Stayed here with wife and family (3 children) at peak season (28th July to 11th August). We had booked 2 twin rooms. The twin rooms are quite small, and with the inclusion of a camp bed in one of the bedrooms there wasn't room to move. I blame our travel agent for this as we should have been directed to a family room and a twin. Anyway, we asked at reception and we were promptly transferred to a family room and twin the next day (payment of supplement €165). Enjoyed the holiday overall, but there are 2 significant gripes. Firstly this is a big hotel (caters for up to 1500 guests at peak times) and as a result the space around the 2 pools is really limited. So you have to join the dawn patrol to get sunbeds and umbrella. I got up at 7.15 am on a few mornings just to secure an umbrella and even then you're several rows back from the pool. There isn't a hope of getting sunbeds and umbrella next to the pool. I just don't know what time some people get up at - this is a holiday for gods sake! There is no real supervision of the pool area and some of the sunbeds on which the 'dawn patrol' have deposited their towels are left unused for most of the day. Overall the pool area is very crowded and expect to be right up against the person in the neighbouring lounger.
Second gripe is the bar and restaurant tabs. We went half board and the pool bar and restaurant staff don't want to accept cash for poolside drinks/ice-creams etc. We had a bottle of wine most evenings with dinner ( and a round of cokes for children) and at most 2 beers during the day, and this, with a few ice-creams ran up a bill of €650. You are given an itemised bill when checking out, but this only states the amount of each bar tab that you have signed. When you sign the bar tab it doesn't state the cost of the items, so you have no way of really disputing your bill at the end. To be honest there's no reason why pool bar staff couldn't accept cash.
I agree with other posts about food. This was of a good standard with excellent salads and good grill/barbecue section for dinner. Staff are pleasant and helpful, (but not exceptional) but at more than €6500 for 2 weeks this is nothing less than I expect. So, its good, but .... anything less from a 4 star hotel would be unacceptable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaside Los Jameos Playa is located alongside the beach of Los Pocillos in the quiet area of Puerto del Carmen. Architecturally inspired by the island style, the hotel has magnificent pools set in extensive landscaped palm gardens. Hotel guests can enjoy a wide variety of sports activities and entertainment, suitable for all ages, even for the youngest members of the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Splendia, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Seaside Los Jameos Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Los Jameos Playa Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Los Jameos Playa Lanzarote
- Seaside Los Jameos Playa Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen