so friendly and helpful and any problems or questions we had were answered to the best they could. The apartment we stayed in was just beautiful and so huge felt like i was at home. It was only 10 minutes to the town in a taxi and it was very cheap. The bar Staff were excellent and so friendly always had a smile on their faces. One bar man that i thought was just excellent was Matthew. He was very friendly and Attentive to everyones needs. He always had a smile on his face and always chatted away and made us feel welcome. He answered anything we needed and if he couldnt he would ask around till he got it. I would highly recommend going to Costa sal if in Lanzarote because i know i will be back as soon as

Room Tip: I would recommend if you have trouble moving around or have small kids i would get a room near the r...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Gerhanlon, Director of Sales at Costa Sal Apartments, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
What a great opening line!
Best apartments you have stayed in. All the Team at Costa Sal are very proud when we read reviews like this . We strive to offer excellent accommodation and service. It is a pleasure to be recognised for this.

Thank you for taking the time out to write your review and to share it with the many people who use Tripadvisor.

I will pass your comments on to the Maintenance and cleaning staff who work so hard to keep things looking pristine.
And course to the lovely cheerful Matthew who as you say always has a smile on his face.

We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again to Costa Sal in the very near future.

Thanks again for your fantastic review
Dublin Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I was fortunate to spend four weeks recently in the Costa Sal Apartments and did not want to come home. If I had the money I would go back there every couple of months. The apartment was lovely and extremely clean thanks to Loli who came in five days a week and cheerfully cleaned up for me.

I ate in the Bar/Restaurant run by Robbie and Geraldine and found the food and staff brilliant - nothing was too much trouble. A special thanks to Greg who served my drink and to Mandy for always being cheerful and feeding me in the mornings. To Sandra, Dave,Janice and especially "Jack" you could not have done more for me and the food was super so much so that I did not want to eat any place else.

To Nuala in the supermarket for steering me in the right direction on what to buy and for the loan of all those books thank you.

I am sure I am leaving people out for that I am sorry but I can honestly say I did not meet one grumpy or unhelpful staff member -pity I can't say that about all the guests!!

Room Tip: I stayed facing the swimming pool just down from reception which suited me as I could see all the co...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
What better compliment could we receive, but that you did not want to go home after 4 weeks with us. That says is all !

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

It is always a pleasure to see our regular customers come back time and time again. And know that they consider Costa Sal to be home from home.

I will pass your comments on to Loli who will be very happy to have got a mention.And the fact that you did not want to eat anywhere else, well i think that also speaks volumes. And I will pass on all your praise to the great bar and restaurant staff.

I think as most readers will see from all our wonderful reviews, as well as the great accommodation we offer, the staff really are the jewel in the crown. The whole team at Costa Sal are very proud to get the recognition ( that I think they deserve) for doing a great job. And they are always as you say very cheerful.

It was also from all our point of view, as usual a pleasure to have you with us again.

Thanks again for your lovely review and we hope to see you back again very soon.

Keep doing the lotto! Then you can , as you wish, spend every couple of months with us!
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Had a very enjoyable two weeks at the Costa Sal Apartments. We had a Huge apartment overlooking the top pool, and with a sea view , and well appointed with very comfortable beds, a Huge bathroom , and a lounge / kitchen diner, with a smart leather sofa, and with a large tv, which had bbc, and rte channels. The staff at the Costa Sal , are very friendly, and accommodating and go out of their way to help you. I would not hesitate to recommend this property.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Gerhanlon, Director of Sales at Costa Sal Apartments, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us in Costa Sal, and we hope you will be back with us again in the near future.
I will pass on your comments to the staff , who really appreciate positive feedback from our guests.
Thanks again for sharing this with our future guests.
Renfrew, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

great clean complex,all staff are pleasant,nothing too much bother.situated in a quieter area of matagorda but still close to shops,bars and restaurants. we have stayed there in a number of occasions,2 bed bungalows have recently been refurbished. 4 euro taxi ride takes you into the busier puerto del carmen, this complex is a real gem and only 5 minutes from the airport but little airport noise,almost feel as if i dont want to praise it as i want it all to myself

Room Tip: quieter away from top pool,but there are many bungalows in a more remote part of the complex
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review of The Costa Sal. I was really pleased to read that you had such an enjoyable stay and that you found our staff so hospitable. We strive to achieve excellent customer service so I'm delighted you were so impressed. I'll pass your lovely comments on to the staff. Many thanks again for your feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us. And we hope to see you back again with us soon.
Lanarkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Great value for money. Hidden in matagorda area. Spotless, comfortable and staff very helpfully. Modern and have everything you need. No need to spend extra on an upgrade as there's not much difference except space. Cleaner comes a bit late in the day.ie around 3pm but other than that no complaints. Well worth adding to your holiday short list if you don't want te hustle and bustle of busy puerto del carmen. Lots of good restaurants and taxi rank within five minute stroll. 5 euro into town centre.

Room Tip: Villas have private terrace and sun beds and all south facing views of the seafront
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Many thanks for the lovely review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with other future guests.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and I was delighted to read you describing us as a hidden gem. We hope to see you back again in the not too distant future and thanks again for writing your review.
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I had a week in costa sal before going on to playa blanca. I chose it because of good reviews and my expectations were exceeded!
Plus points: near bars restaurants,shops etc. Very friendly and helpful reception, choice of luxury accommodation if preferred or basic (which according to people I spoke to round the pool was still very good) I had an updated apartment and it was lovely. The pool is clean, the bar is friendly and you can either have peace and quiet if you want or join in socially. Majority of clients were British and pleasant....of all ages. I thought Matagorda was perfect for relaxing and there was every choice of restaurant you would need and friendly bars. It was great you can get through the bottom gates of Costa Sal so you dont need to walk up the hill after going out.
Minus points: steps and steep pathways in parts..ask for a room near the reception/pool area to avoid this The area could potentially be too quiet for some..but the bus stop is right outside hotle to get you into puerto del Carmen main bit....only 5 minutes awayNothing else Loved IT!! TIP you can catch the number 61 (playa blanca) bus from and to the airport for less than 3 euros....it drops you off right outside the Costa Sal..it is the first stop from the ariport and takes about 10 minutes..just make sure you tell the driver where you are going or ring the bell as you turn into the main resort area.

Room Tip: Get one near the reception/pool if you have problems with mobiltiy
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Many thanks for the lovely review and for taking the time to write it.
We do appreciate your feedback and thank you for giving the other guests your excellent tips on the bus service.
We are so glad you enjoyed the complex and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us very soon.
Thanks again for the review.

Been to Costa Sal Apartments? Share your experiences!