“We stayed here at the end of June for 1 week” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Costa Sal Apartments

You added Costa Sal Apartments to your Saves list
Costa Sal Apartments
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Diagonal 6 | Matagorda, 35510 Puerto Del Carmen, Lanzarote, Spain   |
Ranked #1 of 94 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“We stayed here at the end of June for 1 week”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here at the end of June for 1 week.
The transport from the airport was great your on and off within 10mins as its so close to the airport. (the airport closes after midnight so noise isn't an issue)

The reception staff are very polite and informative and will help with anything.
We payed very little money to stay here for a week it was around 100 each which was a bargain.

Our room was one of the older rooms which hadn't been renovated but what do you expect for the price? The Aircon in the room isnt great there are plenty of english TV channels for those who want to watch TV, The kitchen has everything you need cups,pans,plated ect ect. Our towels were not changed all week even though they said they are changed at least twice, but we used out own anyway.
The walls in the rooms are very very thin so you can hear your neighbours do EVERYTHING!

The complex is very well kept and the pools are very good with the choice between the 2. The smaller pool is much quieter if you are wanting to relax. We didn't eat at the restaurant but the menu looks cheap. The bar staff are all English

The onsite shop has all your basics for when you arrive i would suggest going to the spar down the road which is cheaper and has alot more choice when you are settled.

The area is great you can walk right upto the airport and watch the planed land! or walk down to purto del carmen which takes 30-40mins stroll. There are plenty if restaurants near the hotel if you want to eat out.

The beaches are well looked after and are raked everyday! the sea is also clear.

If I was to stay again i would recommend paying extra for one of the nicer rooms or even one of the bungalows they look nice to.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Gerhanlon, Guest Relations Manager at Costa Sal Apartments, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your holiday with us in Costa Sal.
Just to let you know, we are in the process of upgrading all apartments, and this should all be done in the next year or so. But we do price the standard apartments ( which you booked) differently to the superior units.
Also, the air con is on in the complex from July to September, so it would not have been operating at the end of June ( unless of course we get one of our few hot spells of the year, which I am glad to say,w e have not had yet this summer!)
The towels SHOULD be changed twice during your stay, and I apologise that this did not happen. If you had told reception, they would have sorted this for you on the spot. As you said, they are very helpful, as are the cleaning ladies, and this would not have been a problem.
Let me know if you are coming back again ( e mail me on geraldine.mcfadden@gmail.com) and I will make sure that you get very well looked after.
And do try the food in the Restaurant. It is very good quality, and reasonably priced!
We would like to thank you once again for taking the time to write this review. And we do hope to see you back again in the not too distant future.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Polish first
Dublin Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

hello there i was there in Late July 2012 until early August 2012 (10 days) with my folks, i work shift work and my folks recommended Matagorda Lanzarote for a chill out vibe location and i have to say impressed was an understatement, on arrival 10mins from the airport maybe 15? great location and spotlessly clean, we had one of the villas near the tennis court and it was very quiet with no distraction, lovely pool area and it was very busy due to the volumes of people attending (a good sign!) so we used the main pool near the bar in the afternoon with the light breeze it was bliss. whilst there we got news of relations getting married in italy this year (2013!) hence unable to return this year but gonna make this a yearly visit to costa sal. the staff very friendly and helpful every 2nd night one of the lads would drop down leaflets with events on - and to our surprise normally you might think that the shows are tacky but the elvis show was the buisness! great craic and the food was amazing!!!!! (fillet steak devine!!!!) and we had large portions value for money (crazy!) then a short stroll to the auld triangle for some karaoke and a nice promenade walk - thank you for the impeccable service so impressed i want to book 2014's dates this year ;-)

Room Tip: didnt use the fitness centre so wont pick one ;) - great location!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

was recommended this hotel/apartment block by friends of ours, and from our stay there in early June I can understand why. We booked the holiday originally through a online agency and then realised that we had booked a studio with no balcony or terrace. I contacted the hotel (mercedez was the girls name.....super helpful) and was able to upgrade our room no problems and just pay them a small amount extra on arrival. On arriving at our room, i'm glad I upgraded as it was just fab and spotless.....and overlooked the salt water pool.

Sitting room/kitchen was spotless and very very spacious, same with bathroom and bedroom. Cleaned every day and fresh towels provided 4 times in the week. reception staff couldn't do enough for you as well as the bar staff. ate one night in the restaurant, food was amazing but a little pricey. only one let down on the week was the price of the lunch menu and some drinks, lunch portions were not massive but pricey enough and depending on what you were drinking some of the alcohol was nearly priced the same as what we pay at home......but in fairness I wouldn't fault the hotel for that....its a minor thing.

all in all I would highly recommend this hotel for singles, couples or families. I can fully understand why we kept meeting families, couples etc at the pool area who said they were coming back here for the past 3, 5, 10 + years.

Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed in the the Costa Sal apartments in August 2011 with my husband & teenage son, have been going to Matagorda for the last 8 eight years, but had never stayed in the Sal, like all the other guests I have to agree it is the best complex to stay in, if you are staying in Madagorda. Each member of the staff is nicer than the next, the pool is fabulous, the food ( you have to try the barbecue night) is excellent and they are the cleanest apartments I have ever stayed in. Did not have a holiday last tear due to family illness, so looking forward to returning in August with Falcon holidays and my sister and her family her coming along also.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Gerhanlon, Guest Relations Manager at Costa Sal Apartments, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Once again, it gives me great pleasure to respond to your review. All the Team at Costa Sal are delighted when we read that our guests are returning. And what better compliment could we get than so much repeat business.
It is great that you have passed the word on to your sister and that she too is coming with her family. Please e mail me on geraldine.mcfadden@gmail.com and let me know details of your booking and I will make sure you get 2 nice apartments.
We take pride in the service that we provide to our guests. And thank you so much for your recognition of this.
Without blowing our own trumpet ( well maybe just a bit!!) I think we have the best staff and I know that over the years many of our guests are almost like family to them all. From reception ( who always give you a great welcome and are there to help you with anything they possibly can) , to cleaning staff ( such grafters) and the guys at Zest and Coopers. The Team in the Bar and Restaurant work so hard too to make sure that you all have a great time, and I think it is safe to say they do that with a smile ( and sometimes a song from Fiona too!)
But I think it is only fair to say, that you,the guests , make it easy for us, and very enjoyable! I think I might also wax lyrical and say in Costa Sal, we get the best guests! As they say in the Ad, Carlsberg dont do hotel guests, but if they did , they would be our lovely Costa Sal ones!!!
The BBQ night ( Tuesdays for those of you who have not been before) gets more popular I think by the week ( we had over 160 at it this week!) So I would suggest if you happen to be travelling on a Tuesday , send me an e mail beforehand to book a table.
Just also to let our guests know, we now have aircon in Zest. So if you happen to hit on a particularly hot week, you can have your lovely food in a nice cool Restaurant!
All that is left to say, is thank you so much to taking the time to write your review.
And we look forward to seeing you next month back with us all in Costa Sal.
Oh and , keep spreading the word!!
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here for 7 days and was so surprised by how amazing these apartments are! These apartments are very underated! They don't get enough praise! On arrival we upgraded to a luxury apartment for only €50! This apartment was fabulous! It was very well decorated and was very clean! The complex itself is also very well kept. The pools are lovely and there was always a free sun lounger around the pool. The complex is also very close to the beach and is only 5 minutes away from the main strip in a taxi. I can't comment on the food here as we ate out every day & night but from what I saw, it looked lovely! Would definitely return again

Room Tip: The luxury apartments are well worth the extra bit of money!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
What a lovely title! And thank you for writing your review! I do agree with you as I think that Costa Sal is totally underated! All the superior apartments , villas and villa suites are second to none ( in my humble opinion!) and they are hard to beat for space, standard and cleanliness.
It makes us all very happy at Costa Sal to read your review and we would all like to say we hope to see you back again soon.
Next time give the restaurant a try. You wont be disspointed!
Thanks again for the great write up!
Raheny,Dublin,Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I have just returned from a fabulous 10 night in Lanzarote. We visited friends for dinner in the Sal. I can not express how impressed I was with the complex. The place was spotless. The large swimming pool looked very very inviting. We on the sun terrace just outside the restraunt. There were 5 in our party. Not only was the food gorgeous but the presentation was top class. I think that the fillet steak I had was heaven. You nearly did not need a knife to cut it, and it was cooked to perfection. Our waitress " an English lady" was superb. And the barman " a Irish chap" we'll let's just say we could not have been looked after any better. Was was most surprising was when the bill arrived. 5 starters 5 main courses wine and a few beers less than €90. Bravo Bravo to that restraunt. I will defiantly eating there again on my next visit. Oh and if you go try the chicken liver pâté starter. MmmmmmmmmmM

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Gerhanlon, Guest Relations Manager at Costa Sal Apartments, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review, and especially as you were not even staying at the complex! We have over the last year, seen an increasing amount of people from outside eating in the complex. And many of them have" converted" and become fully fledged Costa sal guests! I know alot of people who come to us, own their own properties. But I am delighted to say that most of them also do a great job in promoting the complex. And are regular visitors to our restaurant. We aim to provide the best food at reasonable prices, and as other readers of this review will see, I think we suceed.
Thanks again for the review.
Pass the good news on!
And we hope to see you on your next visit to the island
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This hotel/ apartments was a pleasant surprise. The staff were warm, helpful and welcoming. We stayed in the luxury apartments which were very clean and well looked after. The complex met our needs lovely pool , restaurant etc. Would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us in Costa Sal.I will pass on your comments to the staff and the restaurant.
We hope you will tell your friends about Costa Sal, and we hope to see you back again soon.
If you are returning , drop me a line to geraldine.mcfadden@gmail.com.
Many thanks again for your comments.

Been to Costa Sal Apartments? Share your experiences!