“Fantastic hotel for Groups and Hockey Teams ;)” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11311-100 St, Westlock, Alberta T7P 2R8, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Westlock
Edmonton, Alberta
“Fantastic hotel for Groups and Hockey Teams ;)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

Our hockey team stayed here for Provincials in March, which were held in Barrhead. From making a group booking to the entire stay this hotel was awesome. They were very accommodating and the families were thrilled with the warm welcome they received. Breakfast was well above continental and the Thursday buffet was a nice added touch. We used the meeting room for a team supper Saturday night which was great as we didn't have to wait in line at a restauraunt and could all be together. The manager of the hotel went over and above to ensure the team had everything they needed. Thank you Ramada Westlock-you guys are awesome and we hope to be back for a tourney in Westlock.

• Stayed March 2012
GMWestlock, General Manager at Ramada Westlock, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Rainbow,

It is good to hear that you and your team were taken care of so well! Provincials is a busy time of year in Westlock and we do what we can to accomodate.

Hopefully we will see you at next years provincials

Renee Glenn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I travel a lot in rural Alberta and the Westlock Ramada is a fantastic hotel. Great staff, great rooms, very clean, often offer supper! Also the meeting room is good for small functions.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Prof2012llb

We take pride in our rural hotel! I am happy to hear you have found a comfortable place to stay on your travels. And yes, we serve dinner for our guests every Tuesday and Thursday.

Thank-you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor

Renee Glenn
Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

I'm a business traveller who spends on average 3 nights per week in hotels. This is another great hotel that I've stayed at run by Canalta. Been to 2 others managed by them & all have had very high quality standards. Front desk staff were friendly & very helpful. Rooms are in excellent condition with modern ammenities. A good selection of pillows & no noise from other rooms. The free breakfast had a good selection of hot & cold items. The rate was good for this level of quality / service. Wireless Internet had good speed & no issues getting logged in. Nice large work area right under the large wall mounted TV. I personally love this layout. I highly recommend this hotel if you need to stay in the area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

This is a fabulous hotel. The staff are accomodating and friendly. They are eager to please. Love the fact that you are greated by homemade cookies at the check in desk and that they have popcorn (ready made in the lobby). Breakfasts are fabulous with great variety. They also put out a supper spread 2 nights a week. The rooms are very nice and clean; and I am a stickler for cleanliness and it's rare to find a hotel that lives up to my standard of cleanliness. Pool is great. Can't say enough good things about this hotel and it's staff, except that I can't wait to stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

Our family was headed away for the July 1st long weekend this year and we made it 5 kms beyond Westlock when we had a problem with the truck. We had to call a tow truck (thank goodness for my AMA plus RV membership!). My husband was towed back to St. Albert where he was able to get parts and the kids and I spent some time at the Ramada Inn in Westlock. The staff there were kind and compassionate and made every effort to make us feel welcome and at home. I would have to say that when we next have to drive through Westlock going somewhere we will stay at the Ramada under less stressful circumstances but to anyone else traveling I would have to say that our experience there was wonderful. The kids loved the pool and it allowed us to make our stay there part of our holiday rather than make us feel like we were on hold waiting for our holiday to begin. To the management at the hotel - the two girls on reception on Thursday, June 30th were wonderful. As I was enjoying something to eat (fabulous butter chicken!) I observed them dealing with incoming guests and they were outstanding. I would ike to say thank you to them and we will be back!

Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

I stayed here for two nights as part of emergency response on the Slave Lake forest fire disaster. The hotel was hosting a large number of the Slave Lake evacuees and provided amazing support and assistance to those folks. Included activities for kids, lots of info and coordination, putting on dinners and just generally creating a supportive and comfortable environment. Hotel staff were clearly putting in long hours and going wy above and beyond.
In general on the property - very nice, higher end decor than I had expected to find in a smaller community. Highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
GMWestlock, General Manager at Ramada Westlock, responded to this review, June 6, 2011
All of my team could not imagine what the Slave Lake residents must have gone through. This was a very unique situation for us. I am grateful that what we were able to make your stay comfortable in an uncertain time. Thank-you for the kind words and we hope to be of service to you again.
SLAVE LAKE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

As a Slave evacuee during the fire there was quick service in getting us a room even at 11:30 at night. During our 11 day stay the staff were so supportive. The breakfast in the morning was always full of choices and in the evening the hotel offered "home made" suppers to the Slave Lake evacuees. The girls loved spending time at the pool. We did our best to help the staff during the busy time of a hotel filled to capacity. We were treated like family members at this hotel. My girls and I would return to this hotel again and I am sure that as we make trips to Edmonton we will stop by even to say hello to the staff who helped us through such a difficult time. They definitely deserve a bonus for what they did for everyone who was going through such a trying time.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
I am thrilled to hear that your stay with us was so enjoyeable. We created a family here at the Ramada with all of you folks from Slave Lake. I am thank-ful to hear that morning breakfast was full of choices, especially due to your length of stay. The dinners in the evening were a good time for all of us. We got together each night and ate as a "family". The energy and hussle and bustle is missed already. I am happy that everyone got to go home sooner than later.

Been to Ramada Westlock? Share your experiences!