“Delicious Toasties” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurante Universo

Restaurante Universo
Avenida Playas 38 | esquina C/ Tanausú, 35510 Puerto Del Carmen, Lanzarote, Spain
+34 928 51 62 83 ‎
Improve this listing
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Delicious Toasties”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Now you might think why would i opt for a toastie where there are so many other delicious dishes to choose from but i think if a restaurant cant get the simplest of dishes right, they probably wont get the others right either.
I was not disappointed in my choice, delicious tuna toastie the spanish way. Lovely chips to share with my hubby and all on the front basking in the sunshine. Excellent value for money. Brilliant for when you want something quick, simple and you've just stepped off the beach.

85% Recommend
Hull
“the best steak ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We visited twice and were only there a week but the steak was so good. The atmosphere is also very good and the staff friendly with good, quick service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
ireland
“Disappointed this time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

My boyfriend and I visited this restaurant many time when we were in Lanzarote so it was our first stop for our New Years holiday. To say we were disappointed is an understatement.
We both had garlic bread to cheese to start with I could hardly taste the garlic and it was very greasy. I am aware oil is used to make it but the grease was excessive. The pizza was the same and had hardly any sauce.
The service was disappointing we were waiting 15 minutes to order and even then they would only take our drinks order we had to wait another 5 to order our food.
They do huge cocktails which are quite nice and well decorated.
Won't return again.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good food, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Went here in December 2013 as the man outside sold it to us.
It was quite full and on sitting at the table our drinks order was taken.
Food for myself was good, I had veggie burritos which they customised asking which veggies I preferred. ...very accommodating.
My son had a pizza which was ok (he is quite fussy when there is a lot of cheese on them) & my other half had lamb chops which were ok.
I would recommend you go in here it has a pleasant atmosphere and staff are friendly.

Berkshire
“Miss this place and you are missing out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Ate here several times during our stay in December 2013. Everything we tried on the menu was fabulous and cooked to order. Service is very good and the tables/settings exceptionally clean. The T-bone steaks are huge so be warned!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere