My wife and I stayed fron 14/10 to 21/10. We were in apartment A21.
The apartments are roomy with plenty of space. The kitchen is well equipped having fridge, 2 cooking rings, elecric kettle, toaster and a microwave. Plus all the utensils you will need. The lounge area is a good size with a coffee table and a large 'L' shaped sofa. There is also a flat screen TV which has some English speaking channels and is 'FREE' The bedroom has lots of clothes storage space and has 2 single bed which have been pushed togeather. There is a safe in one of the wardrobe at a rental cost of 15 euros per week (we were only there for a week so it may be cheaper for 2 weeks).The bathroom has all the usual features and is practicle.
The 'A' apartments are on the 1st Floor. I felt that these were slightly more private than the downstairs apartments. The quieter aparment would be from A/B 6 to A/B 25. The others are near to the restraunt, reception and road. A21 is in the middle on the shadier side (no sun on the terrace all day). The downstairs apartments have an additional terrace at the back with a couple of sun beds.
Rooms are cleaned 5 times a week. Towels changed twice and bed linen once. Our apartment didn't clet cleaned until around 15:30.
The pool bar opens at about 08:30 and drinks and snacks can be purchased (Breakfast, pizza, burgers etc). And a large beer is 1.80 euros.
Ther is also a restraunt and bar thats open on an evening. We only went in the bar and the prices are the same as the pool bar. They have entertainment on in the bar some nights. This ranges from singers to kareoke.
Now for a couple of little niggles which I felt were not worth not giving the apartment a 5 star rating.
1. Shower head needs a good descaling.
2. If you want a sun bed around the pool the towels start going on before 8am. There are plenty of bed's but not quite enough space. Especially when people angle there beds leaving even less space.
Other helpfull notes.
There is a supermarket opposite which does everything you will need. There is also a bigger supermarket about 300m down the road.
Taxi from the front to the harbour is 3 euros.
Don Raphael for Mexican and Steaks. Enjoy for the best Asian cuisine and service. Casa Rosa at the harbour for great seafood.
For drink try Charlies Bar for great live music and Ruta 66 for a good night out.
- Also Known As:
- Plaza Azul Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Plaza Azul Hotel
- Plaza Azul Puerto Del Carmen
- Plaza Azul Lanzarote
- Plaza Azul Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Plaza Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.