Stayed in this hotel for a weeks break in the middle of October. Had an absolutely fabulous time. This hotel really has everything you could ask for. it is a very short taxi ride from the airport less than 10 minutes. On arrival we were greated with 2 glasses of Cava and our bags were taken straight to our room. We had booked a Junior suite and the room was really lovely, very generously sized. We had requested a kind bed however we were told at booking that this is normally two beds together, this is what we recieved and it was fine. Rooms also had lovely couch and chairs and balcony with sunbeds looking over the pool area which was lovely and sunny in the evening. We had booked for half board but on arrival upgraded our package to all inclusive as none of the bars take cash, you can only room charge so we felt was easier to just move to all inclusive. The all inclusive covers a large selection of liquers etc however it is worth checking before you go all inclusive that your drink of choice is included. I spend the week drinking Cava.. highly recommend it!
Dinner each night is a set theme, chinese, spanish etc. but it is a repetitive and while it was fine for a weeks stay I know I would have been very bored with it by end of two weeks. there is no other dining option in the hotel except this buffet restaurant and I think that is the hotels greatest downfall. It is a pity there is not another sit down a la carte restaurant for another option.
We had no problems getting sunbeds everyday as other reviews stated however it was October and I can imagine that in the summer this may be another story.
Other half sunburnt his feet while we were there (warning to pthers the wind can really burn in Lanzarote so ensure lots of suncream!), as they swelled up I wanted to take him to the doctor and the hotel had one on site in the mornings which was wonderful and makes life so easy in the event someone is sick while staying in the hotel.
Evening entertainment was ok, some of the acts were very worthwhile, others not so much, I think the hotel could improve here. Staff work very hard and at peak times bars can be very very busy, but we did not encounter long waiting times.
Would highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaside Los Jameos Playa is located alongside the beach of Los Pocillos in the quiet area of Puerto del Carmen. Architecturally inspired by the island style, the hotel has magnificent pools set in extensive landscaped palm gardens. Hotel guests can enjoy a wide variety of sports activities and entertainment, suitable for all ages, even for the youngest members of the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Splendia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Venere and Otel so you can book your Seaside Los Jameos Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Los Jameos Playa Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Los Jameos Playa Lanzarote
- Seaside Los Jameos Playa Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen