“great place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lomo Blanco Apartments

You added Lomo Blanco Apartments to your Saves list
Lomo Blanco Apartments
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Calle Guadarfia 1, 35510 Puerto Del Carmen, Lanzarote, Spain   |
belfast
“great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

returned from lomo blanco 19th april and absolutly loved it. we had a great relaxing week and the hotel is in a great position but wldnt suit people with walking difficulties. jimmy the barman, the waiter, the enertainer is the heart and sole of this wee hotel...without him i would never want to go back!!! staff all great apart from reception staff(they need to learn manners) im planning on going back again in june/july....oh and we met some great people from england southern ireland wales scotland and germany...great time had by all.

Room Tip: try and get a room without a big tree outside it makes the room very dark,
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
HGLOMOBLANCO, RECEPTION at Lomo Blanco Apartments, responded to this review, April 29, 2012
Dear Sir / Madam,
We greatly regret to be the reason of your disappointment during your holidays. There is no greater pleasure in our profession than a job well done, nor greater reward than the smile of a satisfied customer. In my name and the reception staff, please accept our sincere apologies if ever we were not able to be helpful or if our gesture was not to your liking. We highly value your comments and hope your next visit to be entirely to your satisfaction.
Teresa D.
Reception

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Polish first
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Hi just returned from Lomo Blanco where myself and my family have spent our Easter Holidays for the last four years in a row. As always we have had a fantastic time. The complex is located in a great position close to the Old Town, New Town and beeches. Playa Chica is has a great peer for swimming and a nice restaurant beside it. The reception staff in the complex are excellent and extremely helpful. Jim and his team in the bar/restaurant are great fun and have a different activity on each evening, great fun for all the family, the food is also quite good in the restaurant and pool bar. Don’t miss “Happy hour” from 4 to 5 at the pool bar for a nice relaxing drink. The rooms themselves are very spacious and the cleaning staff do a great job and are very obliging regarding clean towels etc. The main pool is chilly at this time of year and it also gets cold in the evenings so pack a fleece for night time. Don’t pay too much attention to some of the negative reviews such as the one below, some people love to moan, give Lomo Blanco a go and you will not be disappointed.

england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

We have stayed here twice now, both times with young children. The apartments are quite spacious in the bedroom area with usually two equally sized doubles and an OK living area. The kitchen area is quite basic but is ok for quick lunches and breakfasts. As for the review below that refers to a guest's children causing noise that would seem to be nothing at all to do with the hotel so it would seem unfair to judge the entire complex on that incident, as the place is full of families and my child had trouble sleeping on the first night - it's tough when they're small and moved to a new bedroom with black out shutters - We actually found it very family friendly, the small pool is perfect for small children, especially in the afternoon once it warmed up a bit (it is heated though) The grounds are well looked after, Jimmy at the bar is a nice guy, as are all the other Spanish staff too who were really nice with our kids. The rooms can be a little noisy as the soundproofing is lacking, especially if you are on the ground floor, but aside from that its a nice complex, well located five mins from both old & new town but in a quiet enough location. We had snacks from the bar, lunches etc and they were fine. The maid service is OK, they change beds, provide new towels and sweep / mop floors every two days but I think that the rooms could do with a deep clean now and again as under the beds and sofa was very dusty. I only know that because my child was trying to crawl around there not because I was going out of my way to check. I'd go back again as for the price per night its good value.

Room Tip: go for a first floor room - better balconies & quieter. If you're a couple and don't wan...
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I have a serious issue with the review detailed below, I am the parent of the child mentioned and certainly am not a "negligent" parent, under no circumstances would I leave my child unsupervised. Both myself, my husband, my 18 year old daughter and son of 12 were all in the apartment on the night in question at the time our son of 5 went out onto the balcony as he was afraid to go into our bedrooms as they were dark noting he was asleep on the couch. In light of the above I would appreciate if said comment was removed taking into consideration that my family and I are still staying in the apartments and would not like other guests to think I was a "negligent" parent. Otherwise I would have serious issues regarding defamation of character.

“Never ever again! Horrific experience! 2 nights from hell!”
Reviewed April 6, 2012 NEW......."

Galway, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Absolutely dreadful experience. A couple of members of my family experienced food poisoning after eating in the hotel restaurant - eat there at your peril! The hotel accomodation was noisy and difficult to get to sleep and on the whole the reception staff were curt and unhelpful.
The first night there, my husband and I were woken by a 4 year old child hysterical at 3.30am. He was alone on his balcony, screaming for someone to help him. Naturally we went out to help. He had been abandoned by his family while they went to the pub? (Happy holiday kid...) My husband had to stay outside with another woman as she didn't have great English, and together they spent about an hour calming the child, before the supposed security man brought him to the reception (he also had little English and was not equipped for this type of situation). We don't know when the negligent parents returned but we were both left very distressed after it all.
Our complaint made to the hotel was dismissed as I had booked through booking.com. Thankfully we only stayed here for the last 2 days of our holiday and we had stayed elsewhere prior.
Our advice - avoid this hotel!

Room Tip: Find somewhere else!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
HGLOMOBLANCO, Manager at Lomo Blanco Apartments, responded to this review, April 21, 2012
We sincerely regret Mrs.C.H. review on HG.Lomo Blanco. Such a bad impression cannot be ignored as we are well aware of the importance of a good service and we are always devoted to improve it.
On behalf of HG. Lomo Blanco I would like to clear certain matters:
First, regarding Mrs.H. statement about some members of her family suffering food poisoning in our restaurant, we are proud to inform that in HG.Lomo Blanco there is no record of poisoning since it was opened. Also, during their brief stay, they never mentioned it to any member of the staff. The restaurant complies with current legislation and the food served is of quality.
Second, HG.Lomo Blanco is well known for its quietness, location and for the nature of its customers.
Concerning the complaint about the staff, only to mention that they are our best asset by achieving the highest scores in surveys for its helpfulness and efficacy.
In relation to the problem mentioned by Mrs.H, it is true that a child woke up at night crying and left the apartment without his parents´ knowledge. We would like to thank Mrs.H and her husband for reporting the reception staff that took care of him until his parents were alerted.
It is also certain that Mr. H claimed for a free night due to all this. Obviously, we insisted that such complaints, although unpleasant, are not just and that we were not directly responsible. However, and following our line of efficiency, offered Mrs.H and her family a discount in price for her next visit.
They stayed only 2 nights in HG.Lomo Blanco and left on the 4th April quite early in the morning. As there was no complaint this time for the second night, we do not understand why those ´2 nights from hell´.
I repeat, we are unpleasantly surprised to read Mrs.H. review. We would have liked to satisfy her in other way but we also regret the serious damage her allegations could be causing to our image.
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my kids and my sister it was ok but it was too hot to sleep with no air con and no windows to open the main doors were glass patio doors wich got very hot plus all bedroom windows didnt open and ther was no window in bathroom felt very claustaphobic to be truthfull apart from that everything else was ok

• Stayed October 2011
Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Lovely modernised room with laminate flooring,separate bedroom and with kitchen. Big modern shower in bathroom, hairdryer included. The apartments which were recently refurbished are around the smaller pool. Nice to sunbathe near the main pool though as was easy listening music played from the bar. Friendly pool bar serving snacks and drinks. Happy hour between 4-5pm, two pints of lager for 2,50 euros, all drinks half price. Had own bar with very friendly barman called Jimmy who also did karaoke one evening for us which was fun to watch. Food in restaurant small portions. Amazing chinese restaurant at the bottom of the road upstairs on the corner for only 6 euros each for help yourself which was put out freshly from small pans every evening at 5pm, even included dessert. Beds were twins which there was nothing we could do about that. Made tasty edam and salami salad baguettes every day which we got the bread fresh every day from the spar nearby. Clients to this complex was a mixture of Norwegians, German and British but hardly and kids and no rif raf. Left my belongings in my top drawer on checkout, luckily we hadnt gone, when eventually realised, I went back to tell the receptionist and she had them all there with her in a bag the maid had left for me ! Impressed I was, very honest people working here.Thanks to all the staff at this complex, was a lovely holiday.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lomo Blanco Apartments? Share your experiences!