“way better than I expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cinco Plazas

You added Cinco Plazas to your Saves list
Cinco Plazas
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Anzuelo, 56, 35510 Puerto Del Carmen, Lanzarote, Spain   |
Ranked #11 of 96 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
“way better than I expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I have been to lanzarote a few times and this is easily the best place I stayed ( better than the popular farionies)

The staff are very friendly and helpful (except the bar staff). The Thompson reps are in the hotel nearly all day everyday and can't do enough for you.

The complex is spotless and rooms have every thing needed including a microwave coffee machine and six of all cups and plates ect... but air con. the only thing we needed to rent was a safe.

We never had a problem getting a sun bed even after lunch Aldo all the best places do go quickly.

overall I was very happy with my stay and will def stay in the cinco plaza if I return to lanzarote.

A couple of things that I would like to see improved when I return is: 1. the WiFi quality is not worth €18 a week.
2. while the staff in the complex are so friendly, the bar staff have a poor attidue.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

This was are first holiday to lanzarote and on arrival the hotel looked nice with nice bar area and pools. The rooms are basic and this was reflected in the price we paid to stay here, my pet hate is other people's hair in plug holes and to my horror there was hair in the bath plug hole, sink plug hole and baring in mind we,d only just got there was hair all over the floor, wasn't nice at all having to go round on the first day picking other people's hair up. The brush and the mop that are behind the door in the bathroom are filthy so there's no wonder the floor was below standard. Apart from that everything else was fine pool areas clean but you have to be quick for a sun bed people have got towels on the floor ready from the crack of dawn. Which is a little annoying especially when people put there towels on and the go out for the day!? Cannot understand that. There isn't all that much to do in puerto del carmen it's self and would recommend booking a couple of trips with Thomson. Some of the resturants are a little tacky but if you don't mind paying a bit extra for something i would recommend Cafe la ola or La Ola resturants they are set on balconies so when your eating your meal you have got a lovely sea view and the food is excellent! For breakfast we went in a bar called Africa every morning which is just above mulligans and have to say there breakfast is like home from home proper rashers of bacon and they also do the nicest pancakes! There is a steep hill up and down from the hotel and even we found it got a little tideouse towards the end of the week so people who find it difficult to walk I would not recommend this for you. The hotel is very Irish orientated which was not a problem as they were all friendly. Overall I don't think we would return here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Just returned from our second visit to Cinco Plaza and and read most of the other reviews have this opinion.
The 2 bed apartment was clean tidy and right next to the top pool so very handy,we had 2 fans one in each bedroom as this hotel as we new did not have Air Con and did us ok.
We had one fan broke down and I went to report it to the front desk and no sooner returned than the replacement was right behind me, excellent job.
The hotel is at the top of a steep hill but ok if the take it easy rather than try to rush with taxi available from the front desk.
On the MINUS point was the 9am rush for sun beds as there is limited sun shades available.
We found that our favourite music spot was the Usual Suspects at Mulligans Bar just at the bottom of the him catch them on u tube.
Plenty of eating places within a short distance with loads of choice.
As we had been here last year the only trip we did was the Texas Ranch evening show well worth the money and advise pay in full and if close enough use a taxi at only 4 Euro rather than 12 by the coaches and get the best seats.

Room Tip: We preferred the top pool away from the through traffic of people going to breakfast/Bar and recepti...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed at the cinco plaza from 29/8/13-5/9/13 and it was one of the best holidays I've ever had! In my party there were 3 of us; myself (17) my mum (46) and my friend (17) so we were all classed as adults for this hotel. Upon arrival to the hotel my mum realized she had left her purse on the plane so we got in touch with the Thomson reps that were at the hotel and they contacted the airline and managed to locate my mums purse and she was given it back the following day. We recommend that you go to the welcome meeting because the reps recommend different excursions and restaurants on the island. We went on the premium catalanza cruise and it was the best experience we've ever had, highly recommend! The hotel is lovely, all three pools are great sizes and all have lifeguards. We managed to get three sun loungers under an umbrella every morning and we only saw towels moved by lifeguards once during our holiday. Reception staff were lovely and polite. We had room 3241 which was an upstairs apartment, great size with a view of the main pool and out the back was the big supermarket and restaurant The Spinnaker. I brought wifi for my weeks holiday for 18euro but it only works around the pool and in the reception. We didn't want to leave and we will definitely be returning as we had no problems at all with the hotel or staff!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
devizes
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

just arrived back from cinco plaza on 13/9/2013 . well what can i say the place is terrible .the room we had 3104 was like a dungeon dull no sun light wall in front of us and the rear . even though i emaild the week before and asked for a sunny upstairs room got this place down stairs next to a food store with huge fan going day and night . we had cockroaches and not just 1 or 2 but loads every night all over the units and even in our bedroom . purhaps if the cleaners did there job they might not of been so bad ! have been staying in puerto del carmen for 28 years plus usually at the plaza azul wis we had stayd there this time as never had any problems there .would never stay at cinco plaza again or travel with thomsons

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Travelled in the first week of September with my boyfriend. On arrival, we were checked in promptly and were shown to our clean, large one bed apartment on the first floor. We then went to have a little look around, Cisco plazas are in such a brill location...down quite a steep hill is the main strip with lots of bars and restaurants, and across the road is the lovely sandy beach. You have to walk a little down the beach for sun beds though! We had two balconies so it was easy to create an airflow through the apartment...and then at night the hotel provided a fan so we personally found it was cool enough. No cockroaches in our experience, no late night drinkers or rowdy neighbours. Everyone kept themselves to themselves and we had no problems at all. Only one problem was the day it rained....our balcony flooded and it did not drain away. Maid did mop some up, but it rained again later that day so it was flooded again. Maid came in a couple of times in week to clean and changed beds once. Hired the safe which was easy to use. Didn't eat at hotel so cannot rate this, as there are loads of great eateries on the main strip...which isn't too busy. Only complaint was that you do get hassled slightly and staff try to encourage you in on the strip. Overall amazing holiday and we would definitely go again.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are great and you can create an airflow with the two balconies so its not too warm...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Newtown, Powys
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Having previously stayed in another area of Lanzarote (Costa Teguise) some two years ago, I found the area in general to be much nicer and altogether busier than any other area on the island put together.

Cinco Plazas was the ideal place to stay for two weeks during the height of the summer holiday season with my family. Upon arrival at the largely self-catered complex, we were subjected to a friendly, warm and prompt welcome by the excellent reception staff who gave us our room key and concise yet specific directions to our room. First impressions, then, were pretty good. The various plazas that were situated throughout the apartment complex were all clean, bright and spcacious, with each plaza having their own swimming pool that was manned by a lifeguard from 10AM to 6PM.

The atmosphere in general was very nice - staff and guests alike for the most part were friendly and welcoming, with the former always being ready to help and provide information, and even, in our case, draw directions to the Biosfera shopping plaza and to the nearest bus stop for Teguise Market on a Sunday!

Similarly, our room - a two-bed, one-bathroom apartment with a kitchen - was again clean, well-decorated, well faciliated and spacious, with comfortable beds and a well-powered shower that exceeded my expectations for a hotel of a similar standard. There is one small niggle, however - the lack of a clean bin change upon arrival was a minor but slightly unpleasant setback to the beginning of our holiday as when we arrived, the previous guests' rubbish in the kitchen had not been disposed of. Saying that, though, everything else went without a hitch for the duration of our holiday. Secure enough to feel safe at night-time and yet unhindered during the day, Cinco Plazas was a pleasure to stay at, and one I would be not only happy to stay at again in the near future but one I would strongly recommend to both friends and family visiting the area. Overall, a delightlful stay.

Room Tip: I would recommend families with young children perhaps to stay in a higher-floor room as the securit...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Cinco Plazas? Share your experiences!