“Great Diving Experience and Memories! Miss it already...” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Educational Sites, Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Manta Diving Lanzarote is a scuba diving centre located in the old town, only 150m from the access point to the best diving on Lanzarote! (holds full authorisation from PESCA) It is an English owned centre, with a team of friendly, fun, safe and professional instructors, who are on hand and ready to cater to your needs. There is a variety of diving available, mainly shore based - with a couple of sites needing a boat, which is available on demand! For the beginners we have the perfect location for try dives, we also run courses from PADI Scuba Diver all the way up to Divemaster, we have a fantastic range of dive sites for all qualified divers.
Coquitlam, Canada
“Great Diving Experience and Memories! Miss it already...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I'm new to diving, and only I got my PADI Open Water certification in July in preparation for a trip to Lanzarote. I knew about Manta before arriving because of their website. My first dive with Manta was a 'try out' dive and I took my 10 year old nephew with me. The staff was friendly and helpful...putting us both at ease. We had fun! We had so much fun that we did a follow-up dive with my boyfriend (who has his advanced certification). This time, we paid a little extra for a photo CD. Well worth the investment. A few days later, my nephew spent the day at Manta (after some studying) to complete his PADI 'Scuba Diver' certification...while we tried out a couple of dives with another dive centre. Let's just say that my nephew learned lots, had a fabulous time, and saw an exciting variety of sea life (seahorses, an angel shark, octopi, barracudas...). We were hoping to see a similar variety, but no luck. So jealous! Manta is located close to the beach and truly created a fabulous experience for all of us. Would love to go back.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Rachel P, Owner at Manta Diving Lanzarote, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you, your boyfriend and nephew had a great experience with us. We pride ourselves on providing the best service for our customers, so that everyone feels safe while diving as well as having as much fun as possible! We hope to see you again in the near future!

• Polish first
“Absolutely Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Was staying in puerto del carmen for a few weeks and decided to do my advanced open water with Manta Diving. Ben, Rachel and and the guys were absolutely amazing. Will go back and do my next course with them without a doubt. Very, very good.

Visited August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your PADI Advanced open water course. We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to seeing you in Lanzarote again soon!
3 attraction reviews
“Great diving, friendly guides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was our first visit to Lanzarote and we were surprised to see how many fish lived in the sea here. Lovely shoals everywhere you look, aswell as tuna, grouper, morays and a lovely sting ray called Stumpy(he lost part of his tail).
We dived a different site every dive, it was great fun. We would definetly dive with Manta diving again.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you for your review. We're happy to hear the you enjoyed all the different dive sites and marine life Lanzarote has to offer! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!
Paris, France
“Excellent Diving School”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My son (11 years old) really enjoyed the diving experience as well as the instructors that took him out. They nourrished his passion for diving. He can't wait to start again!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Rachel P, Owner at Manta Diving Lanzarote, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for sharing your son's diving experience with everyone. We had a fabulous time teaching him to dive and are glad to hear that he is continuing with his new passion! We look forward to welcoming him back in the near future and showing him some of our other dive sites.
Rochester, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“One of the best memories for my holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My partner and I emailed Manta Diving a couple of weeks before our holiday to book ourselves in for a Discover Scuba dive, as we are both newbs and the idea of diving is something we both had wanted to attempt in life.
Rachel picked us up from our apartment with an other gentleman taking a more advanced course, who could only rave about diving here.
We received very thorough and friendly guidance before hand and then took the stroll down to the beach. Ollie spent a lot of time with me in waist deep water as I really started to worry this was something I couldnt do. When I managed to join the group under the water I began to panic again, and Ben must have noticed this with my short breaths! He took my hands and encouraged me to watch him and follow his breathing patterns. I immediately relaxed.
(My contact lens did pop out, and Ben and Ollie helped me to the surface to get it back in - wouldnt want to miss out on seeing any marine life once I had got past my nervousness!)
Once I calmed and relaxed I was able to complete the experience and was so proud of myself!

We both had a great time and would recommend to anyone to try their first dive with this amazing team. A personal thanks from me to Ollie and Ben. We really hope to get the chance to come again and take things further!

Visited September 2013
Thank you for leaving a review of your Discover Scuba Dive. We do our best to ensure you have a great time on your first scuba dive and that all our customers experience a high level of customer service with us. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.