“Good but not brilliant” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Seaside Los Jameos Playa

You added Seaside Los Jameos Playa to your Saves list
Seaside Los Jameos Playa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Playa De Los Pocillos, 35510 Puerto Del Carmen, Lanzarote, Spain   |
Ranked #3 of 94 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Good but not brilliant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just got back from a week here - mixed feelings about the hotel. Overall fairly good - this was the first time we had gone 'all inclusive' and while it worked on the drinks front - good selection - a list is provided, there are some exclusions, but nothing out the ordinary and good quality brands used. House wine good too. However I have some reservations about the food. Not that you would go hungry,the food is well presented, but some of the main course dishes are not very appetising and very bland.Unfortunately catering for this amount of people means most of the dishes have been standing around for too long. The 'themed' restaurant evenings left something to be desired especially the Spanish evening - has to be the worst paella I have ever had! The roast meat section is good though, and freshly cooked fish, small fillets but good. It does get a bit boring going to the same restaurant three times a day, shame with this size hotel they don't offer an alternative. The fresh waffles/crepes at the pool bar in the afternoon are a must!
Our 'junior suite' was very clean - but balcony too hot to sit on! Should have asked for one on higher floor though for better view. Bath towels too have see better days!
The staff work extremely hard and never had to wait long for anything. A few bad points - everywhere very clean but smell of drains around pool not good, also pestered by flies around pool which was really annoying. Towels on sun beds also annoying but loads of sunbeds so don't know why they bother to get up early to do it. Stayed at the 'Yaiza' Playa Blanca last year which I have to say was better but it was more expensive.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better views/quieter - ask for one away from reception as people walk past early m...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
M_Kuckenburg, Manager at Seaside Los Jameos Playa, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Seaside Los Jameos Playa Guest,

We wish to thank you for publishing your review on Tripadvisor and we are delighted that you chose our Seaside Los Jameos Playa**** for this years’ holidays.

It is a pleasure to know that you had a nice stay with us and our All-Inclusive offer was to your satisfaction. Nonetheless, we regret to hear that our gastronomy did not meet your expectations to the full. By offering different themed buffets we intent to offer the biggest possible variety of qualitative food to our guests. The carvery and regular Gala Dinners bring even more variety to the buffets.

Regarding the pool we wish to inform you that we are currently changing the tubes from copper to PVC, but have been very careful with it and are constantly checking the pools. We take your observations very seriously and will take direct measures as soon as we checked the pool. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

We are also happy that you mention our hard working staff. Your praise is a great motivation for all of us.

Once again, we thank you very much for your honest feedback and would be truly delighted to have the possibility to welcome you back on future vacations.

Best regards,

General Manager Seaside Los Jameos Playa****

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (572)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Made a return trip to this hotel having spent my birthday there this time last year. On that occasion we were so impressed with the food/hotel setting my sister & her husband asked if they could come with us this year. As this was the first time either of them had holidayed abroad in a long time, I felt a little apprehensive & had everything crossed that Los Jameos would live up to expectations. My brother in law is not a sunbather usually, he worried it would be too hot for him, but as I knew how temperate the Canaries climate is, I was fairly confident this would not be a problem. The hotel is no more than a 10 minute/10 euro ride from the airport - ideal after a 4 hour flight. We were quickly offered a chilled glass of bubbly as we checked in - again very welcome! Check in simple, bell boy on hand to show you to your room, assist with luggage. Rooms are as they are shown on the website - bright, spacious, clean. We arrived in time for dinner, so after a quick freshen up, off we went. Chose to eat inside as we are not smokers & this (in my opinion) is the downside of the outside tables. All meals are buffet style & the choice each meal time is vast. My sister & hubby actually stood & stared (almost with their mouths open!), as they had never seen anything quite like it. The restaurant has an extremely high standard of cleanliness, staff are always replenishing/tidying/cleaning. All food is brought through from the kitchens covered in cling film, only unwrapped at the last minute. Drinks service at your table efficent, even, in my experience, your morning coffee (a pot plus a jug of hot milk). The grounds of this hotel are also excellent, clean, green (even a crazy golf course running through it), plus streams & bridges all adding to this beautiful setting. Never had an issue with sunbeds but probably September is slightly off peak. In general terms I cannot find anything to criticise this hotel on & will be going back for my birthday again next year (the complimentary bubbly in the room and another bottle on my birthday itself is also a lovely touch). There was only one occasion when I felt the service was not up to standard - one morning it was very wet & probably rained for most of the morning on and off. After lunch the sun re-appeared and the sun beds began to fill. Mid afternoon I ventured over to the poolside bar, and there I stood, along with 3 other customers at the time. There were no staff in evidence but lots of used glasses etc waiting to be washed up - the bar had the appearance of being open but I assumed the staff member had nipped off for supplies. After a wait of about 10 minutes, I gave up, crossed the bridge & went over to the other pool bar outside the restaurant which was clearly open. There were a good number of staff serving but it was actually chaos with no system other than muscling in/shouting loudest. I did get served eventually but have no idea why the main poolside bar was not staffed - I guess there was a reason. However could I suggest that a notice on the bar top that it was actually closed would have been very helpful. Other than this one off issue I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
M_Kuckenburg, Manager at Seaside Los Jameos Playa, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Seaside Los Jameos Playa Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your holiday experiences with us and other travellers here on Tripadvisor.

It is a pleasure to read that you were able to bring the rest of your family along this time and that you enjoyed your vacation in our hotel.

We wish to inform you that we also offer a non smoking area on the terrace of the restaurant and hope that you can enjoy the special atmosphere outside next time you visit us.

In reference to the service at the poolside bar, we are very sorry to hear that you did not get the service you expected. As you refer it was a rainy day and in this case we usually offer the service at the Belingo bar, as the guests prefer to sit inside. However, we wish to apologize sincerely for the caused inconveniences.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and your personal recommendation. We are already looking forward to welcoming you again and to spending your birthday together with you here at our Seaside Los Jameos Playa****.

Kindest regards,

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was our second trip to this hotel and found it to be just as good on our return. Nothing had changed at all. The staff are so friendly and welcoming and can't do enough for you. They work very long hours but still manage a smile and are very accommodating. Entertainment was good, especially ABBA. During the day there was water aerobics and i have to say that the guy that was instructing was fantastic. He had so many people taking part. Kids loved it. He is so entertaining and enthusiastic. The music was also very catchy. We were finding that we were singing the songs throughout the holiday, as were others. Our room was so clean and comfortable. Our maid did a great job. Our son spilled water all over his bed and so we contacted reception to ask for more sheets for the bed. They were sent to our room within 20 minutes.

The food. Wow! I cannot tell you how good it is. You have to try it for yourself. Each night is based on a different country's cuisine. Great to try something that you haven't tried before. The desserts were amazing. The chefs at this hotel are fantastic. I have to say that my husband and i have traveled around many parts of the world and this is the best hotel for the standard and variety of food, cleanliness, high standards and attention to detail. My father came with us on this holiday and he also said that the food was the best that he had ever had in any hotel all over the world. He has traveled far and wide and stayed in fantastic hotels so this is a huge compliment coming from him.

The hotel is situated on the beach front with a promenade separating the hotel from the beach. It can be accessed via the gate at the back of the hotel using your room card. This prevents other tourists getting into the hotel. It is only a 10 minute drive from the airport and yet you aren't bothered by aircraft noise.

We were so pleased with our stay that i wrote the manager a letter at the end of the holiday. I was pleased that on my return home i had an email from him thanking me for the letter. He said that he would pass it on to staff members to show them how much we appreciated the hard work and effort the staff put into making our holiday an enjoyable stay. We love this hotel so much that we have already booked to go again in June 2013. We are counting the days already. I cannot recommend this hotel enough. If you expect good food, accommodating staff, cleanliness and comfortable hotel rooms then this is the hotel for you!
We want to thank Martin Kuckenburg and all his staff again for making our holiday a wonderful experience. See you in June 2013!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
M_Kuckenburg, Manager at Seaside Los Jameos Playa, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Seaside Los Jameos Playa Guest,

We are very grateful to find your feedback about our Seaside Los Jameos Playa**** here on Tripadvisor.

It so great to read that you visited us again after the first time and that you have already booked for your 2013 summer holiday.

Holidays are about spoiling yourself, away from home in a beautiful setting. This is exactly what we want our guests to do and all the rest will be done by us. Therefore, it is so nice to hear that we achieved this in your holidays and that even your father who has travelled so much, considers our hotel to be of top range quality is very much appreciated.

We are also very pleased that you mention our hard working staff. Your praise is a great motivation for all of us.

We are truly delighted to have the possibility to welcome you back in June 2013.

Best regards,

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Had a one week stay on bed & breakfast basis. Breakfast was average - sometimes the hot food was cold and many times couldn't make a decent cup of tea as the water was only warm. Had to wait on 4 mornings for coffee despite asking - they seem to forget which table!
Balcony with view - but only if you stood (I like to sit and enjoy the view but the wall obscured it).
Watched people in the mornings reserving their sunbed - as early at 7 a.m. - despite being told not too. Always managed to get a sunbed but usually in a shady corner.
Was disappointed - have stayed in better 3* hotels - so will not be returning.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
M_Kuckenburg, Manager at Seaside Los Jameos Playa, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Seaside Los Jameos Playa Guest,

Thank you for your feedback published on Tripadvisor.

We are sorry to read that your holidays with us did not meet your expectations and wish to apologize for the inconveniences caused during breakfast. This should not occur and therefore we would have been more than happy if you had informed us about it during your stay.

Once more we wish to express our highest regrets and wish you all the best.

Kind regards,

Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and and I run our own business so on the plus side can holiday more or less when work allows. We have stayed in alot of luxury hotels and The Jameos is not luxury but has a certain charm with excellent staff and attention to detail - staff cannot do enough for you as a rule. We started visiting the Jameos around 8 years ago to get some Autumn and Spring sunshine. With Ryanair flying at good times from our local airport we will sometimes just fly over for 4 or 5 days sometimes for 7 to 9. If you find decent flight prices I would recommend booking flight and accommodation yourself to better tailor your room choices and flight preferences and I have found usually actually works out cheaper than a package. I find the best sites are Lastminute, Travel Republic and OnTheBeach for finding all room and board options. A taxi is cheap and only takes around 7 or 8 minutes. All inclusive is definitely worth it as the food is the best Hotel inclusive food I have had and as previously mentioned the drinks are generous and of good quality. As for the sunbeds we have not encountered a problem, but have only travelled in Jan, Feb, March, April, May, Oct & November - not 'peak' months.. yes the entertainment can be hit & miss, but some is very good too. If going out for drinks/dinner try Cafe La Ola, right down the slope to the sea's edge, great food & atmosphere. We are back to the Jameos next month, and hope we will still be positive about our visit!

Room Tip: If you want a room with a pool/side sea view opt for 'Deluxe' Room, if you want a room with...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
M_Kuckenburg, Manager at Seaside Los Jameos Playa, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Seaside Los Jameos Playa Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for having chosen us once again as your preferred accommodation choice for your stay in Lanzarote.

We are pleased to read that you once more spent overall great holidays at our hotel and that you especially enjoyed our All Inclusive offer to the full.

Your commentaries and advice is certainly of great value not only for us but also for other travellers who are struggling to find an accommodation matching all of their expectations.

It will be a delight to welcome you back on a future holiday and to pamper you once more.

With best regards from Lanzarote,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

An excellent choice we made ( 9 ladies),
Excellent food at all meals.
Service at all bars etc was very good (allowing for the fact that the majority of the visitors were not English and the staff have to cope with so many languages). I thought perhaps some areas were a little understaffed but all who served us were curteous and friendly.
My room was very comfortable and kept very clean and enjoyed having tv channels I knew.
People in the Spa were beautiful and really enjoyed my massages.#
More entertainment would have been appreciated
Would definately book again and recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
M_Kuckenburg, Manager at Seaside Los Jameos Playa, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Seaside Los Jameos Playa Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to publish your holiday review on Tripadvisor. We do appreciate it.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel with your friends and that we were able to meet your expectations. It is also nice to know that you were satisfied with our first class service, cuisine and the professional staff of the Spa & Wellness Center.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back again and remain with

sunny regards from Lanzarote,

Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We recently spent seven nights in Los Jameos Playa it is a lovely hotel, our room was looking onto the beach and had a lovelt balcony, food was excellent and huge variety we had half board. It was a very busy hotel but because it is so large it would nor bother you! yes pool chairs ar a problem but we just went across the road to the beach. Just four euro taxi to Purto del Carmen. Would certainly recommend this hotel one small tip though bathrooms towels need an update! Hotel extremely clean! Great holiday!

• Stayed August 2012
M_Kuckenburg, Manager at Seaside Los Jameos Playa, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Seaside Los Jameos Playa Guest,

Thank you very much for publishing your review on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to hear that you were very satisfied with your room and the variety of our culinary offer.

In reference to the sun loungers we are doing our very best to make sure every guest is provided with one. We recommend approaching a member of our pool staff whenever you encounter difficulties at some point of your stay.

Thank you for mentioning the towels, we have checked these and replaced them whenever necessary.

We appreciate that you noticed our effort in keeping the hotel clean and nice and that you would recommend us.

We look forward to welcoming you again at our resort.

With sunny regards,

General Manager Seaside Los Jameos Playa****

Been to Seaside Los Jameos Playa? Share your experiences!