“Beautiful location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sol Lanzarote

You added Sol Lanzarote to your Saves list
Sol Lanzarote
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Grama, 2, 35510, 35510 Puerto Del Carmen, Lanzarote, Spain   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #33 of 96 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Hanover, Niedersachsen, Germany
“Beautiful location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We were on a trip to Lanzarote and Hotel Sol Lanzarote was recommended. The hotel itself was in a beautiful location overlooking the beach on one side and the mountains on the other. The Hotel was spotless and very nicely decorated with loads of games for children and good shows at night but sad to say the food was very poor and quiet expensive. Our room was beautiful and the staff were very kind and helpful, however I would not go full or even half board if we were going again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sollanzarote, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Lanzarote, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Berni D,

Thank you very much for your comments. I am sorry to hear about our food quality as you mentioned we could not meet your expectations. We try to adapt to all guests having a wide selection of products. With feedback like yours, we can continue improve our service.
On the other hand I am very pleased that you found the hotel location beautiful, very clean, with nice entertainment for all, children and adults, and above all our staff kind and helpful.

Once again thank you very much and we hope we can meet you again very soon.

Our kindest regards,
Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Polish first
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

just come back after a week at this hotel. was hassle free, the room was clean and tidy and very comfortable. in a prime location for the beach. Staff were incredibly helpful and polite. Food was varied and plentiful and there was always something for everyone. I was on an All Inclusive package so had drinks available all day from the snack bar and there was also hot and cold snacks to fend off those mid morning munchies! If you want to travel around island the hotel is a very short walk to the main road and a bus route or contact reception and there will be a taxi waiting for you in a matter of minutes. I travelled solo and felt safe and secure, and although I loved the hotel it really is VERY family orientated. There is entertainment on in the hotel every evening or if you fancy a change have a stroll down the promenade and you will find a great choice of restaurants. Matagorda is not party central and its quiet location only adds to that relaxing experience. SUN BEDS!! theses are locked up at night and are unlocked at 845am, there are the odd stalwarts that will be down poolside hovering and waiting for the prime pool spots but to be honest there are plenty to go round and the grounds are extensive enough not to be on top of each other. I really recommend you get out there and try this hotel whether you be a family or a couple you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: try and get a pool/sea view. the room I had was at the back of the hotel over looking the villas...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Sollanzarote, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Lanzarote, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear annie_smuft_b,

I am extremely grateful to read such a positive feedback! Thank you so much for spending a little time to share your experience with all Tripadvisor users.
I am happy that you found in particular our staff incredibly helpful and polite. I will pass your coments onto the team as this is always our best motivation.
In regards to the Sunbeds, as you mention we make a big effort on a daily basis to minimize the inapropiate behaviour of many guests, which is very difficult to control sometimes.

Thank you again for your trust and hope to have you back again very soon!

Regards,
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend recently spent a week here and I would highly recommend the hotel and its staff. The hotel itself was spotless and well presented with a lovely pool area and pool bar (that served great food), our self-catering apartment was just what we wanted. Clean, spacious and well kept with a large bathroom and a balcony overlooking the seafront (exactly what we requested). We wanted to make as much of the week in Lanzarote as we could and therefore were very interested in tours and other activities. The staff at reception were excellent. Everyone spoke perfect english and could not be more helpfully. They recommended the best tours to take and even booked several activities for us. The service was unquestionably the best I have ever received in any hotel. All other staff were also very friendly with the cleaning staff ensuring our room was cleaned daily and all towels were changed each day. Best hotel we have ever stayed in!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea-front view and you will not be disappointed!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sollanzarote, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Lanzarote, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Aislinn M,

It is motivating to read such a rewardful review! I am extremely happy that we made your holidays and you left with such an outstanding feeling about us. Thank you so much for sharing it with all Tripadvisor users.
Do not hesitate that I will pass your comments onto the team. Best reward for all of us!

We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Our kindest regards,
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Myself my husband and our 7 year old son had the pleasure in staying in this lovely friendly hotel at the beginning of July 2013. We arrived late on Sunday 30th June and the trip from the airport to the hotel only took 10 mins and check in was very quick. The room was very spacious and the sofa bed was already made up for our son. We went self catering as we like to explore different restaurants. As we arrived so late we decided to eat in the hotel that evening and it was an open buffet with a wide variety of foods and this hit the spot for all of us. The pool area had plenty of activities for our son with the Flintstones and plenty of pool games. Unfortunately on the Tuesday morning we got bad news from home and had to arrange flights back as soon as possible our rep could not get us flights until the Thursday evening so we managed to get our niece back home to book us on flights back for Wednesday evening. Once my niece text me the booking reference I went to the hotel reception and they very kindly logged into the airline and entered all our details and printed us off our boarding tickets. They were so helpful and did not look for payment for printing off the tickets. As our trip was so short lived we have decided to go back to Sol Lanzarote in the New Year.

Dear Mandy G,

Thank you very much for the time you have spent to post such lovely coments, I am first of all happy that you had a good impression of the hotel and its staff. On the other hand I am sorry that you had to leave before scheduled and I wish everything is right for you and your family.
In case you decide to come back we will be more than happy to welcome you again and hopefully you can enjoy a full well deserved holiday.

Our best regards,
Letterkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

A friend and I stayed here for one week in April. The hotel is lovely, our room was huge sitting area come kitchen, large bathroom and bedroom with balcony overlooking the pool and sea. This hotel is right on the seafront and very close to local restaurants and bars. There is a shop attached to hotel too which is good but pricey(spar shop 5 min walk to the left on the promenade and is cheaper) this hotel is fabulous for families and that why I can't give it any less than 5 stars (for me as a 25yr old women who went on holidays for a girly catch up and to relax it was a little hard to do around the pool as it was v noisy with workers doing aqua aerobics and music blaring) although it was great for entertaining kids and we were happy to go to the beach to sunbathe. Matagorda is a nice peaceful area and its only 5-7euro into the town of puerto del carmen. I would highly recommend this hotel to families with children.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear claireLkenny,

I am very thankful that you spent some time to share your recent experience with us. It is great to read that you had a great time and enjoyed the lovely location we are. It is true that Matagorda beach is nice peaceful area and lots of facilities close to the hotel.
I am glad as well that you found our rooms nice and spacious. In regards to the entertainment in the pool area we are working to split times and try to coordinate better those who want relaxation atmosphere and those who want to have fun and activities.

Thank you once again and hope to have you back very soon!

Kind Regards,
ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family and i stayed just last week and I can highly recommend this hotel for both young and old. We arrived in june to a beautiful room over looking the pool and the sea. I was travelling with a 7 year old and a 18 month so I was interested to see how we would fair out with both. The staff at reception were so helpful and always had a smile for us. My daughter had her birthday while we were there and they left a note wishing her a happy birthday with water and sweets this was an excellent touch and made her day. We were all entertained with aerobics for me in the morning, volley ball for my hubby, soccer, water polo. Entertainment was very good as other views have said there was loads of varitey.
Will def be going back next year.
Fantastic place

Dear Activecla,

Thank you so much for such a fantastic review! I am extremely pleased to know that you all had a great experience and we made it possible for you.
I will pass your comments onto the team as this is our best reward!

We are looking forward to have you back next year.

Best regards,
Ipswich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

OK. Holiday booked for my partner, my daughter (8) and myself. Taxi from airport, 5 minutes, and 12 euros, saved paying for tranfers and waiting around for coach etc. Male receptionist was quite rude upon check in - serving others while serving us. Gave us a terrible map of the hotel and no instruction on how to get to our room, took a while to find! We had a one bedroom self catering apartment with a partial sea-view. The rooms were ok, bit shabby around the edges, needed a bit of attention. We arrived in our room to find the floor absolutley filthy, feet were black within 2 minutes of walking on it, called reception and th next day it was cleaned (we did it ourselves also). Great bathroom with a great hairdrier. Small balcony, only enough room for 2 people to sit around the table at a time. No aircon (there was a wall fan but it was useless). Pools were a great temerature but as with all the other reviews, you need to get down to the pool early to secure a sunbed. One day there were 5 bed behind us with towel on them until 4pm, what a waste! There should be a time limit that beds are reserved, if you dont use them - you loose them!No movable parasols either, a few fixed ones, which isnt great if you have little ones. The beach - I LOVE a beach - BUT no sunbeds on the beach!? I was very disappointed, apparently its to do with the local councils? Brought a parasol and some lilos so still managed some chilled time on the beach. There is a supermarket and some places to eat 2 minutes walk away, its classed as a shopping centre but it was a bit sad as most units are closed. Dont bother with the Sirocco restaraunt, service is poor, go to the next one along, 'Paradise Beach', staff are nicer and service is fab. We hired bikes at 10 euro each for the day, this was great as you cycle for miles along the coast, would recommend doing this. The hotels address is 'Puerto Del Carmen' but it's a long walk to the centre. We got taxis which cost 5 euros each way. We also visited Rancho Texas which is a zoo with a swimming pool, good day out. Get a taxi, again, it's only 5 euros each way. Car hire 30 euros for the days, we went to the camels, volcano and drove to Playa blanca, absolutley fab day - quicker, easier anmd cheaper to do this rather than the excusions. Kids club at the hotel was good - 8 euros for flintstones tee-shirt and bandana, Daughter enjoyed it. Didnt see any of the evening entertainment as we were self catering we tended to go out in the evenings. Noisey until around 1am with kids running and shouting/playing etc. The drink prices in the hotel are very expensive a beer is 3.60 euros and a can of ice tea is 2.60 euros, not sure why they are so pricey?? Food was a bit more reasonable - burger and chips 4.50 euros. Overall, a nice holiday.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms recommended as the ones at the back look over the car park.
Dear Clareb77,

First of all thank you very much for sharing your opinion of your recent stay with us through Tripadvisor. I am sorry to read that we could not be up to your expectations. It is through this type of feedback that we manage to improve day by day our service by identifying our deficiencies.
I will share your comments to all departments involved to pay extra attention on the future, specially the cleaning status you mentioned in your room at your arrival.
On the other hand I am happy to know that you had a nice holiday overall!

We are looking forward to another opportunity and please receive our best regards,
Guest Experience Manager

Been to Sol Lanzarote? Share your experiences!