“Next time we are in Westlock, we will stay at the Ramada.” 5 of 5 stars

Ramada Westlock
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11311-100 St, Westlock, Alberta T7P 2R8, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Westlock
Slave Lake, AB
“Next time we are in Westlock, we will stay at the Ramada.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

When our home town was evacuated due to wildfires, we made the Ramada our home for nearly 2 weeks. The staff was wonderful making us at home, giving us hugs when we needed it and even making us supper each night. The hotel was full to bursting unexpectedly, but the staff continued on, never getting frustrated or complaining with all the guests hanging around the hotel. They went out of their way to keep us informed of important information we needed to know about town meetings and services available to us evacuees. When it was time to go home, we almost didn't want to leave our safe haven at the Ramada, Thankyou ladies you were wonderful!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
GMWestlock, General Manager at Ramada Westlock, responded to this review, June 6, 2011
No matter what the situation, when staying in a hotel one should always feel safe. It warms my heart that in your uncertain time you felt safe here. We created a "family" in the 2 weeks you were with us and it is already missed. The hustle and bustle is something that the Westlock Ramada Team enjoys and we appreciated your patience and humor during your stay. We loved having help with the laundry, vacuuming and morning dishes. This was a time that we will look upon fondly. All of here are thrilled that we were able to help out and provide for the evacuees.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sechelt, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

My children and I were evacuated from Slave Lake, AB and found ourselves at this hotel. From the very first night, the staff did everything possible to make us comfortable. We stayed 2 weeks and had 2 pets with us as well. The staff were extremely understanding and allowed us to keep the pets in the room with us. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Westlock.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Red Deer, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

From the moment we walked in to the front lobby until the day we left we experienced great hospitality; clean rooms, comfy beds, helpful & cheerful desk staff. The whole family enjoyed the pool, waterslide, & hot tub. However my little girl had left behind something very pecious to her, it has now been 10 days and there is still no parcel in the mail. I was told by staff that it had been sent 7 days ago and have just confirmed with Greyhound that it has actually just been sent out yesterday (this is after numerous phone calls to he hotel). I am very upset that I would be lied to over and over again, and I feel this really questions the integrity of the person of who I was speaking with. I am well aware that there are dishonest pople in this world and people who just don't give a beep, but I will not support there business nor will I recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

We stayed at the Ramada in Westlock for my husband 40th bday weekend as we had family who lived close by. It was by far the best hotel we have ever stayed in. The service was perfect, very friend staff, and totally attentive to all our needs. The pool and waterslide were AWESOME. This hotel really knows how to treat their guests from the most amazing deluxe continental breakfast we have ever seen to the many special touches, such as free cookies at the front desk to popcorn served daily to all day free coffee. We will defiantly be returning to the Ramada Westlock and want to send out a huge thanks to the staff for making our stay amazing!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

this ramada is the best one i have ever stayed in. it was just ausome the waterslide is cool and it is good the lobby is nice it gets all the whole exprince it has a big screen tv the wifi works pefecetly it has wonder ful rooms every bed has at least 5 pillows the people are relly nicly manned and id susgust it to every one thats coming throught westlock

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
High River
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

Very clean and modern. Rooms had numerous ammenities so very comfortable.We had our dog with us and there was no problem. We were given a room on the bottom floor so we could take her straight outside. Would definitely recommend it to friends.

• Stayed August 2009
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2009

This hotel is probably one of the best I've ever stayed in. I was impressed from the moment I walked in the door. The woman at the front desk was friendly and welcoming. She told me right away about the free breakfast, coffee, tea and juice 24/7, and the cookies at the front desk. When I went to my room, I didn't want to leave! We had five people in our party, and we had booked the room with three queen beds. It was huge! In addition to the beds, there was a large desk, a table with three chairs, a dresser, and a chair with ottoman. There was also a microwave, fridge and cupboard in the room. The bathroom had six towels each in two different sizes. The shower had a pulsating head. And there was enough shampoo and conditioner for every one. The beds each had four pillows, and they were very comfortable.

As for the rest of the hotel, there was a nice selection for breakfast, with make your own waffles, french toast, breakfast meat, hard boiled eggs, cereal, yogurt, muffins, fruit, and bagels. Everyone found something they liked. The pool was not large, but it was warm. There was also a hot tub and waterslide.

Something we didn't use was the free internet that they offered, and there was a business centre that had free internet as well. And the fitness centre that we didn't use, but it looked interesting. Oh, and there was a little store that was open 24/7.

I got a great rate by going direct to their website. In fact, I couldn't get a better rate by phoning them. It was extremely reasonable, and in the past I have paid substantially more to get substantially less.

I really felt like this was a perfect hotel because it had everything we wanted as a family, for a reasonable price. I felt like I was in a luxury hotel without the luxury hotel prices. I'd like to go to Westlock again just to stay at this hotel!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Westlock? Share your experiences!