We booked this resort because of a deal that we found and also due to the reviews written on TA.
I have had to review the Sentido as average because, despite many of the aspects being very good, I am not sure if the management fully know who they are trying to market this place to.
The majority of the staff were very friendly and always pleasant.
There is a wide range of mostly very good food available throughout the day. Regardless of your likes and dis-likes there will be something for you here.
The place is very clean and well presented with rooms and communal spaces having a feel of quality about them. The pools were always clean and well looked after.
The layout of the complex is also very good, making it easy to get around.
The beach and town are a few minutes walk away and there are plenty of bike and car hire places as well as countless bars and restaurants.
The not so good:
Sentido clearly cater for families at this resort, but perhaps this needs to made much clearer as if you do not have children, there is no getting away from them.
There are two main restaurants at the hotel and one of them should be exclusively for adults, because if you do not have children, having them crying or running around all night even up until 10pm is not ideal. This would be simple to fix and of benefit to both families and couples.
The main evening bar area does not have enough staff and so queues form around all of the busy periods of the evening. I never saw more than two staff members working on the bar during any of the evenings and this is not enough.
Having an exclusive adults only chill out bar was a really good idea, until we realised that all of the drinks had to paid for in this bar? If you have paid to be all-inclusive then that is what needs to happen, not random charges for the same drinks that are free else-where. I did not see very many people in this bar during out entire week and it seemed to shut early due to a lack of custom.
There are also too many drinks that have charges on them. If this is all inclusive, then make it so. If not, then do not sell all inclusive deals!
The restaurant staff do a great job of covering the floor area but they are massively over-stretched. Hunting for a table and then having to sit for some time waiting for it to be made detracts from the experience that sentido are trying to create. They either need less people, a timing system where by you book in for a certain time or more staff.
So overall, a great location, a lovely clean hotel, in the main great staff, but just too many things that need a bit more thought.
Lanzarote is much more beautiful and picturesque than people give it credit for. There is a good wine region and walking round some of the lesser known volcanoes provides some great views and stunning vistas.
The Belgian bar on the front is well worth a visit if you like good beer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Puerto del Carmen and just 200m. From Los Pocillos Beach, the SENTIDO Lanzarote Aequora is a newly built resort that stands out for its modern interior design and for the quality and variety of its services. The majority of the rooms are Junior Suites, they are equipped with modern facilities and are perfect for those who want to enjoy a few days of the stunning environment of the Lanzarote Island. SERVICES 398 rooms (Double Rooms, Junior Suites, Suites and Master Suites). Wi-Fi in public areas (free) and in the the rooms (extra charge). 5 Freshwater pools: Chill out zone, heated pool with hidromassage jets. 2 Heated pools, 1 for adults and 2 for children, to enjoy with the family. Pool for animation activities with adults close to Maris theatre. "BUBBLES" pool, water games for children (heated). Outdoor parking (unmonitored). Laundry and dry cleaning service (extra charge). Two multi-sport courts. Polyvalent room, max. 50 Pax (meetings/conferences). 24H medical service. Wellness center: massages and beauty treatments. Car and bicycle rental service. Pool towels (deposit is required). Porter and bellboy service. Luggage room and shower room for late departures. Free cot. Credit cards accepted: VISA/MASTERCARD/AMEX. Gift shop/Souvenir. The hotel has 2 buffet-restaurants with show-cooking "Poseidon" and "Neptuno" and 1 a la carte restaurant "Mare Nostrum". There are a complete offer of bars where you can enjoy a variety of drinks and snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your SENTIDO Lanzarote Aequora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thb Don Paco Castilla Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Don Paco Castilla Lanzarote
- SENTIDO Lanzarote Aequora Puerto Del Carmen