We hired appts privately in the residential side of this complex through friends, but were warmly welcomed by the staff around the reception/pool/bar area. Staff all appeared friendly, helpful and polite especially the lady who works in the shop. She was so lovely to all the children and was extremely helpful when the goggles we bought - and opened - did not fit our granddaughter, changing them twice without any hesitation and offering a refund or replacement without quibble. We were slightly disappointed to see the 2nd pool was not in use and taped off, and consequently looked a bit unclean while we were there, but there were plenty of sunbeds on the other side and we never once had a problem claiming beds at whatever time of the day we arrived. I saw no territorial laying out of towels at the crack of dawn either so hopefully the manager's diligence is paying off.
Can't comment on the entertainment as we weren't there much, but played bingo one afternoon and won a prize. The families staying there all seemed very happy, but we personally found the bar prices quite high for food and drinks, and the place itself a bit far out for us.
Incidentally, we were there the day the stag party arrived, and it's true, they were in high spirits and perhaps a bit loud, but actually we chatted to them a few times over the next couple of days and they were nice lads, just enjoying themselves and perhaps a bit over excited on their first day. We've all been there, haven't we? I've heard a lot worse round many pools from family men! And they mostly carried their drinks upstairs as far as we saw.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for good value and great location, quiet, yet within easy walking distance of the old town, and main promenade, then look no further. Our 2 star complex is clean and well appointed. All apartments have kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge and 2 ring hob. The bedroom has 2 single beds. The living room has a sofa which doubles up as a single bed. The apartments sleep 3. But if kids are small (under 12) we can take a 4th person. For this you have a rollaway bed, and a supplement of 5 euro per day. Cots for infants are free. We change the sheets once a week, towels twice a week and clean your apartment 3 times a week. If you require extra towels, sheets, you can order these from reception for a charge. We have one block which has air con. This is the block with pool view and sun all day long. The supplement for the air con is 5 euro per day. From June to end of October, we do not accept requests for this block, as it is only available for those who wish to avail of the aircon (and pay the 5 euro supplement). Our TV, which is free, has ITV, Sky News, BBC1, RTE 1 and RTE 2. We have a friendly family run pool bar which provides breakfast and snacks throughout the day. 3 nights a week there is dinner and entertainment. Reception is open from 09.00 to 13.00 and from 16.00 to 21.00.WE NOW HAVE WIFI! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Bitacora Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bitacora Club Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Bitacora Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Bitacora Club Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen