I stayed here at Halloween for ten days with my husband and family. The apartments themselves are a bit on the expensive side compared to others but the bar and restaurant are excellent with reasonable prices. The girl who looked after us most often was Andrea originally from Dublin but now living in Lanzarote-she never seemed to stop in the restaurant, bar, supermarket etc. There was also a great guy in the bar named Michael-not Irish. We simply could not speak highly enough of both. Andrea in particular went way out of her way to tell us what was available locally, the name of a dentist and a doctor, suggest tours etc. When my husband was ill she brought us to a local doctors in her own car not the usual tourist places who rip you off.We cannot thank her enough for making our holiday in Lanzarote.
The food in the restaurant Zest on site was excellent and there was no problem to substitute veg you might not like etc. There was also plenty of choice for kids. Prices were an average of about 12 euro per person. for adults. Andrea also served in the adjacent bar but we met Michael here a bit more. Pleasant quick service and always with a friendly smile and chat.....and banter!!. The bar itself is quite spacious and had a superb big band on one of the nights. Barbeques are weekly and cooked on site by an Irish Chef-the clientele seems to be about 50% Irish some of whom told us they had been coming for over 10 years.
There is a main large pool with a smaller salt water pool on the complex. There is a mini market ( We met Andrea there too!!) with reasonable prices, a laundrette, tennis courts, pool table etc for guests. There are plenty of sun loungers. It is situated in Matagorda in a nice quiet area. There is a beach within ten minutes walk and Puerto Del Carmens 'strip' starts here. We will be back again and compliment the hotel on their great friendly and helpful staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costa Sal.... The hotel that brings the definition " Home away from Home" to life! We pride ourselves on making our guests feel like family. From you arrival in our bright and modern reception area, where you are greeted by one of our very friendly receptionists. To the Bar/ Restaurant/ pool bar.You are always made to feel welcome and at home. We offer a wide range of options for single travellers, couples, friends and families. Everything from compact studios to luxury villas complete with hot-tub. Many reasons why our guests come back year after year! So read our guests feedback here on this forum. And get booking! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Costa Sal Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Sal Apartments Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Costa Sal Apartments Matagorda
- Costa Sal Apartments Hotel Matagorda
- Costa Sal Apartments Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen
- Costa Sal Lanzarote