We booked this trip through booking.com - who on the whole have been really helpful. The area is beautful, and we booked for 2 nights as a stop over from the Dordogne to Italy, and to visit family friends. We were going to arrive after reception closed (closes at 8pm) - so we called at 5pm to inform them. We were given a phone number to call so we could get information to access a safe where our room key would be located.
This hotel really let us down.
In our booking for 5 (2 adults and 3 kids) the following things went wrong.
1. We requested a seaview (and were told over the phone we would get one). We had a view of a hedge.
2. We informed hotel that we would need parking - told would be no problem - no need for reservation. When we arrived at 10pm (after driving for 10 hours), there was no access to the carpark. We called the infomation number provided - the lady on the other end of the phone was only able to give us the info about the room key - not the access code or key access for the carpark. So, with 3 kids plus luggage, we had to unload on the street, then go and find parking somewhere else - which was not easy. No phone number ANYWHERE to call for help that I or booking.com could find. No apologies from the hotel the next day. We got a carpark access key the next day - but not told how to use it etc etc - nothing was easy.
3. Once in the room (no directions with the key) the beds were made up for 2 kids. There was a trundle bed for the 3rd child - but no bed linen. We had to use towels to provide some semblance of a bed and sheet. There were no additional pillows on the room - which is not good for those people who need to sleep on more than a virtually flat pillow. The next day at reception we were given some sheets.
4. I complained about this process and problems, and was given 1 night free parking.
5. The floors were dirty and sticky, the shower head and telephone in the room broken
I WOULD NOT recommend this place - really no consideration for guests at all, and when they make mistakes, they didnt really seem to care.
If you want a view, get it in writing
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.